OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

I don't get the anger towards Fifita. Why would he stay a Bronco?

Money? Can get more with Titans
Coach? Seibold and Holbrook are both terrible
Premierships? Neither Titans or Broncos will be winning a comp any time soon
Rep teams? Fifita will get picked for QLD regardless of who he plays with.

I have just read that Carty wants out of titans sign him up short low wage contract to see how he goes. Titans ruined his career he might be able to pick back up with us.

I don't get the anger towards Fifita. Why would he stay a Bronco?

Money? Can get more with Titans
Coach? Seibold and Holbrook are both terrible
Premierships? Neither Titans or Broncos will be winning a comp any time soon
Rep teams? Fifita will get picked for QLD regardless of who he plays with.
Why is Holbrook terrible?

Why is Holbrook terrible?
Well he isn't the messiah the media are pretending he is. Clubs low expectations or not, he has won the same amount of games as seibold this year with far, far less injuries and a much, much more experienced squad. A clubs history shouldn't give a coach a free pass if he is going to be so hyped up...

Darius Boyd retiring opens up approx $800k a year, Fifita's salary gone opens up what....$500kish..?

So; take half of Boyds salary and give it to Haas; whatever length he wants, PO etc.....whatever he wants, we give him. He is now the only super talent left here

Super talent, geez I dont see that atm.
He has a high work rate and is above average but super talent, nah, not yet.
He doesn't intimidate anyone in attack or defence and has periods where he likes to have a bludge behind the ruck.
Maybe its coaching, maybe its fitness or acc something else but he has regressed this year for sure.

In that case, Milford just wanted to come home. The Raiders offered him more to stay and they came close to signing him but the Broncos eventually got their man.

I'm not giving up on the club. This is the moment where they need the fans the most and they've got players there they can move forward with. In players like Carrigan and Haas, I believe they can help drive this club forward but they need a proper coach.
Who do you reckon should coach? Thoughts on Woolf?

Super talent, geez I dont see that atm.
He has a high work rate and is above average but super talent, nah, not yet.
He doesn't intimidate anyone in attack or defence and has periods where he likes to have a bludge behind the ruck.
Maybe its coaching, maybe its fitness or acc something else but he has regressed this year for sure.

Super talent ... not yet?

Maybe we need reminding exactly of what we have lost.

One thing I noticed was why would they send the twitter to "The Mighty Brisbane Broncos" twitter handle.

If he wants to send a message to Fifita why not go straight to his legitimate twitter handle... or even send it to the GC official twitter handle.

Brutal!
Best of luck to David. For the Broncos and supporters, it's time to move on.
Don't pick David for the rest of the year. There's no point. It's not about punishment, it's about building for the future.
I play him 80 mins a game and wear the MF down to a nub like the rock hammer in Shawshank redemption..
Then send him down the road.
At least we'd have some fun listening to Tallis cry about us wearing him out.

Well he isn't the messiah the media are pretending he is. Clubs low expectations or not, he has won the same amount of games as seibold this year with far, far less injuries and a much, much more experienced squad. A clubs history shouldn't give a coach a free pass if he is going to be so hyped up...
Fair enough and thanks for the reply.
I didn't see where he's been hailed as messiah but I'll take your word for it. I've watched his team and thought they were improved and could see structure, timing and rhythm which had been lacking. I don't believe he had the quality roster you seem to see but hey, it's a subjective thing anyway.

In my mind I think he's started well and his team did beat us with what I believe is an inferior roster. Stats aren't well received on here and having a similar record as ours I don't believe tells all the story. Time will tell but I think the Titans are on the way up and with reasonable luck will play finals sooner than a lot expect. Anyway, as I say, time will be the ultimate arbiter.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • KickHaas
  • porouian
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Tmac
  • Dash
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Hurrijo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.