NEWS Thrown in isolation and forced to urinate in a water bottle: Inside David Fifita’s Bali cell

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Thrown in isolation and forced to urinate in a water bottle: Inside David Fifita’s Bali cell

• November 13, 2019 5:52am
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Last edited by a moderator:
So, are we just plucking figures out of our arse now? 30K, 50K? Rugby League media are pretty special, aren’t they?

It’s becoming pretty apparent this is just a massive shakedown. I doubt Fifita did anything wrong at all.
Perhaps, but I doubt he did nothing at all. Granted you don't need to step out of line far in a place like Bali to wind up in trouble, but it's not exactly common for people doing absolutely nothing wrong to wind up in trouble.

I'm inclined to say he was probably a bit of a smart ass in some context and now it's cost him dearly. Unfortunately you need to be on your absolute best behaviour in another country and it sounds like even if he didn't do anything particularly bad, David may not have been.

Last edited:
The way he carries himself on the field makes it easy to forget he’s only 19. Potential injustice aside as a 19 YO you can’t buy that sort of life experience.

This alongside the pokies incident will ideally show him not to take the privilege he has been given for granted.

I've been to Bali before, the place is set up like a tourist trap in many areas, the laws will always be against you and everyone wants bribes, it's hard to trust anything without video evidence.

It’s becoming pretty apparent this is just a massive shakedown. I doubt Fifita did anything wrong at all.

Depends who you ask. Don't be bogans, don't go to Bali, pretty simple. It's like going to Nigeria and being shocked a westerner gets kidnapped.

Depends who you ask. Don't be bogans, don't go to Bali, pretty simple. It's like going to Nigeria and being shocked a westerner gets kidnapped.

Surprisingly not every Aussie that goes to Bali is a bogan.

His 19 year old brain was probably telling him that it was wiser to go to Bali and get pissed, let his hair down and totally unwind away from the prying eyes of the lowlife Australian journos. Unfortunately it seems other pond life saw a teenager that was just ripe for an even lower form of exploitation.

One positive to come out of the whole affair was that Haas was there and managed to avoid being roped into the scam. It would have looked very bad on his rap sheet if he'd have been locked up too. Regardless of whether they were innocent or not - that sort of shit sticks. So thank heavens for small mercies.

I already did.
Yeah and its fucked.

What happened in Bali? An NRL player got king hit and his mate stood up for him and a bloke did nothing and got locked up for it. Is that the NRL players being bogans?

Yeah and its fucked.

What happened in Bali? An NRL player got king hit and his mate stood up for him and a bloke did nothing and got locked up for it. Is that the NRL players being bogans?

No, they didn't walk away and went back much later and got in trouble, just like if they were here.

DF slapped a guy and got arrested and paid a fine, just like here.

No, they didn't walk away and went back much later and got in trouble, just like if they were here.

DF slapped a guy and got arrested and paid a fine, just like here.

I cant see that happening in the Fifita footage if there's no sanction from the NRL or the Broncos I think they'd probably agree with me and if you think NAS reaction wasn't provoked I think you're mistaken.

That aside, it's not a Bali issue, it's a footy player issue. Just because they're in Bali doesn't all of a sudden turn them into degenerate bogans.

I cant see that happening in the Fifita footage if there's no sanction from the NRL or the Broncos I think they'd probably agree with me and if you think NAS reaction wasn't provoked I think you're mistaken.

That aside, it's not a Bali issue, it's a footy player issue. Just because they're in Bali doesn't all of a sudden turn them into degenerate bogans.

I didn't call them degenerate, don't put words in my mouth to try and suit your argument. They were bogans when they got on the plane, so it's not a Bali issue.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • HarryAllan7
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Bish
  • Griffo
  • MrMoore
  • Galah
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.