OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

They went to Parker about Fifita going to GC and he started talking about that it’s obvious he has left because of the money.. you only need to look at what happened with Ben Hunt... it’s a golden hand shake... it has nothing to do with the current position that the broncos are in and it’s all about the money.

it was glorious considering Mal is on the panel... Parker is broncos through and through.

FFS whoever is the next coach must have Hodgo and Parker in the coaching staff
Interesting that Fox decided to completely ignore Parker's rant and run a story on Ennis' baseless take on Fifita's move to GC... actually not that interesting... pretty expected to be honest.

I haven't clicked on the article... because **** them and their clicks... but I'm guessing they completely bypass quoting Parker to focus on their narrative that Fifita wanted out of Brisbane.

By ignoring Parker's quotes they will fade off into the abyss and never be heard again... despite them being the truth!!

Apparently now Fox don't want to get the thoughts of Broncos legends or maybe they just cherry pick the ones that match the narrative.

Last edited:
In that case, Milford just wanted to come home. The Raiders offered him more to stay and they came close to signing him but the Broncos eventually got their man.

I'm not giving up on the club. This is the moment where they need the fans the most and they've got players there they can move forward with. In players like Carrigan and Haas, I believe they can help drive this club forward but they need a proper coach.
That's right pete. There are a lot if comments about being done, not watching and so on . Probably from frustration but as a fan you have to stick in times like this otherwise you're as bad as the people within the club you are slamming .

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but ... maybe there's more to that "knee" issue than meets the eye. They've been procrastinating about a return date for ages but nothing's eventuated. I know I'm stretching my imagination here but is it possible he's already "crocked".

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but ... maybe there's more to that "knee" issue than meets the eye. They've been procrastinating about a return date for ages but nothing's eventuated. I know I'm stretching my imagination here but is it possible he's already "crocked".

All the more to play him for the remaining meaningless games and hope he carries it over to the Titans.

Would you rush back into this side. I've been wondering how hard some of our injured are pushing to get back as early as possible.

Hindsight is bitch but if only we had a few +800k plodders off the books at the end of 2019. Seems a bit unfair by the club to reward the passengers but yet lowball a genuine matchwinner.

Name one 20 yr backrower who has played like Dave for the last 2 years, he is a talented played already in the Origin and test sides. Has been immense even in our reserve grade team, dragging us over the line a few times with his tackle busting runs.
Hope he takes the field soon and provide a bit of spark again for the lads to close out the season.

Well done to the Titans for getting their prized recruit, things are nicely falling for em roster wise. I will support them too, no shame in that - they deserve abit of long overdue success.

Fair enough and thanks for the reply.
I didn't see where he's been hailed as messiah but I'll take your word for it. I've watched his team and thought they were improved and could see structure, timing and rhythm which had been lacking. I don't believe he had the quality roster you seem to see but hey, it's a subjective thing anyway.

In my mind I think he's started well and his team did beat us with what I believe is an inferior roster. Stats aren't well received on here and having a similar record as ours I don't believe tells all the story. Time will tell but I think the Titans are on the way up and with reasonable luck will play finals sooner than a lot expect. Anyway, as I say, time will be the ultimate arbiter.
I agree, they don't have a great roster. Ours is much better, but its not much better this year considering we've been using our 4th string players in multiple positions and boyd and Milford have coasted most games knowing they can't or won't get dropped. I reckon seibold has more excuses then Holbrook, but the media give him leeway because of the poor history and low expectations of the club. Squad changes and signings don't prove you are a good coach. They prove you have a lot of spare change in your salary cap....

Interesting that Fox decided to completely ignore Parker's rant and run a story on Ennis' baseless take on Fifita's move to GC... actually not that interesting... pretty expected to be honest.

I haven't clicked on the article... because **** them and their clicks... but I'm guessing they completely bypass quoting Parker to focus on their narrative that Fifita wanted out of Brisbane.

By ignoring Parker's quotes they will fade off into the abyss and never be heard again... despite them being the truth!!

Apparently now Fox don't want to get the thoughts of Broncos legends or maybe they just cherry pick the ones that match the narrative.
Here's a link to the Corey Parker rant for all those interested... enjoy what is there, but they have cut a little bit at the end, including the dejected look on Mal's face when they go back to him after Parker's spray

Last edited:
Here's a link to the Corey Parker rant for all those interested... enjoy what is there, but they have cut a little bit at the end, including the dejected look on Mal's face when they go back to him after Parker's spray

Does anyone, even the Titans fans, that think he didn't go for the money? There's a reason they had to try like 4 times to get him.

