OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well he isn't the messiah the media are pretending he is. Clubs low expectations or not, he has won the same amount of games as seibold this year with far, far less injuries and a much, much more experienced squad. A clubs history shouldn't give a coach a free pass if he is going to be so hyped up...
I had a quick look to see how the Tits season compared to ours (as they also have three wins) I took it from game three after the covid break so the Broncos two earlier wins didn't make them look too bad.(you know, one win from 9 games)

So since the break the Tits have scored 112 points to the Broncos 92. So Tits have a small victory there.
Since the break the Tits have conceded 257 points, the Broncos 306. Another win for the Tits. The differential Tits -145, Broncos- 214.

Considering they've beaten us and recorded three wins to our one, out-scored us, out-defended us and are playing better football for 80 mins with an INFERIOR roster(most would agree with this) which includes some massive contracts like ours, it'd be pretty damn hard to make the case that of the two basketcase clubs, the Broncos would make the best choice!!

It's possible Fifita went to the Tits because it was for better money AND the Tits are a better club, at this time and going forward. Hell, Holbrook probably has had a good talk with him and just maybe Fifita prefers him over Fat Tony.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I had a quick look to see how the Tits season compared to ours (as they also have three wins) I took it from game three after the covid break so the Broncos two earlier wins didn't make them look too bad.(you know, one win from 9 games)

So since the break the Tits have scored 112 points to the Broncos 92. So Tits have a small victory there.
Since the break the Tits have conceded 257 points, the Broncos 306. Another win for the Tits. The differential Tits -145, Broncos- 214.

Considering they've beaten us and recorded three wins to our one, out-scored us, out-defended us and are playing better football for 80 mins with an INFERIOR roster(most would agree with this) which includes some massive contracts like ours, it'd be pretty damn hard to make the case that of the two basketcase clubs, the Broncos would make the best choice!!

It's possible Fifita went to the Tits because it was for better money AND the Tits are a better club, at this time and going forward. Hell, Holbrook probably has had a good talk with him and just maybe Fifita prefers him over Fat Tony.
If that was the case, why didn't he take their first offer?

Last edited:
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
So the Broncos are having their worst year in history, with the Titans having a normal year.
Both teams sit on the same points, with +/- the only difference between the two.
We have a ridiculous amount of players out due to injury, yet the Titans are apparently killing it..
The difference being we will get out of this, and get back to where we should be.
I‘m sure the Titans will improve, they may just find themselves sitting 12th or even 13th for the next couple or years.

Enjoy the success, Dave.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

You are surely joking. If he chose to use a sample size 9 games he surely is as dumb as he seems. 1. Convienent stats use, negating the 2 games we won... 2. We are in poor form and have FIFTEEN+ of our top 30 out, only 2 players have played all games. 3. Facilities, finances, sponsorship, fans/size and draw of the club do lead to improved opportunities on and off the field regardless of the squad or performances of those surrounding you on it.
If anything, the stats you show HIGHLIGHT what a poor club the titans are rather then what we are. We are experiencing the worst season in our HISTORY, not just a bad one, the WORST IN OUR HISTORY. You really think this will last? The NRL would get obliterated by the AFL, take a look at the tv ratings this year. Sad, but true that there this will and can happen if the NRL needs us, at the moment they don't realise this so the 2 clubs with the richest independent owners are the dominant ones that always seem to get the bounce of the ball. The titans, on the other hand, are from all acco u nts experiencing a revolutionary season under a great coach and yet sit on the same points and BARELY have better attack and defence stats despite you cherry picking the games to suit... all this, and they are obvious media darlings at the moment to make sure they don't collapse when a new team starts in Brisbane. And they are losing their CURRENT BEST PLAYER...

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
This is why I am not a fan of shunning Dave now. He has taken a massive deal but I reckon he will come back once this deal is done. I reckon he doesn't want to go but that deal is just too good to refuse, I do not blame him one second for taking it, I would too and I would have taken it weeks ago. Do not give him a reason not to do that. On his next deal, he won't get offered this again from the Titans, they won't be able to afford to if they want to have anything around him. He won't care so much about money then. If Brisbane is pointed in the right direction, I reckon he will come back. If they are not, he won't and I don't blame him.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tits extend for two more years Fifitas contract around this time next year. My prediction is that the Titans will be firmly in the top 8 by then especially with Tino Alphabet signed alongside Fifita. I know Wallace is hated around here but even he put in a committed effort today and might be a useful benchy.

