The Sad Decline of Darren Lockyer as a Player and Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he even out there today? Didn't see him at all, definite decline.

Well I think Corey Parker has shown he is definitely next in line for permanent captaincy when Lockyer hangs up the boots.

broncospwn said:
Well I think Corey Parker has shown he is definitely next in line for permanent captaincy when Lockyer hangs up the boots.
I think Thaiday is also raising his hand. But I'm happy with either really.

Lockyer was shit today, did nothing, it was like he wasn't out there

He was pure AWESOME tonight... A good sign for the Broncos IMO.

Should probably just sticky this thread by this point.

If there is one thing i want him to win before he retires, it is the Dally M, it would just cap off a complete career.

Playing his best footy in years... oh such a decline...

Come on Darren, time to move aside. You have enough MotM's.

The pass for Folau's try is pretty much the most incredible thing I have seen on a field the way he feigns and then throws the ball in reverse and manages to throw the cut out onto Folau's chest is just masterful.

The Brizz said:
The pass for Folau's try is pretty much the most incredible thing I have seen on a field the way he feigns and then throws the ball in reverse and manages to throw the cut out onto Folau's chest is just masterful.

Are you happy with his defence nowadays? :P

PETERN said:
If there is one thing i want him to win before he retires, it is the Dally M, it would just cap off a complete career.

Yeah, it's a shame he's never won one, but I think it's unlikely to happen now

OXY-351 said:
PETERN said:

Unfortunately Dally M awards are favoured for dominant players in teams. Lockyer, while definitely the dominant player at the Broncos for the best part of a decade, you wouldn't say is on his own out there, so other star players attract points.

Oh well.

ningnangnong said:
The Brizz said:

Are you happy with his defence nowadays? :P

It certainly goes up a gear in Maroon and Sammy is certainly taken on that marshaling job beautifully now, good on him he isn't perfect but he has certainly stopped a few of the leaks he did have.

Coxy said:
OXY-351 said:
PETERN said:

Unfortunately Dally M awards are favoured for dominant players in teams. Lockyer, while definitely the dominant player at the Broncos for the best part of a decade, you wouldn't say is on his own out there, so other star players attract points.

Oh well.

Yep, exactly. That's why I don't really put too much value on the Dally M award, nor the fact Lockyer has never won one. Have a look at some of the players that have won it over the past decade. You'd hardly call them superstars of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Tim K
  • BroncoFan94
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.