NEWS The psychology behind how Broncos can get out of form slump

oh man...i wish......gotta be the senior entitled lot id say.....plus throw in ridiculous contracts for guys who have barely earned such rewards....

Last edited:
there are cancers within the playing group

I dont know who exactly...im not that close to the source..

But yeh, we need to dig, find them and move them on...

My fear is the infection now runs to the younger brigade coming through..that would set us back even more than what we face currently

Things can turn around quickly in sport, but this will be the longest year of our Broncos supporting lives

trust me....there is worse to come yet...there are no answers whatsoever to what troubles this club

none....

So get used to it is all im saying....maybe we just forfeit..?

No. There are answers. They are set out in crystal clarity by the dude who wrote the article heading this thread. The issue of course is whether the club, including Seibold takes notice, and takes steps to turn things around. If not, then more of the same. That's inevitable as no single player, or roster change is capable of the massive turnaround that is needed before we can play to our potential, the one on paper, not the field.

Until then, all we can hope for are improvements in effort until heads drop as the score mounts.

there are cancers within the playing group

I dont know who exactly...im not that close to the source..

But yeh, we need to dig, find them and move them on...

My fear is the infection now runs to the younger brigade coming through..that would set us back even more than what we face currently

Things can turn around quickly in sport, but this will be the longest year of our Broncos supporting lives

trust me....there is worse to come yet...there are no answers whatsoever to what troubles this club

none....

So get used to it is all im saying....maybe we just forfeit..?
Oh god yes..I feel so bad for Seibs..his cards were marked long ago...

oh man...i wish......gotta be the senior entitled lot id say.....plus throw in ridiculous contracts for guys who have barely earned such rewards....

I don’t want to speak on players characters but the last gen of players has a lot of rumours about their team, and it’s possibly carrying over. Again, all these rumours have been in the media or mentioned by posters over the years, I’m not personally vouching for their truth.

- McGuire was accused of being a rat leaking inside info. The team even apparently set up a sting operation in which they fed him false info about Gillo leaving to confirm it was him. On top of this he was apparently an annoying character and a bit of a bully.

- Oates has had sustained rumours of sulking about what position he is picked to play in, spanning years.

- Milford was outted by Benji as being a lazy trainer and apparently consistently rocks up to preseason far fatter than requested. Also reportedly has a very quiet and reserved personality - which definitely isn’t a knock but could mean he’s a poor communicator as a half and senior player. On top of this, according the Lockyer he turned out the offer to be mentored as a half from the man himself. I don’t know why the **** that was allowed or why it was deemed up to him to decide.

- Glenn & Kahu, a few seasons ago there were reports of them being seen as cliquey And mostly sticking to other kiwi players and not bonding well with the rest of the team. Kahu has openly bagged the club for how he was treated (possibly rightly so), and Glenn was shopped around until the club had a change of *heart (*circumstance) and decided to keep him around and make him captain.

- Boyd’s on field efforts are all you need to see to question if he is a positive influence in the team or not.

- Macca, although seen as the ultimate but limited in ability professional has been involved in, from memory, 3 different alcohol/curfew related incidents.

- Bird has been surrounded by roomies about wanting to return to Sydney, regretting his deal, and not feeling apart of the team due to spending so much time out of action basically since his first season with us.

Keep in mind many of these rumours first began while the club was still playing well, and not just piling shit on a struggling team. Something has felt off about the playing group for years.

In my personal opinion, the experienced player we needed the most during this period of rebuilding was Gillo. I think he is exactly the kind of player and character that you could point to and say to the younger guys “that’s the standard”. I do wonder if he could’ve come back from that neck injury if he was given more time.

Last edited:
well its easy to imagine then if even 50% of that is true then its gunna take more than a few rounds of the 2020 season to fix...

Not exactly what this thread is about but I thought it interesting. Not sure who Dingo_Dan supports but an interesting take from a non-Broncos supporter. Seemed a fair enough take to me:

From LU

No need to go to LU. I posted a similar comment yesterday about Parker and Thaiday and their entitlement.

Then you don't have to read about the "tale" end of a season.

I don’t want to speak on players characters but the last gen of players has a lot of rumours about their team, and it’s possibly carrying over. Again, all these rumours have been in the media or mentioned by posters over the years, I’m not personally vouching for their truth.

- McGuire was accused of being a rat leaking inside info. The team even apparently set up a sting operation in which they fed him false info about Gillo leaving to confirm it was him. On top of this he was apparently an annoying character and a bit of a bully.

- Oates has had sustained rumours of sulking about what position he is picked to play in, spanning years.

- Milford was outted by Benji as being a lazy trainer and apparently consistently rocks up to preseason far fatter than requested. Also reportedly has a very quiet and reserved personality - which definitely isn’t a knock but could mean he’s a poor communicator as a half and senior player. On top of this, according the Lockyer he turned out the offer to be mentored as a half from the man himself. I don’t know why the **** that was allowed or why it was deemed up to him to decide.

- Glenn & Kahu, a few seasons ago there were reports of them being seen as cliquey And mostly sticking to other kiwi players and not bonding well with the rest of the team. Kahu has openly bagged the club for how he was treated (possibly rightly so), and Glenn was shopped around until the club had a change of *heart (*circumstance) and decided to keep him around and make him captain.

- Boyd’s on field efforts are all you need to see to question if he is a positive influence in the team or not.

- Macca, although seen as the ultimate but limited in ability professional has been involved in, from memory, 3 different alcohol/curfew related incidents.

- Bird has been surrounded by roomies about wanting to return to Sydney, regretting his deal, and not feeling apart of the team due to spending so much time out of action basically since his first season with us.

Keep in mind many of these rumours first began while the club was still playing well, and not just piling shit on a struggling team. Something has felt off about the playing group for years.

In my personal opinion, the experienced player we needed the most during this period of rebuilding was Gillo. I think he is exactly the kind of player and character that you could point to and say to the younger guys “that’s the standard”. I do wonder if he could’ve come back from that neck injury if he was given more time.

Sounds like normal team dramas to me. See if you can find me a team where everyone is an A class citizen. Sorry - won't find it.

What is needed is LEADERSHIP - and knowing how to relate with individuals to get the best out of them. Leaership is also about getting broken individuals to come together and compliment each other.

All these foibles you've mentioned here are not game breakers. It's just life. For example, McGuire leaking to the press - talk to him, tell him if he does it again he's gone.

Tell Oates to stop sulking otherwise he'll be dropped. Tell Milford that if he turns up to training overweight, he will automatically miss two games.

It's called discipline, and its the only thing that will pull this team out of the hole.

Most of those are gone in the next 14 months. Boyd and Kahu are gone this year, Glenn probably next. Milf will go elsewhere at end of '21 or get peanuts. Oates Player options to end of '22 - if he can capture some form won't be too bad, Joe is a problem - end of '22 on est. half a mil a year *puke*.
**** me, I forgot we gave him that much.
seriously, diabolical.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Jazza
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.