The "rebuild" after WB, where to from here?

If a second Brisbane team is confirmed this year, the Broncos are in some big trouble, especially if they can land some decent marquee signings or land a big name coach.

SOS Des Hasler, not too sure how long his deal with Manly is but he’s exactly who we need here currently.

Injuries, cap space chewed up, players not responding, young team.....How does Seibs or the club get ontop of this?
There has been some extremely poor decisions made when signing the “stars” in this roster. Whoever signed off on Milford being even close to 1mill should be out the door first. It’s probably the same guy that signed off on a lengthy and big priced contract for Boyd. These are the signings that have restricted the club for the last few years, an will continue to into the future. Chuck in the stupid player options that pretty much every player has on their contract and we aren’t in the greatest of shape with this roster.

SOS Des Hasler, not too sure how long his deal with Manly is but he’s exactly who we need here currently.
yeah he belongs in the ass-whipping coach bracket. gets results too, though tends to leave clubs fucked once he goes (kinda like bennett but with not as much success?)

Hitting too hard. One of the best legal shots you'll ever see...and he got penalised because it stunned the Rooster who got hammered.

They will claim contact made with head and with loading see XYZ weeks i guarantee. Was a solid hit and doesn't deserve anything.

Honestly with the way the club have mistreated the fans over the last decade, I can’t guarantee that I wouldn’t support another Brisbane team if they came in. Brisbane isn’t like Sydney where every suburb gets a club, I’ve always supported Brisbane in every sport that exists. If another Brisbane team can come in, make some good decisions and not **** us around every week then sign me up.

I see a lot of complaints but not many solutions.

Seibold appears to be listening to consensus:
Macca gone ✅
Kniko gone ✅
Roberts gone ✅
McGuire gone ✅
Kahu gone ✅⏪❌
Gillett retired✅
Thaiday gone✅
Boyd gone ❌
Boyd shifted ✅
Boyd stripped of C ✅
Halfback signed ✅

So which one of these decisions would people have done differently? what players would you have signed and which juniors would you have let walk?

Is it bad luck? Was it too much of an experience exodus too soon? Is it good team building but shit coaching?

Macca gone ✅
Kniko gone ✅
Roberts gone ✅
McGuire gone ✅
Kahu gone ✅⏪❌
Gillett retired✅
Thaiday gone✅
Boyd gone ❌
Boyd shifted ✅
Boyd stripped of C ✅
Halfback signed ✅

So which one of these decisions would people have done differently? what players would you have signed and which juniors would you have let walk?

Is it bad luck? Was it too much of an experience exodus too soon? Is it good team building but shit coaching?
Why does it have to be one or the other? We can be thankful that he is moving on the old crowd but irate that he's clearly shithouse at coaching the new?

Why does it have to be one or the other? We can be thankful that he is moving on the old crowd but irate that he's clearly shithouse at coaching the new?

isn’t that the exact possible option I used at the end of my post?

Macca gone ✅
Kniko gone ✅
Roberts gone ✅
McGuire gone ✅
Kahu gone ✅⏪❌
Gillett retired✅
Thaiday gone✅
Boyd gone ❌
Boyd shifted ✅
Boyd stripped of C ✅
Halfback signed ✅

Game plans would be nice. Set plays. Having the team hold onto the ball? This isn't rll4 or Fantasy Footy. You can't just come in and release and sign anyone you want without a plan. That's exactly what Seibold has done. Sacking people is all well and good but that's literally done nothing but take us backwards so maybe it wasn't the best option?

That's literally Seibold's job.

I don't see anything to suggest he has a plan for the team.

I'm talking structures and systems like you see with other teams. Each player knows their role and they play as a unit. The Broncos have been an unstructured mess for a long time.

That's literally Seibold's job.

I don't see anything to suggest he has a plan for the team.

