The Roar: Broncos Best Team Ever

T

The Boss

BRL Player
Feb 15, 2016
The Roar have listed Brisbane best team ever ? Do you agree with the team? Also how will it go against the other all time teams?

This is Raiders team
Sharks

Also while I agree that Kevin Walters is the right choice, he is wrong to say that Wally Lewis didn't play well for the Broncos that is complete b/s, he was outstanding in 1988 and 1989.1990 was a season plagued through with injuries.

Lol at the Sharks team.

Early candidate for wooden spoon in the greatest team shootout.

Last edited:
I frequented The Roar years ago and even wrote a couple of articles for them.

It went downhill pretty quickly though and I wouldn’t go there now if someone paid me.

I wouldn’t give them any credence regarding anything these days.
i very rarely frequented the roar back in the day as it had some ok articles, which ones did you write?

Best team we ever had was the 1997-98 vintage.

Simple as that. One of the best club sides of all time. 1994 Raiders team was something else but id still say they are behind that team.

Last edited:
I don't know, the Titans side wouldn't be great.
I'd be curious to what the titans could come up with, in regard to the a best ever side. They had some great names but they would have to be balanced by the fact they were usually at the end/beginnings of their careers.
You'd look at a team at first glance with jarrad hayne, wally lewis and greg bird in the side and think "how did they not get into the 8 more often, let alone win a premiership? but then you dig a little deeper and find there were a lot that were pretty much washed out (or some drugged/drunk out) to be that player we are thinking of with the name.
I hope for their sake Holbrook changes the culture there and builds something, but it really depends on the club as a whole. At least with us, we know what works (and now unfortunately what doesn't). Kevin Walters has seen plenty of what did work at this club, but he must feel like a mum who walks away while the kids make their own lunch, only to find the house on fire!

The Titans team is actually turned out better then I thought . Manly and the Roosters teams look really good

Haven’t done it yet, the likes of Greg Bird, Jai Arrow, Nate Myles , Luke Bailey, Preston Campbell.
All good players who wouldn't look out of place at any club, but I wouldn't class them as necessarily top tier players and that's the problem with the Titans here their best players are what would be for a lot of teams mid tier players.

Haven’t done it yet, the likes of Greg Bird, Jai Arrow, Nate Myles , Luke Bailey, Preston Campbell.
Jarryd Hayne, Scott Prince, Matt Rogers, Dave Taylor.

the team actually might look quite good on paper. The real issue is that it’s misleading because most of them had their good seasons elsewhere.

1 Preston Campbell
2. Matt Rogers
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. James Roberts
5. Michael Gordon
6. Ash Taylor
7. Scott Prince
8. Nate Myles
9. Nathan Friend
10. Luke Bailey
11. David Taylor
12. Greg Bird
13. Jai Arrow

14. AJ Brimson
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Ryan James
17. Ashley Harrison

All good players who wouldn't look out of place at any club, but I wouldn't class them as necessarily top tier players and that's the problem with the Titans here their best players are what would be for a lot of teams mid tier players.
I agree they really good players but it

Active Now

• Dash
  • Cavalo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Fozz
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • bb_gun
  • The Don
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Astro
  • NSW stables
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.