The Sad Decline of Darren Lockyer as a Player and Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
lynx000 said:
Yeh I totally agree with Dragg about this, Lockyer is not doing enough, he really needs to lift his act. He is still missing tackles, some of his kicking yesterday was cod ordinary, did you see the number of times the ball went dead, he couldn't keep it in play for the life of him. Back to Q-Cup to regain some form.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

lynx000 said:
Yeh I totally agree with Dragg about this, Lockyer is not doing enough, he really needs to lift his act. He is still missing tackles, some of his kicking yesterday was cod ordinary, did you see the number of times the ball went dead, he couldn't keep it in play for the life of him. Back to Q-Cup to regain some form.
You're laying it a bit too thick there mate... [eusa_doh

Bucking Beads said:
draggx said:
Dont get excited yet, To be honest the players around him are making him look better then he is. Drop balls, bad passes he has them all in his game right now. It was a mistake to play Origin and will be a mistake to play beyond this contract.

He might not be over the hill but he isn't far from it.

serious?? [icon_shru

haha really Beads, out of everyone on this forum i expected you to know i was baiting.

Huge. said:
It appears that there are a lot of very poor judges out there with them selecting Lockyer, according to draggx at least. Those people who've selected Lockyer have made a serious lapse in judgement , a lapse that many seem to be in agreement with. They win the test and Origin 1 with Lockyer there, his club also wins during that period, and yet draggx views that as an error in judgement to have picked Lockyer. Kinda makes you wonder what would satisfy him and also makes you think draggx would be the last person you would ask for an opinion on a players merits.

That was a Huge bite.

Lockyer went from being the best fullback, to best 5/8th and now he's pretty much the best halfback too. It'll be a sad, sad, sad day when he retires.

The missus wouldn't let me call my son Locky!!!!

Bucking Beads said:
The missus wouldn't let me call my son Locky!!!!
Smack her! [icon_razz1

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:
Lamb had 349. Lockyer has 327. 23 to go.

By rights should play another 10 first grade games this season at least, another 20+ next year...yep, should become the most capped player. And all at one club too.

but loyalty is dead!!

I think it will be when Lockyer retires.

Generations these days don't value loyalty over money. The game is a business nowdays. How many people 35 years or younger do you think will work for the one employer 10 years plus these days. It's not a RL specific issue, it's just a shift in the values of society.

I doubt Lockyer will be going through in 2012, then he will really be pushing it lol, he's already 33.
It's amazing though for him to play 41 out of a possible last 45 games at his age, really is something to brag about.
Most players at that age start to miss a lot of games through niggling injuries and what not.

I <33333333 Lockyer and his awesome voice!

Argh the voice, it makes my eyes water.

broncospwn said:
I doubt Lockyer will be going through in 2012, then he will really be pushing it lol, he's already 33.

Alf played halfback in 2002 at 35/36. No reason Locky can't.

Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

Exactly and if you look at Alfie then he was still giving the Broncos that extra direction needed that they were very much lacking when it came to the playmaking and took a lot of load off Lockyer at the time, currently Darren Lockyer is even showing signs of his running game still being there to some degree and his definitely still got the playmaking abilities in him, IMO the only thing that will force Lockyer to retire early would be a serious injury.

GCBRONCO said:
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

Exactly and if you look at Alfie then he was still giving the Broncos that extra direction needed that they were very much lacking when it came to the playmaking and took a lot of load off Lockyer at the time, currently Darren Lockyer is even showing signs of his running game still being there to some degree and his definitely still got the playmaking abilities in him, IMO the only thing that will force Lockyer to retire early would be a serious injury.

Or possibly a premiership - go out on a high.

GCBRONCO said:
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

1. Wash your mouth out
2. Go knock on some damn wood you fool!

Yeh, AP was telling me earlier Lockyer's had a few lucky games, he's definitely past it.

The sad decline of Darren Lockyer.

And yes I know he didn't play this week but I like to re-live this thread on a weekly basis [icon_razz1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Slippin Jimmy
  • BroncoFan94
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • theshed
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • Tim K
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.