NEWS The night before losing 58-0 to the Eels, the Broncos were … at the pub

All year the team has lacked professionalism on the field. Makes sense that this stuff is going on off it.

I would be moving on all the Senior members now.

Regardless of whether it breaches the rules it shows a clear lack of insight into what is expected to win a final, especially when you are on big dollars.

It just proves that our senior players don't have what it takes to lead so they need to go.

The people that work at the front office of the Club deserve better. So do the members.

I honestly understand that perspective...if not for the score line the next day. Looking for explanations - I'd start there. Wouldn't you? Or is it entirely unrelated?

Just so happens Milf, Macca and Gillo to a large extent sucked.

Milf and Macca have sucked for most of the season and Gillo hasn't looked the same since pre-neck injury, I don't think a session on the where's the gold is going to dramatically change anything either way.

I agree the Optics aren't great, but I think it's a pretty lazy leap to go - 6 players were out the previous night, that's why we got pumped by 58 points. Nah, when you have the least creative spine in history and a similarly uninspiring captain, coming up against a team in good form in a new stadium, it's not gonna end well regardless of whether you had a punt the night before.

Milf and Macca have sucked for most of the season and Gillo hasn't looked the same since pre-neck injury, I don't think a session on the where's the gold is going to dramatically change anything either way.

I agree the Optics aren't great, but I think it's a pretty lazy leap to go - 6 players were out the previous night, that's why we got pumped by 58 points. Nah, when you have the least creative spine in history and a similarly uninspiring captain, coming up against a team in good form in a new stadium, it's not gonna end well regardless of whether you had a punt the night before.

No one is suggesting this is solely to blame - but put in perspective, it's hardly acceptable, especially of senior players, is it?

Also, without Milford, we would have sucked twice as hard. Not true of the other two.

No one is suggesting this is solely to blame - but put in perspective, it's hardly acceptable, especially of senior players, is it?

it looks worse than what it is because of the result, and it's a lazy inference to go well the performance was because these guys were out! the performance had been bubbling for ages - if you really want to know who I blame for that, that's the coaching staff.

Also, without Milford, we would have sucked twice as hard. Not true of the other two.
On Sunday or in general? We scored zero points on Sunday so I don't know how much worse it could've got. Can you score negative points? In general? The amount of solid-good games Milf had this season could probably be counted on one hand.

The QLD players used to go out go-karting the night before a game.

it looks worse than what it is because of the result, and it's a lazy inference to go well the performance was because these guys were out! the performance had been bubbling for ages - if you really want to know who I blame for that, that's the coaching staff.

On Sunday or in general? We scored zero points on Sunday so I don't know how much worse it could've got. Can you score negative points? In general? The amount of solid-good games Milf had this season could probably be counted on one hand.

In general. Bag Milford all you want - he's been carrying this team. He deserves to be paid back with some decent support in the spine for a bit.

You are offering nothing but a cop out, sorry pal. It's the coaching staff - lol okay, but Gillo, Macca and Milf were out gambling the night before. Wilful ignorance I'm afraid. There is a connection - it's called attitude.

Nah , Sorry nothing in it. Not a fan of the pokies myself but So what if they were out till midnight. would it have been ok if they were at a library?

For me it depends. There’s nothing wrong with having a sober slap the night before a game. Especially if they really weren’t having a drink.

There is a massive issue however, depending on what expectations were explicitly lined out by the team’s officials. If these players went against the coach and “snuck out behind Seibolds back” as this article states than all the senior players involved need very harsh punishments. Oates, Macca, and Milford have all been punished for this kind of shit before. All 3 can go play somewhere else if this is the case. If they are influencing our young players like this and not getting around the culture the coach is trying to build I don’t want them near the team. Gillo has just been backed as our next captain, what a joke that is.

Again it all depends on how the club sees this. If they were okay with the players going out than I couldn’t really care less. If it was straight disobedience than **** them all off and fine the youngsters.

Nah , Sorry nothing in it. Not a fan of the pokies myself but So what if they were out till midnight. would it have been ok if they were at a library?

I don't care if they were out all night as long as they don't play like a bunch of tired fuckheads. Personally I don't think it is acceptable the night before a knockout final, but if you do it you get your shit right and don't be amongst the worst players in a fucking disgraceful performance.

This is there job and if you **** up at work it is one thing, but if your employer finds out the reason you fucked up is because you were out late being a fuckhead then it is another thing.

Last edited:
My concern is why were they staying at the Pullman, its average as!! Nothing to do there, no bar area, no pool, no spa..

In all seriousness, i would have expected a better choice of decisions, especially with prior consent of captain and coach... Obviously there is a lack of respect and communication between the team.

You are offering nothing but a cop out, sorry pal. It's the coaching staff - lol okay, but Gillo, Macca and Milf were out gambling the night before. Wilful ignorance I'm afraid. There is a connection - it's called attitude.

I don't need to offer anything because I don't see this being an issue. You do. You see it as being intrinsically linked to getting smacked by 58 points when the writing for that had been on the wall all season.

Its not great, but its not the big drama people are making it out to be either unless they were off their faces. No way would any of them have their contracts torn up over this.

Is there any suggestion that you know of that the coaching staff has advised against this?

Because really that would be the only actual issue. If they were free to roam until midnight than there’s nothing to see here whatsoever.

I’d be very surprised if the whole Parra team just said their nightly prayers and climbed into beddy-bys by 9pm.

It's not that terrible and I wouldn't want it used as an excuse for 58-0, but the senior players are losers and their attitude stinks. You'd be better off clearing them out and either bringing in some experience or letting the younger guys take over the team and being patient with them.

I don't need to offer anything because I don't see this being an issue. You do. You see it as being intrinsically linked to getting smacked by 58 points when the writing for that had been on the wall all season.

Our biggest thrashing ever - in fact the biggest thrashing ever in the finals - had been on the wall all season?

Thanks for sharing Nostradamus.

I do see this leadership group as an issue, this is yet another mark against them. This would at least help explain the lack of care and interest - they are getting paid, having fun. They don't care.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.