I'm talking structures and systems like you see with other teams. Each player knows their role and they play as a unit. The Broncos have been an unstructured mess for a long time.

imagine being a rookie and debuting in a side like Melbourne or the Roosters. You have a team around you that is well drilled and knows all the shapes and structures, and you just have to play your role and you’ll have success. Now imagine you’re debuting for us and to your left is a guy playing his 10th game to your right a guy playing his 7th game.Your being passed the ball by a guy also on debut.
i agree, our structures have been awful for years and now even if you were to try and coach good ones, the team is so inexperienced that they’re almost all starting from square one.

I can accept half the troops are out. I cant accept lack of effort. I don't care and accept if beaten by 50 and they slugged their guts out. Something is missing.
[automerge]1591278076[/automerge]
imagine being a rookie and debuting in a side like Melbourne or the Roosters. You have a team around you that is well drilled and knows all the shapes and structures, and you just have to play your role and you’ll have success. Now imagine you’re debuting for us and to your left is a guy playing his 10th game to your right a guy playing his 7th game.Your being passed the ball by a guy also on debut.
i agree, our structures have been awful for years and now even if you were to try and coach good ones, the team is so inexperienced that they’re almost all starting from square one.

Well it works like this.

You strap your boots on, and you know your job is to keep it simple and match your man. If you walk out knowing they have the edge on you - its already over. A rookie needs to be told and taught and supported to know that coming into the game is a progressive thing. Simple simple and build during the match. Good players come into their own, will settle down with this and when opportunities come up not be scrambled.

Last edited:
I was actually thinking last night; if you were a Haas, Fifita or one of the other young stars we have with bright futures, how long would you want to hang around this rabble and potentially never win a thing?

I have loved the Broncos my whole life. But as a player, at what stage do you look around and think, how on earth do we turn this around? Take 2015 out, we’ve been going backwards since 2006 and finally look to be sensationally plummeting out of control now.

Last edited:
Best post I've read on here in awhile. Completely agree with everything said and it's so true.
We need to start a new comp. Get into Vince McMahons ear as he wants to run a football comp so badly. Just show him a bunch of big men running into each other without pads and he will jizz his pants. We can call it World Rugby Entertainment, or the Super League. Let successful clubs off the field be successful on the field. We get none of the benefits NSW think we do and yet they've brought in numerous rules and caps to hinder us over the years. We give so much to this competition and we are completely fucked by the N(SW)RL every year.

If we can't do that we need to have people who give a **** about the club running it. If a player doesn't want to be here and would rather negotiate with other clubs then **** them off. The Titans can pay you a million but we won't. We are just a mediocre team all round, with Fifita and Haas being the exceptions. So many scapegoats have been blamed while others get excuses after excuses. What difference is Milford making that someone like Dearden couldn't already be doing? About 850k difference off the field, none on it. Half of our team are just spuds. Milf, Croft, Oates, Boyd, Arthurs, Kahu, Staggs, Kennar, O'Sullivan, Hopoate, Ofahengaue, Kennedy are all reserve grade players at best at the moment. Then we've got the players who are usually ok but they have shit for brains in TPJ, Lodge and Flegler.

Our coach has no idea. This is something that has been evident since his Rabbitohs days. He tries to reinvent the wheel when it's just not necessary. He has taken us backwards. So far backwards. This isn't a hindsight thing. The players respected our previous coach and he at least had a clue. He shouldn't last the week, let alone the year. Bring Kevvie in with Hodges as his assistant, it can't be any worse than this.

Also why hasn't Seibold been called out for nepotism yet? The fact that Richie Kennar has played a first grade game for the Brisbane Broncos should say it all. I still love the club but **** those who run it and **** half of the players. Lazy bunch of instagram influencers posing as footy players. If Seibold had any balls he'd have them all delete their social media first thing tomorrow.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Socnorb
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncomax
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • phoenix
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Alec
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Johnny92
  • upthebroncs
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • mitch222
  • Santa
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.