This player or that player?

Today it is Cricket Australia but that will pass and it will go back to the NRL soon.
This is a bit off kilter too but - which is the best ground - Moreton Daily Stadium or Sunshine Coast Stadium?
Getting a bit fluid with the definition of player itt.

Moreton Daily though. I love the quirkiness of seeing the wall of the leagues club.

Better player:
Todd Carney or Josh Dugan?

Getting a bit fluid with the definition of player itt.

Moreton Daily though. I love the quirkiness of seeing the wall of the leagues club.

Better player:
Todd Carney or Josh Dugan?

both could have been anything- Dugan accomplished more overall and around 2011 was one of the top fullbacks. Carney was very skilled but could have accomplished a lot more.

I’d go Dugan overall. If he wasn’t such a wanker he could have been a long term Bronco.

RTS or Tedesco?

I probably didn't see enough of Halligan to have a proper opinion of him, so I'm going to go with El Masri.

I think he changed the way the game views goalkickers - there's a lot more value placed on kickers now. In the later 90s, early 00s, it was very much 'ah yeah, extra two points would be sweet, but no dramas if ya miss it mate'. Nowadays, having a consistent, reliable goalkicker can be the difference between a win or a loss. I mean, that hasn't changed from the old days, but there's more emphasis on it now, and I think El Masri's ability to pot them from basically anyway has played a big part.
If that's your rationale, I think Halligan had more of an effect on the way the game viewed goal kickers. Kickers were still using sand mounds and some still toe poking until Halligan came in and started using kicking tees and round the corner style kicking (not that he was the first for that style, but he was probably the most accurate up until that point).

I'd suggest that Halligan wouldn't have had such a long first grade career if he wasn't such a good kicker. That's how much emphasis had been placed on the importance of turning a try in to 6 points, or being able to kick penalties from anywhere, after he came in and showed everyone what was possible.

FTR though, I think El Masri was the better winger, and probably a slightly better goal kicker in the end too.

Amazing to think the Bulldogs had Halligan followed by El Masri too (with some overlap in between). That was 15 years of having an ~80% strike rate kicker in your team. Something the broncos could only ever dream of, at a time when the likes of Julian O'Neill, Darren Lockyer, Corey Parker and Mick DeVere kicking (ok, DeVere was reasonable).

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Stix
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Porthoz
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Behold
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrRobot
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.