OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

But seriously, if the Titans keep these two and somehow get Haas and (as seems likely) Niu, goodness they have a potentially gun side in the making BUT also some experience to build around and ease them in. Let's not forget, even if they don't get Niu, they still have Brimson and he looks a deadset gun if he can get past his injuries.
I doubt they'll be able to afford Haas when he comes up. Question will be whether we can.

Last edited:
Also, am I right in thinking that the Broncos years ago had to choose between keeping Dave or Tino and chose Dave? I think I might have already said this but can't remember but how sadly ironic they both end up back together at the Titans.

But seriously, if the Titans keep these two and somehow get Haas and (as seems likely) Niu, goodness they have a potentially gun side in the making BUT also some experience to build around and ease them in. Let's not forget, even if they don't get Niu, they still have Brimson and he looks a deadset gun if he can get past his injuries.

1. Brimson
2. Spry
3. Sami
4. Niu
6. Fogarty
7. T.Boyd
8. Haas
10. Phototaker
11. Fifita
12. Alphabet (thanks @Huge)
13. Ese'ese

That is a heck of a lot to build around.

I feel due to his inflated contract a lot of people are being sucked into the rhetoric that he's not playing well but Ash Taylor has definitely been improving and is in the top 10 for try assists in close to the worst attacking side in the comp (only one in top 10 not in a top 8 side). I would be surprised if the Titans didn't keep him on a reduced contract after next year and if so would spare a lot of cash for that hooker role which is I believe the only spine role they need filling desperately.

Also, am I right in thinking that the Broncos years ago had to choose between keeping Dave or Tino and chose Dave? I think I might have already said this but can't remember but how sadly ironic they both end up back together at the Titans.

1. Brimson
2. Spry
3. Sami
4. Niu
6. Fogarty
7. T.Boyd
8. Haas
10. Phototaker
11. Fifita
12. Alphabet (thanks @Huge)
13. Ese'ese

That is a heck of a lot to build around.

Mal pointed out the combo Boyd and Fifi have had going back to their Keebra Park days. I'm pretty keen to see Tannah get a crack at that 7 jumper to see this combo in the NRL.

Last edited:
I think the cap position will be quite good for Titans in 2022 - plenty of money coming off the books.

Broncos will pay overs for him due to this Fifita mess and it will be a monumental mistake.

They will need to pay him over a mil. So they’ll have fifi and haas on virtually 2.5 mil between them, throw in tino and the rest of the side will be average.

Haas still has mates at the club (tpj and lodge most notably) and has indicated that he loves the place. Dno why we are even entertaining this hypothetical, Fifita could be signed to the broncos again by the time Haas is considering other options in two or so years time.

Edit: there is no circumstance where I release Haas. If he asks for one and throws a fit I would just play him in reserve grade. His salary won’t hurt us.

Last edited:
Our cap will be much better in 3 years, I say get our shit together and bring tino and dave back!

Gordie Tallis Reveals The Role He Played In Getting David Fifita To The Titans From The Broncos

Last edited:
I feel due to his inflated contract a lot of people are being sucked into the rhetoric that he's not playing well but Ash Taylor has definitely been improving and is in the top 10 for try assists in close to the worst attacking side in the comp (only one in top 10 not in a top 8 side). I would be surprised if the Titans didn't keep him on a reduced contract after next year and if so would spare a lot of cash for that hooker role which is I believe the only spine role they need filling desperately.

Oh I agree, Taylor is going well for a $500k half but he isn't on that. He's definitely going 10 times better than the Broncos' million dollar half though, I'll tell you that.

Was just about to post this.

For anyone who can't be bothered reading / listening.. Tallis said he called David / Gwen on Thursday and convinced them to join the Titans. He even told Gwen that he'd join the Titans coaching staff if that's what would seal the deal.

If we needed any more reason to hate Tallis...

They will need to pay him over a mil. So they’ll have fifi and haas on virtually 2.5 mil between them, throw in tino and the rest of the side will be average.

Haas still has mates at the club (tpj and lodge most notably) and has indicated that he loves the place. Dno why we are even entertaining this hypothetical, Fifita could be signed to the broncos again by the time Haas is considering other options in two or so years time.

Edit: there is no circumstance where I release Haas. If he asks for one and throws a fit I would just play him in reserve grade. His salary won’t hurt us.

They will not sign Haas.

The only team dumb enough to sign Haas on overs is the broncos which they will do on the back of this fiasco.

Haas is a prop.

Our cap will be much better in 3 years, I say get our shit together and bring tino and dave back!

This is why I am not a fan of shunning Dave now. He has taken a massive deal but I reckon he will come back once this deal is done. I reckon he doesn't want to go but that deal is just too good to refuse, I do not blame him one second for taking it, I would too and I would have taken it weeks ago. Do not give him a reason not to do that. On his next deal, he won't get offered this again from the Titans, they won't be able to afford to if they want to have anything around him. He won't care so much about money then. If Brisbane is pointed in the right direction, I reckon he will come back. If they are not, he won't and I don't blame him.

For anyone who can't be bothered reading / listening.. Tallis said he called David / Gwen on Thursday and convinced them to join the Titans. He even told Gwen that he'd join the Titans coaching staff if that's what would seal the deal.
This is the problem we have right now. We lost our "come to daddy" factor when we sacked Wayne. We can't attract players who'll accept unders just to sit on daddy's knee. It's very possible Pies is a negative.

The Titans, on the other hand, have Mal and Gordie.

Last edited:

If we needed any more reason to hate Tallis...
He pulled the same stunt with Dave Taylor.

Gordie Tallis Reveals The Role He Played In Getting David Fifita To The Titans From The Broncos

So Gordie sold us down the river, promised to do what he refused to do for his own club. Out of spite. Oh well goodbye to both of them. Tallis is not going to teach you anything Fifita, so good luck with that, just ask the Souths teams he was involved in.

So Gordie sold us down the river, promised to do what he refused to do for his own club. Out of spite. Oh well goodbye to both of them. Tallis is not going to teach you anything Fifita, so good luck with that, just ask the Souths teams he was involved in.
Said the same thing to David Taylor when he was at Souths. We all know how that ended.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Porthoz
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.