The Wayne Bennett Super thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone is always injured so most weeks Oates would be in the 17. Just though when Macca goes off for his 15 min break without a ball player or someone quick out of dummy half the Bronx have looked horrible. Stagg went to dummy half one game and it was a train wreck.

Fair point.

I think you've got to be careful about which halves you use off the bench to play dummy half. Not all of them can play like Cronk, most of them are fairly frail and I definitely think that's the case with both Ash, Kodi & Jayden.

Will be interesting to see what Wayne will do there. Hopefully Macca becomes an 80 minute hooker but there will be the odd game where we may need to play two dummy halves and all we really have is Cullen & Berrell.

I wonder if we'll call up another ISC player or if we'll just go with a Glenn, Stagg or Lee type player off the bench?

Last edited:
I watched the under 20s on Friday night and doesnt Ash Taylor have some silky smooth moves. Very Classy!

I was thinking maybe Bennett would get Baptise back from Canberra. I think he tried to sign him at Newcastle at one stage? Not sure if the Raiders have signed him for next year or not.

I was thinking maybe Bennett would get Baptise back from Canberra. I think he tried to sign him at Newcastle at one stage? Not sure if the Raiders have signed him for next year or not.

He signed for another 2 years

Why would you want to get Baptiste back?

I'd love to watch this team roll out every week next year.

1.Milford
2.Hoffman
3.Copley
4.Hodges
5.Vidot
6.Barba
7.Hunt
8.Mcguire
9.Macca
10.Hannant
11.Gillett
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14.Ash Taylor/Nikorima
15.Glenn
16.Kennedy
17.Garbutt
18.Oates
19.Hala

Hoffman to rove like Merritt used to do for the Rabbits. Pretty dangerous team Imo. Under Bennett I think Dave Hala can do the same job as kennedy so I wouldn't mind if he was let go... Hala being on nowhere near that sort of money.

Both wingers can roam all the like, neither Copley or Hodges seem to pass the ball. Hodges when in the centres, at least.

I like it....but it's a shame you've left out Oates from the starting 17.

With all the fullbacks and halves we already have in the backline, do we really need another one taking up space on the bench?

Also wingers, centres and back rowers.

Copley or Reed? Potentially the best centre in the game or Reed - good, solid but hardly a strike weapon. Then there's Hodges. Brilliant in many ways, but for half a season only, because he is injury prone and getting older which doesn't help.

Let's face it, Bennett will need to make some sort of decisions and I hope one of them is not to do to Taylor and Nikorima what was done to Hunt, nor sacrifice Barba for Boyd

Last edited:
Yeah, fair enough.

Still, bit tough to claim any bragging rights when there isn't any evidence to back it up but really, who cares?

Evidence acquired.

rUIBcmU.jpg

@Anonymous person :lol:

According to the courier mail the club has told Kennedy he is staying and he wants to finish his career here.

According to the courier mail the club has told Kennedy he is staying and he wants to finish his career here.

Have you got a link?

Really it would be up to Kennedy anyway. If he wanted to stay, there is not a lot the club could do.

Even if he played ISC every week, they'd still have to pay his contract and count it on the cap.

I am happy to hear that that he wants to stay.

Error Page

The Courier-Mail can reveal Kennedy is secure for next season, with the 122kg bookend understood to be a key plank in Bennett’s plan to reprise Brisbane’s glory years.

Kennedy’s management is scheduled for talks with Bennett and the 25-year-old plans to use the remaining weeks to prove he can be the dominant prop the Broncos crave.

“I haven’t spoken to Wayne personally but the indication I have is that I’m staying and I’m fully committed to the team,” said Kennedy, who won a recall against the Bulldogs last Friday night.

“I want to be here for the next three years, I moved here in pre-season with the idea of finishing my career with the Broncos.

“I always wanted to stay here and I’m happy to take any game time with both hands.”

He said all the right things in that article.

Needs to let his actions back it up.

Still haven't been impressed with him once this season.

Does he really want to stay, or is it just a case of no other club wanting him.

Does he really want to stay, or is it just a case of no other club wanting him.

To be fair I think another club would pick him up. There is so much untapped potential there that there is no way he would be without a home if he wanted out. There will always be a coach that thinks they can get the best our of him

Wayne will get the best out of Marty. Really keen to see how he goes next year.

He said all the right things in that article.

Needs to let his actions back it up.

Still haven't been impressed with him once this season.

Amen. While it's good to hear that he's got the right attitude, he's been pretty mediocre this year, comparative to his pay packet.

He did have some decent runs against the Dogs in limited time though. Hopefully he can finish the year strong.

I am looking forward to next year. We will have awesome front row rotations (providing they all fire):
Kennedy - monster
Garbutt - monster
Hannant - machine
McGuire - machine

Parker back to lock!

(Frothing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • mrslong
  • Browny
  • barker
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lakers133334
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • blacknwhite
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Justwin
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.