The Mysterious Contract of Boyd (Continue the discussion here please, not the Kevvie Thread)

Man the Boyd thing is like a scab you keep picking at and the wound just won't heal

EXACTLY. Add his name to the censors, or make it when his name is posted, it comes out as "King Turd" instead.

Maybe we need an ex players (and coaches) sub forum.

He’s no longer a Bronco!

Erasmus obviously never met a woman then.

Well mate, you've opened the door here, because actually, he did. After leaving the Sharkies (I'm told he had a needle phobia) he sat himself down and wrote his famous Colloquies, some of which I actually read when I had a bit of spare time, in between our wins this year. He was an interesting cove the old Erasmus, a bit of a radical and ahead of his time. He didn't much subscribe to the prevailing views of the fairer sex in his day, that they caused droughts, floods, crop failure, impotence and shonky contracts. Instead, he thought highly of them, and penned one of his more well known aphorisms: "women, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em". So there you go.

And perhaps to sum up this thread, something else Erasmus wrote: "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." And now, to much applause, I'll show myself out.

To those who believe Bennett didn’t play any part in the enormous pile of steaming shit that was Boyd’s last contract; it stands to reason that you would also believe Bellamy had no idea whatsoever about the systematic salary cap cheating.

Nothing to see here.

View attachment 10282
Except there’s a difference between having knowledge of a situation and being actively involved. And a massive difference between having knowledge of systematic salary cap cheating and having knowledge of a player signing a legal contract.

Nobody is saying Bennett wasn’t involved though, there’s just no way he was deciding numbers and years. They’re not letting an unqualified, near 70 year old (at the time) deal with that much money and try work out how much room there is in a salary cap to fit someone in for four years. It’s just not happening when we literally have people we pay for at the club who deal with that stuff.

Man the Boyd thing is like a scab you keep picking at and the wound just won't heal
I was always told to never pick scabs as they won't heal if ya keep on doing it

Well mate, you've opened the door here, because actually, he did. After leaving the Sharkies (I'm told he had a needle phobia) he sat himself down and wrote his famous Colloquies, some of which I actually read when I had a bit of spare time, in between our wins this year. He was an interesting cove the old Erasmus, a bit of a radical and ahead of his time. He didn't much subscribe to the prevailing views of the fairer sex in his day, that they caused droughts, floods, crop failure, impotence and shonky contracts. Instead, he thought highly of them, and penned one of his more well known aphorisms: "women, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em". So there you go.

And perhaps to sum up this thread, something else Erasmus wrote: "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." And now, to much applause, I'll show myself out.
Will that door lock behind you?

Maybe we need an ex players (and coaches) sub forum.

He’s no longer a Bronco!
Should be excluded from any future 'old boys' events. Absolute cancer.

He can join Wendell at the dragons.

Last edited:
Should be excluded from any future 'old boys' events. Absolute cancer.

He can join Wendell at the dragons.
It's been simply unbelievable the way the NRL media has managed to retcon Wendell into exclusively a Dragons alumni in his retirement.

They even attempted to do the same thing with Gordie now when he was doing the promo for Indigenous round this year and he waffled on for 10 minutes about the great indigenous Dragons players he played with, as though he was almost never a Bronco and that even when he was the Broncos never had any indigenous players to speak of either. Talk about re-writing history.

It's been simply unbelievable the way the NRL media has managed to retcon Wendell into exclusively a Dragons alumni in his retirement.

They even attempted to do the same thing with Gordie now when he was doing the promo for Indigenous round this year and he waffled on for 10 minutes about the great indigenous Dragons players he played with, as though he was almost never a Bronco and that even when he was the Broncos never had any indigenous players to speak of either. Talk about re-writing history.
I'm happy to rewrite Tallis out of our history.

That's not the media, that's those players.

I wish we had a signing to converse about instead of dredging up this old rerun.

I can't wait until this bloke is never talked about again on this forum.

Normally, I'd say be careful what you wish for, but then, this is one case where it's good not to have any options

Last edited:

Active Now

• Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.