I say that because I think he'll be playing for his future next year and that usually means a good season. The evidence of structure and pride was there today with the Tits making the Panthers really earn their victory and Holbrook looks a bit like Ricky Stuart, no not in the face but animated and passionate even though he knows he shouldn't expect too much from a roster he didn't build.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If that was the case, why didn't he take their first offer?
Gee, I don't know. I'm not in his head, can't see from 4000ks away in WA, the manager issue not sorted at that time, don't know the guy or his advisors, oh, I just realized something...why don't you ask him? All I said was maybe it was the case, I didn't say it was so.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
So the Broncos are having their worst year in history, with the Titans having a normal year.
Both teams sit on the same points, with +/- the only difference between the two.
We have a ridiculous amount of players out due to injury, yet the Titans are apparently killing it..
The difference being we will get out of this, and get back to where we should be.
I‘m sure the Titans will improve, they may just find themselves sitting 12th or even 13th for the next couple or years.

Enjoy the success, Dave.
Not sure who said the Titans 'are killing it'. Some of us can see that although they have an inferior roster and like the Broncos are loaded with huge earners, they are playing a better brand of football and more importantly, playing for 80 minutes. They're doing this with a less talented team. Why is it hard to understand? Is it possible that their sorry historical performance has influenced your ability to see them as they are, now??

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
It is really disappointing to lose Fifita, who is a tremendous talent and I love watching him play. But I've got this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that there are plenty of decent backrowers out there that can provide 75-80% of the output that Fifita provides but we could get for half the price and spend the rest elsewhere where it's really needed.

I know he is special but there are always big, fast, powerful Islander backrowers coming through. Maybe not at his level, but will give you good bang for your buck. I don't think it's all doom and gloom as long as we are smart and we have learnt our fucking lesson with contracts and roster management.

I get the feeling we'll see some interesting announcements in the off season. I wouldn't be against Ikin coming in. He seems to be a smart operator and says it how it is. I think he'd have the best interests of the football department at heart and genuinely wants to see the Broncos back up the top.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
You are surely joking. If he chose to use a sample size 9 games he surely is as dumb as he seems. 1. Convienent stats use, negating the 2 games we won... 2. We are in poor form and have FIFTEEN+ of our top 30 out, only 2 players have played all games. 3. Facilities, finances, sponsorship, fans/size and draw of the club do lead to improved opportunities on and off the field regardless of the squad or performances of those surrounding you on it.
If anything, the stats you show HIGHLIGHT what a poor club the titans are rather then what we are. We are experiencing the worst season in our HISTORY, not just a bad one, the WORST IN OUR HISTORY. You really think this will last? The NRL would get obliterated by the AFL, take a look at the tv ratings this year. Sad, but true that there this will and can happen if the NRL needs us, at the moment they don't realise this so the 2 clubs with the richest independent owners are the dominant ones that always seem to get the bounce of the ball. The titans, on the other hand, are from all acco u nts experiencing a revolutionary season under a great coach and yet sit on the same points and BARELY have better attack and defence stats despite you cherry picking the games to suit... all this, and they are obvious media darlings at the moment to make sure they don't collapse when a new team starts in Brisbane. And they are losing their CURRENT BEST PLAYER...
No problem, I thought I explained quute clearly why I went from the covid side. I did that to fairly compare the performances in the current post covid outbreak time period but sure, let's add them up.

Surprise, the Broncos have still have the inferior for and against and guess what, the wins for Broncos didn't improve, still three wins. I'm sure the Titans have excuses too like, oh I don't know, maybe an inferior roster, less facilities, fewer supporters, new coach, overpaid underperforming superstars??? Oh, probably a few injuries, hard to believe they're the only club not having injuries to contend with.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Gee, I don't know. I'm not in his head, can't see from 4000ks away in WA, the manager issue not sorted at that time, don't know the guy or his advisors, oh, I just realized something...why don't you ask him? All I said was maybe it was the case, I didn't say it was so.
They upped the offer multiple times, it's pretty evident that he left because of the ridiculous amount.

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
I think people need to calm the F down and think more rationally. Did Fifita go for the money? Most likely hell yes because I like to see if any of you would knock back a multimillion deal (I know I wouldn’t). Is he going to a club that is worse off? Given our current debacle I wouldn’t be surprised if they even up out-pacing us while Seibs is still here.

To all those talking about loyalty, it’s dead and has been dead ever since a) the NRL decided to place a salary cap to ensure a “fair” system and b) when the Broncos became a business on the ASX.

I personally think that there is something seriously wrong at the club either at management level, the coach or the playing group. Why would anybody want to stay at a place where nobody is talking to each other and the lower level “plebs” are having their pleas ignored. Some people here sound like abused partners blindly sticKing with the club knowing that they can “change” the club and it’s only a phase.

I wish Fifita all the luck and if the bloody Broncos have become so toxic, we need to have/ a full clean out.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think people need to calm the F down and think more rationally. Did Fifita go for the money? Most likely hell yes because I like to see if any of you would knock back a multimillion deal (I know I wouldn’t). Is he going to a club that is worse off? Given our current debacle I wouldn’t be surprised if they even up out-pacing us while Seibs is still here.

