The Roar: Broncos Best Team Ever

BooKhaki

BRL Player
Thats about as good as it gets......👍
Didn't want to include Thaiday, as I think he is one of the most over-rated players of the last 20 years, but he had some great years in his early years running wide. Almost included Gillett over him, who was much better for much longer. Looking back, I'd take Gillett now and move Thaiday to 18th man/media manager.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Didn't want to include Thaiday, as I think he is one of the most over-rated players of the last 20 years, but he had some great years in his early years running wide. Almost included Gillett over him, who was much better for much longer. Looking back, I'd take Gillett now and move Thaiday to 18th man/media manager.
I'd almost forgotten about Gillette........still, Thaiday was better with the ball in his hand. I'd leave it as is....or throw them both out and think of someone else.

Gene Miles........

I'd love to leave Kevvie out and swap him with Wally....but, TBH
Walters fits that side better.

BooKhaki

BRL Player
And Walters did so much more for Brisbane than Lewis. 5 premierships > 0. If Walters isn't at 6, it would be Lockyer with KHunt at 1.

Last edited:

The Boss

U18 Player
The Titans team for those who were curious.

theshed

Third Man In
My condolences

JAHHW

NRL Player
Wow, that mob would struggle to beat the 2020 Broncos.

The Boss

U18 Player
Wow, that mob would struggle to beat the 2020 Broncos.
With Prince and Sezer who have legit halves also Myles Bird Harrison Big Mo good enough forwards . They have only been in NRL for 13 years give them a break .

JAHHW

NRL Player
With Prince and Sezer who have legit halves also Myles Bird Harrison Big Mo good enough forwards . They have only been in NRL for 13 years give them a break .
The Storm have only been in the competition for 22 years, so about 70% longer.

I’d be willing to bet their team is well in excess of 70% better than the Titans, and in every single position.

The Boss

U18 Player
The Storm have only been in the competition for 22 years, so about 70% longer.

I’d be willing to bet their team is well in excess of 70% better than the Titans, and in every single position.
It helps when you have the GOAT Coach developing and attracting great young players .

JAHHW

NRL Player
It helps when you have the GOAT Coach developing and attracting great young players .
Not sure that is particularly relevant? As a club, the Titans are where they are. Sure, sliding doors and what-ifs could change the landscape for many teams, but that’s simply not the reality.

The reality is that the Titans, after 13 years, can only manage to field a modestly weak ‘best of’. That’s really all there is to it.

But for comparison sake, after 13 years, the Broncos and Storm teams would undoubtedly annihilate them.

Thelmus

NRL Player
I'd say as of right now if fiffita plays to his potential that has shown, he would be better than just about every player on that list.
If I was a titans fan, I would be excited for what they are building there. I'd also say that considering what he was working with, john cartright's tenure doesn't look so bad.
Since he signed here, I'm kind of excited to what this team of ours with a bit of direction might do.
Perhaps not the eight, but I might actually look forward to watching 80 minutes without that familiar sinking feeling of late. And with a couple of good signings, who knows?
I going to love to see a young talent like dearden with Walters in his ear.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
I'd say as of right now if fiffita plays to his potential that has shown, he would be better than just about every player on that list.
If I was a titans fan, I would be excited for what they are building there. I'd also say that considering what he was working with, john cartright's tenure doesn't look so bad.
Since he signed here, I'm kind of excited to what this team of ours with a bit of direction might do.
Perhaps not the eight, but I might actually look forward to watching 80 minutes without that familiar sinking feeling of late. And with a couple of good signings, who knows?
I going to love to see a young talent like dearden with Walters in his ear.

Am I the only one thinking a return to the top eight is to be expected?

This year was FUBAR. The perfect storm of shit, I can't see it happening again.

The Boss

U18 Player
You think the Broncos all time team can beat this mob?

The Don

QCup Player
Yes

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
No we'd lose to a Lyon torso try.

Last edited:

BooKhaki

BRL Player
Great side, but I would have Lewis at lock instead of Carroll and Miles on the bench instead of Thaiday.
How many times did Lewis play lock for Brisbane? Stop letting his feats at Origin level influence the need to pick him for a Brisbane side.

Mustafur

QCup Player
Shitney
Lockyer at 6 and Hunt at 1 is the better option imo, Hunt was good enough to displace Billy in 1 for QLD and Australia and Lockyer was by far the best Broncos 6 we have ever had.

replace Kerrod with Berrigan and move Kevvie to 14.

Last edited:

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Lockyer at 6 and Hunt at 1 is the better option imo, Hunt was good enough to displace Billy in 1 for QLD and Australia and Lockyer was by far the best Broncos 6 we have ever had.

replace Kerrod with Berrigan and move Kevvie to 14.

i hate to sound like Gould, but ... NO NO NO NO NO

if we are talking best ever Broncos teams then both Locky and Kevvie need to be there and be in the starting side. it's a no brainer, Locky at 1, Kevvie at 6

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.