Time for a new coach. . .

Mate I have eaten my words also. I think a Sorry Ivan thread is appropriate...

I always thought people were being harsh on Henjak, good to see them eating humble pie now :D

Foordy said:
I always thought people were being harsh on Henjak, good to see them eating humble pie now :D

Harsh is an understatement. Honestly though we were playing so so bad. It is amazing how fast we can turn things around.

I've always liked Henjak and I think he's doing a great job with the team.

Sure we've gone through some ups and downs under his reign but we were they same in the latter years of Bennett. Plus, our playing roster has been very fluid and we haven't the depth of the past (same with every other NRL club).

He did take us to within one game of the grandfinal last season.

Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:

Harsh is an understatement. Honestly though we were playing so so bad. It is amazing how fast we can turn things around.

i don't think it is when you have the injuries that we had at the start of the season and the fact that we were fielding a lot of u20's, i think most coaches would have struggled to get wins on the board.

Foordy said:
Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:

i don't think it is when you have the injuries that we had at the start of the season and the fact that we were fielding a lot of u20's, i think most coaches would have struggled to get wins on the board.

Yeah but that Warrios game killed me.. the Knights game too. Attitude was poor but I guess that has very little to do with Henjak. I just am a harsh critic and think we should perform better with injuries I guess. [icon_shru

Bucking Beads said:
Foordy said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1amoilek]
Foordy said:

Yeah but that Warrios game killed me.. the Knights game too. Attitude was poor but I guess that has very little to do with Henjak. I just am a harsh critic and think we should perform better with injuries I guess. [icon_shru[/quote:1amoilek]

With our normal experienced team yes. Thankfully however the young guys will be better for that shit start.

I think a few people here owe an apology.
First team to win 5 games in a row this year, arguably the form team in the competition and so many players have been playing awesome under Henjak as coach this year.

Also first time since I can remember we aren't play like shit during the origin period.

Yup I definately got this one wrong. Full credit to Ivan for helping turn it around for us. Keep it up champ!

broncospwn said:
First team to win 5 games in a row this year, arguably the form team in the competition and so many players have been playing awesome under Henjak as coach this year.

Also first time since I can remember we aren't play like shit during the origin period.

broncospwn said:
I would like Ivan to go, he's had his chance he was signed for a year and IMO even if the team were coming first right now I can't help but think he's not ready to coach a first grade team full time his puzzling selections, lack of motivations, puzzling recruitment/retendtion leave a lot to be desired for mine perhaps he could be kept on as an assistant coach maybe. John Lang IMO could be a good idea, couldn't hurt giving a one year contract.

You also owe him an apology, mate. [icon_wink

Rubbish. Broncos have traditionally been good DURING the Origin period. It hasn't been until AFTER the Origin series that things turn to crap.

But yes, Henjak has done very well to turn the team around so emphatically, and the Broncos are now well placed not just for the rest of this season but also for 2011 having blooded so much youth who are stepping up big time.

ningnangnong said:
broncospwn said:

broncospwn said:
I would like Ivan to go, he's had his chance he was signed for a year and IMO even if the team were coming first right now I can't help but think he's not ready to coach a first grade team full time his puzzling selections, lack of motivations, puzzling recruitment/retendtion leave a lot to be desired for mine perhaps he could be kept on as an assistant coach maybe. John Lang IMO could be a good idea, couldn't hurt giving a one year contract.

You also owe him an apology, mate. [icon_wink
Scroll up a few posts, I have already a few weeks ago actually but what the heck I'll do it again.
Completely backflipping, Henjak you've done an amazing job with the team now and I think we are as coxy has mentioned very well placed for next year.

I dont know what Henjak has done but it is working, Shame he can't get that from round 1. We still need a new coach he just isn't up to first grade coaching.

draggx said:
I dont know what Henjak has done but it is working, Shame he can't get that from round 1. We still need a new coach he just isn't up to first grade coaching.

Wow, worst effort at a 'bait' ever.

Why do people even 'bait' in Broncos Talk?

I'll wait until we get to the finals before I admit I was wrong. I will say that he does deserve credit for turning it around.

I'm still not convinced about Henjak. It seems to me that the team's success is largely due to a relatively settled combination, Lockyer's significant lift in form and leadership, players starting to enjoy their football, and talent continuing to evolve with more and more match play.

In a sense, the team picks itself and the combinations just happen as a result. I accept Henjak has a key role in all this but his leadership off the field is what I am still to be convinced of.

The real test is soon to come- post Origin, and against desperate teams at or near full strength.

The game against Souths was excellent, but their defence was appalling. Our first real challenge if we are to be true contenders starts against the Panthers.

I think his efforts the past 2 seasons to totally reverse form slumps are extremely impressive. Not too many coaches could manage that. IMO 90% of coaching is getting your players mentally right, Henjack seems to be most proficient in this area.

Henjak is the best coach who ever lived, he got us within in 1 game of a Grand Final in his first season of coaching!!

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Reds2011
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Strop
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • bert_lifts
  • Stix
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.