Last edited:
I agree, they don't have a great roster. Ours is much better, but its not much better this year considering we've been using our 4th string players in multiple positions and boyd and Milford have coasted most games knowing they can't or won't get dropped. I reckon seibold has more excuses then Holbrook, but the media give him leeway because of the poor history and low expectations of the club. Squad changes and signings don't prove you are a good coach. They prove you have a lot of spare change in your salary cap....

Let’s not underestimate how big a signing this is for the Gold Coast and how big a blow this is for Brisbane.

The Gold Coast are looking better on field this year given how mediocre their squad is. They now have the two best young backrowers in the game incoming.

They are getting rid of some deadwood who still have some currency and they have one genuine promising young prop already there plus another good-aged incoming prop from Newcastle.

They have a coach who, while early, looks like he knows what he is doing and they have attracted the BEST young talent to their club who were both highly touted and wanted at Brisbane. They now have another young highly touted back’s dad seemingly pushing for him to leave Brisbane too and go there.

They are capitalising on ‘big brother’ self destructing from the inside out. Yes they have had to pay handsomely to get these guys in but they have clearly got a plan and are going all out to be ruthless to get it, this is huge for them as a club.

Having Tino and Dave both going there will attract others as they will see the impressive trajectory of this club.

Meanwhile, the Broncos are in denial about how big a loss this is and how much their brand is suffering as a result of years of bad decisions. This won’t just turn around on its own as many I believe expect it will.

This is huge for the Gold Coast, hugely devastating for Brisbane and this will have massive ramifications for the NRL. The NSWcenteic administration and media are loving the genuine demise of the once great Broncos but this is REALLY bad for the NRL at a time where the AFL are getting huge leg ups in Qld with so many games and two high flying Qld clubs.

This IS doom and gloom unless changes happen from the very top and that doesn’t look like happening any time soon.

Last edited:
Haas to the Titans is probably a real threat now. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was the plan, starting with Tino. It’d explain why they were seemingly just going to keep upping the bid until they got Fifita.

Last edited:
Hindsight is bitch but if only we had a few +800k plodders off the books at the end of 2019. Seems a bit unfair by the club to reward the passengers but yet lowball a genuine matchwinner.

Name one 20 yr backrower who has played like Dave for the last 2 years, he is a talented played already in the Origin and test sides. Has been immense even in our reserve grade team, dragging us over the line a few times with his tackle busting runs.
Hope he takes the field soon and provide a bit of spark again for the lads to close out the season.

Well done to the Titans for getting their prized recruit, things are nicely falling for em roster wise. I will support them too, no shame in that - they deserve abit of long overdue success.
The more I think about the loss of fifita the more happy and accepting I am of it.
It seems every new debutant is the "best ever", "once in a generation", "no talent like him" player in their respective positions. How quickly we forget....

Besides talent and a bit of luck, there is ONE thing that divides the good players with lots of skill from the greats, legends and immortals. Work ethic, dedication, persistance.... whatever you want to call it. Thurston, c Smith, cronk, webcke, langer and literally hundreds and hundreds of other examples, did not have the hype of fifita at the same age. Players who did: Owen craigie, tim Smith, Milford, ash Taylor, Dave Taylor, Chris Sandow, Chris walker. It's no surprise a lot of them are from the Broncos too, the broncos get the clicks...
TPJ has won us more games then fifita has yet he is on half the money, fifita was there in 2 record breaking club losses in a finals game in a row, he's yet to play in a winning origin team, yet to win a finals game, he hasn't won an Australian jersey or family m medal of any sort, he's not even the best player in his position yet, he's yet to play more then 50 games or a full season. He is not worth that amount of money! It's that simple. Taking the money over facilities, opportunities and support capacity, club history, the club you supported and dreamed of playing for as a child, stability, and from all reports reneging on a pact to stay together with the guys you grew up playing with (including your best mate), does not scream out to me "that's the attitude of a future great and possibly immortal of the game". He might do, but I can't remember any immortal in the game signing a massive contract like this at this age. Do you? I don't think he understands the pressure he will be under for the next 3 years with less support then he has currently, ask the 1.3 million dollar bench hooker Ben hunt, or his team mate ash Taylor. He will not have the time or opportunity to develop anymore, to sit back, to make mistakes,teams will hunt him, players will line him up, coaches will watch him, the media will roast him, he hasn't played 50 games and he wasn't a million dollar player before, why will it change with a blowtorch applied 24/7?

Haas to the Titans is probably a real threat now. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was the plan, starting with Tino. It’d explain why they were seemingly just going to keep upping the bid until they got Fifita.

