NEWS The NRL Lurker: Three Brisbane Broncos to be told to look elsewhere for 2020

Lurker forgot the most likely one to happen, Roberts. :facepalmwastaken:

This was a Daniel D rumour turpin was included aswell. I'm sure I posted it lik afte week. So I'm not convinced.

Seems like one of those easy to write rumour articles that make sense based on the current situation.

Hardly. Players like Boyd and McC would tolerate playing ISC for about 5 minutes. The longer they play at that level, the less chance they have of finding another club, because other clubs would notice they're barely making a dent even in park footy.
Boyd has a contract until he is 34 though. Why would he leave? Theres no way he is playing beyond that. He will just sit in Qcup and say thanks for the 800k.

you mean like Bennett did when he returned to Barba, Hoffman, Kennedy etc

That's a fair point, but they didn't have to go anywhere if they didn't want too. T

Boyd has a contract until he is 34 though. Why would he leave? Theres no way he is playing beyond that. He will just sit in Qcup and say thanks for the 800k.
Just like I would although I'd suggest that we could work something out if they wanted me to quit right away.

Maybe the club could employ Boyd in an offfield position ?

You know what, I'd be okay with that. It's a big hit to salary cap but we'll just have to wear it thanks to Clint. As long as Boyd isn't stinking it up in first grade.

you mean like Bennett did when he returned to Barba, Hoffman, Kennedy etc

I get where @broncsgoat is coming from though, the 3 guys in involved in this rumour aren't going to get clubs elsewhere & if they miraculously did it would be a huge paycut. In this particular scenario we have SFA leverage.

The 3 you mentioned still had football in them and playing reggies would have been far more detrimental to their careers.

Last edited:
I get where @broncsgoat is coming from though, the 3 guys in involved in this rumour aren't going to get clubs elsewhere & if they miraculously did it would be a huge paycut.

The 3 you mentioned still had football in them and playing reggies would have been far more detrimental to their careers.

Plus, the Broncs played large parts of their salaries.

I see Macca as a Peter Wallace type. He has been good for the club, tried his guts out but just isn’t what we need. Just like Wal, Macca could be very handy to another club in his last few years of footy.

I really really hope this is true. If it is, I applaud Seibs for taking control and having the balls to drop players and tell players to look elsewhere.

We need this. We need a clean out. Cut the fat. This is great news. Small steps but we will get there.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • davidp
  • Santa
  • NSW stables
  • Morepudding
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.