The Sad Decline of Darren Lockyer as a Player and Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tragic really. Speaking of tragic, where is nelly77?

I'd like to nominate this thread for thread of the year. It's fucking hilarious.

The Brizz said:
The pass for Folau's try is pretty much the most incredible thing I have seen on a field the way he feigns and then throws the ball in reverse and manages to throw the cut out onto Folau's chest is just masterful.
agreed. that is probably the best pass i have ever seen. 2 dummies on one side of the body, then to throw that beautiful cutout pass from his right side while running across to the right............pure magic.

even if on form he doesnt deserve to be there, boy oh boy can he still play. from now on im just gonna enjoy watching him play out his career, you wont hear me say another bad word about him :D

Anonymous person said:
[quote="The Brizz":3rz7ji4t]The pass for Folau's try is pretty much the most incredible thing I have seen on a field the way he feigns and then throws the ball in reverse and manages to throw the cut out onto Folau's chest is just masterful.
agreed. that is probably the best pass i have ever seen. 2 dummies on one side of the body, then to throw that beautiful cutout pass from his right side while running across to the right............pure magic.

even if on form he doesnt deserve to be there, boy oh boy can he still play. from now on im just gonna enjoy watching him play out his career, you wont hear me say another bad word about him :D[/quote:3rz7ji4t]

He still doesn't deserve to be there?? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Typical. [icon_lol1.

In AP's defence I think he was referring to form pre-ANZAC Test which is when most of this criticism was being heaped on him.

Like all champion players, what they're doing in club football isn't the only thing to judge them on.

Form is a stupid way to pick players IMO. Darren Lockyer has proven himself time and time again...so he deserves selection at all times because he's a proven player. That's what QLD have done too.

Locky is a true legend of the game and he keeps proving his critic to be fools.

I was watching NRL Tactics on fox sports after game one when they had Noddy on there. they asked Noddy about what he thought about all of these former blues players coming out and saying that Locky was past in and wasn't up to origin footy any more, his reply was: that he wished they wouldn't say stuff like that because every time they did, Lock came out and proved them wrong like the true champion he is. :D

fenomeno said:
He still doesn't deserve to be there?? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Typical. [icon_lol1.
on form, no, he didnt - and if he doesnt get picked for origin 1, he isnt there for origin 2 either. on form in 2010, no, he should not have been picked when we had both Thurston and Cronk absolutely carving up week in week out, while Lockyer played poorly in a badly beaten and underperforming team every week.

OK, all opinions on this are now done and dusted.

Kudos to AP for acknowledging that Lockyer has been able to turn his form around and prove what a champion he is.

Am going to lock the thread while people are basically plaing nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ostin86
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • simplythebest
  • Nerd
  • Reds2011
  • jd87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • spanky
  • mrtij
  • eggstar10
  • Dexter
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.