To all those talking about loyalty, it’s dead and has been dead ever since a) the NRL decided to place a salary cap to ensure a “fair” system and b) when the Broncos became a business on the ASX.

I personally think that there is something seriously wrong at the club either at management level, the coach or the playing group. Why would anybody want to stay at a place where nobody is talking to each other and the lower level “plebs” are having their pleas ignored. Some people here sound like abused partners blindly sticKing with the club knowing that they can “change” the club and it’s only a phase.

I wish Fifita all the luck and if the bloody Broncos have become so toxic, we need to have/ a full clean out.

Lots of weird points in the one but the most bizarre one was the ‘abused partners sticking to the club’. That’s called being a fan champ, you might not like the players, or the admin or the coach but the club always comes first.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Maybe the Broncos told Fifita to leave while all this bs is happening and they will get him back in 3 years time and take the silly money

Last edited:
L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Not sure who said the Titans 'are killing it'. Some of us can see that although they have an inferior roster and like the Broncos are loaded with huge earners, they are playing a better brand of football and more importantly, playing for 80 minutes. They're doing this with a less talented team. Why is it hard to understand? Is it possible that their sorry historical performance has influenced your ability to see them as they are, now??
The thing is, we are my it how it is.. or, are they not...

1. 14th on the table with 2 wins with minimal injuries (which you have highlighted happens to every team, meaning they will have much worse years injury wise a.k.a like ours this year)
2. About to lose their best and most consistent player of the last 3 years

To expect 2 20 year old second rowers to turn that around is fanciful.

My prediciton: they'll come out firing next year, winning about 6-7/10 to start the season... then, people will simply number up on the 2nd rower and he will be blasted in the media for any mistakes he makes (How dare a 20 year old make any?!) and the NRL will lose interest after they realise the titans are averaging about 15,000 at games MAX, and the tv ratings have plummeted again...theyll sit around 6-12th next year qith a bright future predicted by all in the media...but things will go back to normal by 2022 (10-15). while I'm at it, I'll also predict that one of the storm and roosters will be in the gf both years...
No problem, I thought I explained quute clearly why I went from the covid side. I did that to fairly compare the performances in the current post covid outbreak time period but sure, let's add them up.

Surprise, the Broncos have still have the inferior for and against and guess what, the wins for Broncos didn't improve, still three wins. I'm sure the Titans have excuses too like, oh I don't know, maybe an inferior roster, less facilities, fewer supporters, new coach, overpaid underperforming superstars??? Oh, probably a few injuries, hard to believe they're the only club not having injuries to contend with.
Did you forget what you were claiming?
It's possible Fifita went to the Tits because it was for better money AND the Tits are a better club, at this time and going forward.
So they're a better club and have brighter prospects despite what YOU have just highlighted based purely on 9 games?
I'm sure arrow won't be a loss either btw, I mean, he has just been their best player for 3 years. A few injuries? If the titans had 15+ players injured would they win 1 game for the entire season, I strongly doubt it.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Yeh good luck to him. I think with the added cash we have it would be well worth chasing young Crichton at the Panthers. He looks to be a real solid winner and will only get better. He's probably on a lower price tag at the minute too so now is the time to strike and offer him a decent wedge of cash to move to the Broncos.

T

The Don

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2020

1. 14th on the table with 2 wins with minimal injuries (which you have highlighted happens to every team, meaning they will have much worse years injury wise a.k.a like ours this year)

My prediciton: they'll come out firing next year, winning about 6-7/10 to start the season... then, people will simply number up on the 2nd rower and he will be blasted in the media for any mistakes he makes (How dare a 20 year old make any?!) and the NRL will lose interest after they realise the titans are averaging about 15,000 at games MAX, and the tv ratings have plummeted again...theyll sit around 6-12th next year qith a bright future predicted by all in the media...but things will go back to normal by 2022 (10-15). while I'm at it, I'll also predict that one of the storm and roosters will be in the gf both years...

So they're a better club and have brighter prospects despite what YOU have just highlighted based purely on 9 games?
I'm sure arrow won't be a loss either btw, I mean, he has just been their best player for 3 years. A few injuries? If the titans had 15+ players injured would they win 1 game for the entire season, I strongly doubt it.

15+ is a little bit of an overstatement on your behalf and the Titans have had around 5 of what would be top 17 players out for most of their games this season. In terms of Arrow leaving his main upside was that he would get upward of 200m a game making him easily their best player. This year he has averaged 120m which is exactly the same as what Tino and Ese'Ese have been managing this year with less minutes. Arrow is a metre eater and given South's offered him something like 800k, I doubt losing him will make a big difference to the Titans in that saving that allows the addition of nearly 2 similar players albeit slightly less quality.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

I said it was possible ,I didn't claim it was a fact.

Active Now

• Browny
  • bazza
  • kat00
  • Huge
  • Alec
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.