I’m genuinely scared of the Titans now, they are organised and driven. They are managing the young talent the way the Broncs should have done.

The more I think about the loss of fifita the more happy and accepting I am of it.
It seems every new debutant is the "best ever", "once in a generation", "no talent like him" player in their respective positions. How quickly we forget....

Besides talent and a bit of luck, there is ONE thing that divides the good players with lots of skill from the greats, legends and immortals. Work ethic, dedication, persistance.... whatever you want to call it. Thurston, c Smith, cronk, webcke, langer and literally hundreds and hundreds of other examples, did not have the hype of fifita at the same age. Players who did: Owen craigie, tim Smith, Milford, ash Taylor, Dave Taylor, Chris Sandow, Chris walker. It's no surprise a lot of them are from the Broncos too, the broncos get the clicks...
TPJ has won us more games then fifita has yet he is on half the money, fifita was there in 2 record breaking club losses in a finals game in a row, he's yet to play in a winning origin team, yet to win a finals game, he hasn't won an Australian jersey or family m medal of any sort, he's not even the best player in his position yet, he's yet to play more then 50 games or a full season. He is not worth that amount of money! It's that simple. Taking the money over facilities, opportunities and support capacity, club history, the club you supported and dreamed of playing for as a child, stability, and from all reports reneging on a pact to stay together with the guys you grew up playing with (including your best mate), does not scream out to me "that's the attitude of a future great and possibly immortal of the game". He might do, but I can't remember any immortal in the game signing a massive contract like this at this age. Do you? I don't think he understands the pressure he will be under for the next 3 years with less support then he has currently, ask the 1.3 million dollar bench hooker Ben hunt, or his team mate ash Taylor. He will not have the time or opportunity to develop anymore, to sit back, to make mistakes,teams will hunt him, players will line him up, coaches will watch him, the media will roast him, he hasn't played 50 games and he wasn't a million dollar player before, why will it change with a blowtorch applied 24/7?

I feel there is bit of hurt and bias in here and understandable too.

But the facts are SBW was highly touted at the same age. C.Smith had played origin by the same age. JT was highly touted at Canterbury. Inglis, Folau, Cordner and Haas also fit into this category. That is just a few examples.

Fifita by all reports does have a great work ethic, a highly competitive drive and has already won games on his own and played origin. If not for injury, he would have already played for Australia.

Can they now afford Haas?

Let’s not underestimate how big a signing this is for the Gold Coast and how big a blow this is for Brisbane.

The Gold Coast are looking better on field this year given how mediocre their squad is. They now have the two best young backrowers in the game incoming.

They are getting rid of some deadwood who still have some currency and they have one genuine promising young prop already there plus another good-aged incoming prop from Newcastle.

They have a coach who, while early, looks like he knows what he is doing and they have attracted the BEST young talent to their club who were both highly touted and wanted at Brisbane. They now have another young highly touted back’s dad seemingly pushing for him to leave Brisbane too and go there.

They are capitalising on ‘big brother’ self destructing from the inside out. Yes they have had to pay handsomely to get these guys in but they have clearly got a plan and are going all out to be ruthless to get it, this is huge for them as a club.

Having Tino and Dave both going there will attract others as they will see the impressive trajectory of this club.

Meanwhile, the Broncos are in denial about how big a loss this is and how much their brand is suffering as a result of years of bad decisions. This won’t just turn around on its own as many I believe expect it will.

This is huge for the Gold Coast, hugely devastating for Brisbane and this will have massive ramifications for the NRL. The NSWcenteic administration and media are loving the genuine demise of the once great Broncos but this is REALLY bad for the NRL at a time where the AFL are getting huge leg ups in Qld with so many games and two high flying Qld clubs.

This IS doom and gloom unless changes happen from the very top and that doesn’t look like happening any time soon.
Whilst I agree the NRL are biting the hand that feeds them and getting what they deserve (whether they know it or not yet), this is not the "game changer" the media are hyping it up to be. Tino and fifita left for MASSIVE overs. That's it. To say anything else is complete rubbish. Memory is a funny thing, the titans, and many other clubs have been down this route before. When the hype dies down and the memberships and crowds go back to under 10,000 at cbus and people realise they are no more chance of winning a premiership then about 10 other clubs, do you really think players will come to the titans for under playing on a Saturday to ratings of less then play school? If you sign a long term deal with the titans your value will go down by the end of the deal unless you win a dally m, win a premiership or dominate origin and win it. Just like if you went to the warriors or the raiders. He will get exposure for his contract, and his contract alone, if they aren't a top 4 team. It's pressure without the positive exposure...

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Tmac
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.