Three things about Darius...

Jeza23 said:
I think hes played well in the 2 games so far, my only gripe however is I dont think he is running as hard as he can at the defence. He is a bit like Reece in that regard, he seems like hes worried about getting hurt instead of trying to help the team out of trouble. Other than that I cant really fault his performances to date.

4 tries and 250 odd metres in 2 games, not bad for a winger!

Bear in mind he is not a big bloke though. I am sure the instructions for him would be just to run it up while the forwards get back, if you make extra metres you'll get a pat on the back but just soak it up while the big boys get ready for their hit ups.

Boyd is a pretty big player though. 93Kg or so. Bigger than Hunt at least.

trigrhappi said:
Coxy said:
Don't like the crab runs? Well tell Bennett to change his game plan.
Where does that say run sideways then get smashed and pushed back 5 yards? Just run straight Darius!!

You're not very good at reading are you. Boyd is told to take a dart from dummyhalf after the kick return, and try and head towards centre field. That's what he does.

Ignorant idiots that bag him for it can go jump.

Vogstar90 said:
Darius is 18th in the NRL for Meters gained from 25 runs he has gained 246meters. I think the 'running sideways' is working, don't you? icon_thumbs_u
LOL we're two games into the season and one of those games the Broncs won by nearly 40. Admirable stats but hardly an indication of how the guy's going.

Jeza23 said:
I think hes played well in the 2 games so far, my only gripe however is I dont think he is running as hard as he can at the defence.
Agree on both accounts.

Coxy said:
You're not very good at reading are you. Boyd is told to take a dart from dummyhalf after the kick return, and try and head towards centre field. That's what he does.

Ignorant idiots that bag him for it can go jump.
You're not too good at accepting people have opinions that vary from your own are you?

Single minded fools who expect everyone to conform with their way of seeing things can GFTS _woohoo_

Wow Trigrhappi. You either haven't watched the first two games or you don't know the rules.

I used to bag the bloke a couple of years ago, perhaps a little harshly, but its been pretty obvious that he has been in our top two or three in both of the first games.

As has previously been pointed out by others all of your points of negativity are totally unfounded and misinformed.

robbie mustoe said:
Wow Trigrhappi. You either haven't watched the first two games or you don't know the rules.

I used to bag the bloke a couple of years ago, perhaps a little harshly, but its been pretty obvious that he has been in our top two or three in both of the first games.

As has previously been pointed out by others all of your points of negativity are totally unfounded and misinformed.

I don't agree with Trigrhappi either, but the fact is that these are all just opinions. We might think that Darius is going really well atm and that running sideways offers benefits, but his opinion differs. No one is right or wrong.

Some 5 years ago I used to think that Martin Lang was one of the most worthless players in the NRL because he had no skills, and would simply cart the ball up time and time again, registering one offload per season, if that. Many people shouted me down and said he was the sort of player every team needed, many others agreed.

Each to their own I say - debate is good! icon_thumbs_u

Boyd has been really good this season and if he continues to improve he could turn out to be one of our trump players.

Give the kid a break he is going real good.

Top 5 in metres gained and gotta be one of the leading try scorers.

Beads6 said:
Boyd has been really good this season and if he continues to improve he could turn out to be one of our trump players.
Can't disagree with that. The whole idea of the post was to give an opinion on what he needs to work on.
mick! said:
I don't agree with Trigrhappi either
Your in good company here icon_smile
mick! said:
but the fact is that these are all just opinions.
God help those that hold an opinion different to a select few on this forum. [icon_thumbs_do
mick! said:
Each to their own I say - debate is good! icon_thumbs_u
AMEN icon_thumbs_u icon_thumbs_u

Far out Trig. I think you're a waste of oxygen, that's my opinion, stop crying about it.

I don't rate Boyd that highly, but my OPINION is that it's ridiculous to give him a hard time for running sideways early in a set when that's what he's TOLD to do. Bag Bennett. Everyone else does.

Coxy said:
Far out Trig. I think you're a waste of oxygen, that's my opinion, stop crying about it.
:cry: no fair. **** called me a name :cry:

trigrhappi said:
Coxy said:
:cry: no fair. **** called me a name :cry:

[icon_lol1. Please, if you're going to try and insult me use an original name. Using my surname got old when I was in year 3.

Easy now.. He may really get trigger happy if you start with him! [icon_evillaugh

ZING!

Okay that was lame.

Coxy said:
if you're going to try and insult me use an original name. Using my surname got old when I was in year 3.
I gave it the effort you deserved :roll:

Admin: Please lock or delete this post. Unfortunately it's degenerated into something it was never intended to be [icon_thumbs_do

Boyd is an alright player, he has speed and has been doing the job...why bag the kid

I'm the first to ever bag out Darius, I'm pretty sure all of the Sydney supporters know this.

Although I do bag him out every single game, he is definately improving.

I still hate the way he runs sideways but I guess that's something none of us can control.

As I said, he is improving. As soon as he puts a foot wrong, I'll be the first to pounce and say I told you so! [icon_razz1

if we got rid of Boyd tomorrow im sure 99% of teams would have them in their first grade squad the next week. After 2 games this year i can see a huge difference in the Boyd of last year. Hopefully he will be 1 of the best by the years end and will stop the criticism.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ezpz
  • kman
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.