Third Party Agreements

P

papabear

NYC Player
Nov 1, 2013
Funny i got banned for making the same point Jaypee is making about milford.

The funny thing is people thinking the thoroughbreds and corporate opportunities are the same for all different clubs.

Newcastle really... North QLD niether of em would have a chance to get the same backing and TPP money into there squad regardless of success.

The way the rules are with TPPs were you can effectively have wealthy supporters of the club instead of sponsoring the club sponsor the player to artificially increase certain clubs salary cap does not make it fair for clubs without that same opportunity, and I support the first club that beat the shit out of the celery cap.

You have to be realistic about things... say we move to an 8.5 m or thereabouts cap in 2017... it will only see things get worse as the salary differentials get stretched further.

Oh and for those in fantasy land thinking bird left the current premiers to join uncle wayne, see
http://www.nrl.com/bird-joins-broncos-on-big-deal/tabid/10874/newsid/105648/default.aspx
but of course unless its from the courier mail I appreciate it isnt correct to a lot of people.

He left for more money.

Lets go to hypotheticals and think about what clubs can throw at players with the celery cap and TPPs they can arrange.

Broncos 8.5 +6.5 - 15m they used to be able to double the celery cap but it might be harder with the celery cap moving up by two mil.
Dogs 8.5 + 4.5 - 13m
chooks 8.5 + 4 - 12.5m
Then there would be a big drop off with maybe the raiders and panthers doing well with gould and ricky bringing a lot in.. mybe the eels as well, but they seem to retarded to organise TPPs properly without cheating.

Also i wouldnt be surprised if the warriors werent doing well with tpps.

Then down the bottom somewhere you would have clubs like the tigers and newcastle.

probably going to be working off 10m at best.

Congrats on the broncos picking up bird though, one can only hope the powers to be start changing the farce that it is TPPs.

1 x fast rule - if you give a TPP to x player at y club, you can keep sponsoring that y player but no other players from y club, nor can any of your related parties /entities. Also free up tax returns with the NRL.

Simples.

Or make a cap like the nba no funny bugger tpps but you can go over it you just have to be transparent and pay the tax / repeater tax.

That way the broncos can spend 30m on players if they like, but if they stink it up like brooklyn nets, they can cop it from other fan bases.

Good to see fans like jaypee though, who are passionate about their club and footy, but arent complete homers living in a fantasy land so uber defensive that they cant see what is right in front of them.

Funny i got banned for making the same point Jaypee is making about milford.

The funny thing is people thinking the thoroughbreds and corporate opportunities are the same for all different clubs.

Newcastle really... North QLD niether of em would have a chance to get the same backing and TPP money into there squad regardless of success.

The way the rules are with TPPs were you can effectively have wealthy supporters of the club instead of sponsoring the club sponsor the player to artificially increase certain clubs salary cap does not make it fair for clubs without that same opportunity, and I support the first club that beat the shit out of the celery cap.

You have to be realistic about things... say we move to an 8.5 m or thereabouts cap in 2017... it will only see things get worse as the salary differentials get stretched further.

Oh and for those in fantasy land thinking bird left the current premiers to join uncle wayne, see
http://www.nrl.com/bird-joins-broncos-on-big-deal/tabid/10874/newsid/105648/default.aspx
but of course unless its from the courier mail I appreciate it isnt correct to a lot of people.

He left for more money.

Lets go to hypotheticals and think about what clubs can throw at players with the celery cap and TPPs they can arrange.

Broncos 8.5 +6.5 - 15m they used to be able to double the celery cap but it might be harder with the celery cap moving up by two mil.
Dogs 8.5 + 4.5 - 13m
chooks 8.5 + 4 - 12.5m
Then there would be a big drop off with maybe the raiders and panthers doing well with gould and ricky bringing a lot in.. mybe the eels as well, but they seem to retarded to organise TPPs properly without cheating.

Also i wouldnt be surprised if the warriors werent doing well with tpps.

Then down the bottom somewhere you would have clubs like the tigers and newcastle.

probably going to be working off 10m at best.

Congrats on the broncos picking up bird though, one can only hope the powers to be start changing the farce that it is TPPs.

1 x fast rule - if you give a TPP to x player at y club, you can keep sponsoring that y player but no other players from y club, nor can any of your related parties /entities. Also free up tax returns with the NRL.

Simples.

Or make a cap like the nba no funny bugger tpps but you can go over it you just have to be transparent and pay the tax / repeater tax.

That way the broncos can spend 30m on players if they like, but if they stink it up like brooklyn nets, they can cop it from other fan bases.

Good to see fans like jaypee though, who are passionate about their club and footy, but arent complete homers living in a fantasy land so uber defensive that they cant see what is right in front of them.

Do I detect a pinch of salt?

You know what else helps? Having players who live in the city already, who already have a house and family established who don't need that extra few thousand to pay for a nice house and relocation fees. Maybe if Canberra had their junior base closer to home over the years or if clubs put more effort into finding juniors from their own area and weren't an absolute **** up as far as the business side of a footy team goes, players would want to stay there.

Your team has barely any Canberra based juniors in the 17, you have bought a whole new team over the last few years and you have the nerve to call anyone out about buying players? **** off back to your echo chamber at the Greenhouse.

Do I detect a pinch of salt?
No salt.

I congratulate u blokes on getting him.

I like the broncos far more then the sharks after ennis performance last yr.

Just trying to give kaypee support.

Oh no, I read it.

What I got from it is that the Sharks are mighty pissed off about it.

Very, very pissed off. How's the weather in Canberra? hehe
I live in sydney and it is finally turning around after a woeful march...

