The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunt's kick was perfect haha

He wanted to kick it to the winger to keep RTS out of the game. .

We were lucky it was a wobbly one. . But the mental battle was won. SKD was like: "oh no you don't, I'm gonna put him in the game right away .. Oh what a shit wobbly kick *extra second gained from awkward wobbly bounces* (Oh no I'm too close to the sideline now, need to take an extra step).. ****.. .. Roger HELP!"

Come on, SKD isn't capable of semi-coherent thought like that.

Not he's fault, just picked up some bad habits from the passing in the Rugby league live games.

Could someone please copy and paste that article here please. I can't read it

WAYNE Bennett wants to extend his career as Broncos coach to crack the quarter-century mark as Brisbane’s leader.

Bennett said he would not know what to do with himself if he was not coaching an NRL club.

He was formally unveiled as England coach at a packed press conference in Manchester on Thursday but insisted his appointment was not the beginning of a transition away from the Broncos.

Bennett is contracted as Broncos head coach until the end of next season and his England contract ends at the same time.

The 2018 season would be his 25th as coach of the Broncos, three decades after he coached the team in their inaugural 1988 season.

It appears the only reason Bennett would leave Red Hill was if he was not wanted.

“I want to coach in the NRL for as long as I can,” Bennett said. “I’m not going to sit around for nine or 10 months and do nothing but twiddle my thumbs.

“We will have to see where that goes with the Broncos. I’m not going to give it up NRL coaching to be a national coach.

“If one has to give then the national role will be the one.’’

It appeared Bennett had been positioning Stephen Kearney to take over at the end of next season but the seven-time premiership winner was emphatic when The Courier-Mail asked him about his coaching timeline.

The Manchester press conference was televised live on Sky Sports and Bennett did more than an hour of interviews, shocking local media who had heard he hated dealing with journalists.

Bennett will take two Broncos staff members into the England camp.

Strength and conditioning trainer Jeremy Hickmans and video analyst Scott Barker have joined England’s backroom staff.

Bennett will also use one of Brisbane’s bye weeks to fly to England this season and prepare for the Four Nations.

Bennett also ruled out ever again coaching Australia because of their set against NRL coaches.

Bennett applied for the Kangaroos job but the ARL Commission wanted a fulltime coach and hired Mal Meninga.

“It’s pretty much impossible for me to go back and coach Australia,” Bennett said.

“They’re hardly going to change their policy in the next couple of years. There’s only three guys who could be appointed and while it continues to be like that, no NRL coach will ever coach Australia again.

“They won’t be better with a fulltime coach. It’s not a fulltime job, is it?

“If I thought it was a fulltime job to coach England I wouldn’t have taken the job. It doesn’t work like that.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...7/news-story/f27984f5dd22844bf13e96cad46e7b48

To be honest, that was more a lack of any brain cells in SKD's head.

I just read this and given the title of this thread and your response it fits.

That kick and response was on purpose; Bennett told them all week SKD will throw it in field under pressure. Bennett loves cause and effect. Three players ran to the gap incase the pass came back infield- watch the video of the try.

It says on the Broncos page the game will televised at 5:40 am Queensland time, so I am getting up for then just in case.

It appeared Bennett had been positioning Stephen Kearney to take over at the end of next season but the seven-time premiership winner was emphatic when The Courier-Mail asked him about his coaching timeline.

The Manchester press conference was televised live on Sky Sports and Bennett did more than an hour of interviews, shocking local media who had heard he hated dealing with journalists.

Bennett will take two Broncos staff members into the England camp.

Anyone know where there is a copy of that interview posted? Should be interesting as Bennett usually doesn't give lengthy interviews.

Despite the run-time, it isn't anything you haven't heard before. Bennett repeats everything he said about the Broncos return, but uses it with the English team in mind.

The main take-away was that the British press seem absolutely perplexed about him.

The highlight was the anecdotes from the two coaches. Both called up Wayne for advice, rattled on for about 10 minutes only to be greeted with utter silence. Then Bennett would go through everything, step by step for an hour.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...h/news-story/f04d358215db40e0516e5dfa26886f56

THE Brisbane Broncos have started talks to hand Wayne Bennett a two-year contract extension.

The seven-time premiership coach would turn 69 before the start of the 2019 season, which would be his 26th year as Broncos coach and 35th as a top-tier coach in Australia.

Broncos chairman Dennis Watt said that Bennett was getting “better and better’’ as a coach, and that his return to Red Hill had again made the 2015 runners-up a destination club.

As reported in The Courier-Mail on February 16, Bennett wants to extend his career as Broncos coach beyond his current contract, which ends in October next year.

“The board is keen to extend (the contract of) Wayne until the end of the 2019 season,’’ Watt said.

“His impact upon the entire club since his return has been remarkable, with last year’s on-field success translating into a record year for (finances) of the club.

“Membership for 2016 is on track to soar above 30,000 for the first time.

“The Broncos are again a club where players want to be coached by the best coach in the business, so that they have the best chance to play finals and representative football.

“He is without doubt one of the best leaders and coaches in international sport.’’

Bennett told players, club employees and sponsors at their season launch on Friday that he “loves being the coach” of the Broncos and sees the revival of the team as a reflection of the standards the original owners wanted in the late 1980s.

When Bennett signed with Brisbane for 2015-17, there was talk about a succession plan for one of his assistants, Kevin Walters or Stephen Kearney, for 2018.

But the coaching warhorse has set his own agenda with the distinct help of a winning side.

“Wayne has quickly reminded the club and everyone in it that there is a high and unrelenting price to be paid for the enduring success,’’ Watt said.

“Opportunities are to be earned and paid for by hard work and sacrifice.

“The Broncos have an excellent and balanced roster and Wayne is the man to keep developing these young men so they reach their potential.

“In our view he simply gets better and better.’’

He has the keys to the kingdom for however long he wants

^^ Pretty much. Let him coach until his lungs stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.