You know what else helps? Having players who live in the city already, who already have a house and family established who don't need that extra few thousand to pay for a nice house and relocation fees. Maybe if Canberra had their junior base closer to home over the years or if clubs put more effort into finding juniors from their own area and weren't an absolute **** up as far as the business side of a footy team goes, players would want to stay there.

Your team has barely any Canberra based juniors in the 17, you have bought a whole new team over the last few years and you have the nerve to call anyone out about buying players? **** off back to your echo chamber at the Greenhouse.
Lol echo chamber at the gh. If u say so.

I am calling things what they are. Good on brisbane for getting bird hes a great player.

But ppl dont play for canberra to play for rick. They dont play for the broncs for wayne. They play for cash.

Your club has more cash and tpps then everyone else. Whilst the rules are garbage they have every right to use it to build the best team as they can and try and win the premiership.

Same as everyone else...

But dont peddle the he came here for less money coz we are the broncos because its homerism cultish and sad.

Just like milf, he didnt leave a 900k deal on the table for 400 .. he left for 400 plus tpp whatever that was. Though i will get some great pleasure if milfs career goes down the same drain as todd carneys and this signing makes that more likely. Although really he is that talented that without the outside sources that todd had i cant see milf falling that far.

Ps i think canberras 17 on far less money is superior then u guys.. for the first time in 15 yrs.. so no salt..

Last edited by a moderator:
What needs to be fixed? If your manager or you source the deal it's off the cap. Every player has that potential earning.

I'd be asking how when Bird's deal wasn't even inked 10 days ago you know the financial value of deals sourced by his manager? I would think with Bird's lack of profile in Brisbane and the fact it's only been a week his manager wouldn't have anything yet. He may bring some clothes or boot deals with him but as for specific Brisbane third party deals I doubt it.

i tend to disagree here on the third party stuff. it would take all of 5 minutes for wayne or one of the corporate big swingers to make some calls or line a few things up. his lack of profile may limit tv ad's etc in the short term but that wouldnt stop a corporate or business stumping up some contract loot to sweeten the deal even though he may never even set foot in that business doors at all. half his luck i say.
as for lack of profile, he would be trending like mad on all media platforms at the moment so without pulling on a jumper yet i would suggest he is already top 5 bronco recognised and the broncos marketing team would be doing cartwheels and as would birds manager! he will probably be on a first class flight to the amalfi coast with all the publicity.

Lol echo chamber at the gh. If u say so.

I am calling things what they are. Good on brisbane for getting bird hes a great player.

But ppl dont play for canberra to play for rick. They dont play for the broncs for wayne. They play for cash.

Your club has more cash and tpps then everyone else. Whilst the rules are garbage they have every right to use it to build the best team as they can and try and win the premiership.

Same as everyone else...

But dont peddle the he came here for less money coz we are the broncos because its homerism cultish and sad.

Just like milf, he didnt leave a 900k deal on the table for 400 .. he left for 400 plus tpp whatever that was. Though i will get some great pleasure if milfs career goes down the same drain as todd carneys and this signing makes that more likely. Although really he is that talented that without the outside sources that todd had i cant see milf falling that far.

Ps i think canberras 17 on far less money is superior then u guys.. for the first time in 15 yrs.. so no salt..
It's an echo chamber when it comes to your opinions on the Broncos, that is a fact. Another fact is that it bans people who are not Raiders fans just for saying that they're not Raiders fans.

The club can't guarantee TPA's. Both Bird and Milford came here for the money they were offered and would have to organize their own third party agreements. That's how they work. But if you want to talk conspiracies I can lead you towards the Donald Trump thread. Nobody is denying that players have a better chance of getting TPAs here, but they are organized themselves.

I guess it's just more fun to blame the other clubs for having advantages instead of admitting that your team is just kinda shit. But you'll always have offseasons to talk about your premiership chances, right?

PS. Our 17 beat your superior 17 like 3 weeks ago

Some clubs announce the players sponsors over the speaker before the game. Every player has a fucking TPA. Get over it.

It would definitely make for an interesting comparison. Mostly come down to personal preference but the side will be something like:

1. Boyd (Broncos win hands down)
2. Oates (Broncos win hands down)
3. Croker (Raiders win purely due to needing a goal kicker)
4. Leilua (Raiders win hands down)
5. Rapana (Raiders win comfortably)
6. Milford (Broncos win)
7. Hunt (Broncos win)
8. Blair (Broncos win)
9. Hodgson (Raiders win)
10. Boyd (Raiders win)
11. Papalii (Raiders win)
12. Gillett (Broncos win)
13. McGuire (Broncos win)

14. Ese'ese (Broncos win)
15. Pangai Jr (Broncos win)
16. Tapine (Raiders win)
17. Paulo (Raiders win)

9-8 Broncos but most of that is very subjective. Comes down to the guys in second place and with admitted bias, I think we're stronger, just.

Hodgson has been ineffective this year compared to last year

Hodgson has been ineffective this year compared to last year

I'd also pick Roberts over Croker but I had to give him something and thought I'd throw in Croker and Hodgson as steak knives even though I also disagree based on this season.

Hodgson is overrated. Actually the Raiders are overrated. They fluked a few wins at the right time of the season last year after an easy draw (They get all of the advantages wah wahhhh) and this year they won't beat a team who can actually tackle. They are flat track bullies.

Active Now

• kman
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • upthebroncs
  • YeahNahMate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • johnny plath
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • BruiserMk1
  • mitch222
  • Rookie Alan
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.