OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

The difference is the media that report on the titans have a soft spot for them and usually rarely report anything negative.

Just had a look and Titans roster position is quite good - if they keep going in the right direction they should have a quality side in 2022.

All the more to play him for the remaining meaningless games and hope he carries it over to the Titans.
Broncos paid for that knee.
At first i was thinking i never want him to wear the Broncos jersey again and he should **** right off to the Titans today.
Now i think we should give him 80 full minutes every week for the rest of the season.

You just ripped into one of our players who's done nothing wrong, based on someone else's social media comment.

Wasn’t it his dad’s? You can’t tell me that had nothing to do with him.

Whilst I agree the NRL are biting the hand that feeds them and getting what they deserve (whether they know it or not yet), this is not the "game changer" the media are hyping it up to be. Tino and fifita left for MASSIVE overs. That's it. To say anything else is complete rubbish. Memory is a funny thing, the titans, and many other clubs have been down this route before. When the hype dies down and the memberships and crowds go back to under 10,000 at cbus and people realise they are no more chance of winning a premiership then about 10 other clubs, do you really think players will come to the titans for under playing on a Saturday to ratings of less then play school? If you sign a long term deal with the titans your value will go down by the end of the deal unless you win a dally m, win a premiership or dominate origin and win it. Just like if you went to the warriors or the raiders. He will get exposure for his contract, and his contract alone, if they aren't a top 4 team. It's pressure without the positive exposure...

You might be right honestly, but I fear this taking of things for granted is what has led to this. I don't think the Titans are repeating past mistakes but I could be wrong. They aren't targeting lazy, over-hyped blokes. They are going for the BEST up and comers and no frills types who are reliable, have a good work ethic and are quality. Yes, they are paying handsomely to get them but they have picked up two of the BEST young guys as a result.

As has been shown on here, the Broncos thought they were going to re-sign Fifita a YEAR ago, ONE WHOLE YEAR! Why wasn't it done? What went wrong? Which idiot allowed it to drag out this long? And yes, some laugh at missing out on going after Ponga but had the club known Fifita was leaving, they could have made a massive play for the kid.

I feel there is bit of hurt and bias in here and understandable too.

But the facts are SBW was highly touted at the same age. C.Smith had played origin by the same age. JT was highly touted at Canterbury. Inglis, Folau, Cordner and Haas also fit into this category. That is just a few examples.

Fifita by all reports does have a great work ethic, a highly competitive drive and has already won games on his own and played origin. If not for injury, he would have already played for Australia.
He might do, but I can't remember any immortal in the game signing a massive contract like this at this age. Do you?
There's a reason you didn't answer that question. There has not been one.
Speculation of course, but I highly doubt those players would have the same drive and determination in their careers if they had a deal like this at the same age. Not saying it will happen but I have numerous examples of the opposite occurring. There's a reason Phil could blasted them online for being irresponsible, and it ain't because he's a Broncos fan...

There's a reason you didn't answer that question. There has not been one.
Speculation of course, but I highly doubt those players would have the same drive and determination in their careers if they had a deal like this at the same age. Not saying it will happen but I have numerous examples of the opposite occurring. There's a reason Phil could blasted them online for being irresponsible, and it ain't because he's a Broncos fan...

I'm pretty sure both C.Smith and SBW had already received big contracts at the same age and if not, they weren't far from it. I dare say C.Smith had about three contracts he had already signed.

The Titans are making the same mistakes that made the Broncos such a dud club by throwing big money at players to create a super foward pack of islanders. Signing Fafita will actually weaken them long term unless the NRL just decides to ignore the salary cap with them like they do with the Roosters.

Haas to the Titans is probably a real threat now. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was the plan, starting with Tino. It’d explain why they were seemingly just going to keep upping the bid until they got Fifita.

I don’t think they have the millions on hand to afford to pay him overs.

The titans aren’t a threat from a footy perspective. You need at least two top quality spine players to win the comp, they have none at the moment. They’re the new dragons in terms of throwing stupid money around and ruining their roster, but at least the dragons went after spine players.

Edit: and if they unearth one they will lose him almost instantly due to their cap position.

Last edited:
The Titans are making the same mistakes that made the Broncos such a dud club by throwing big money at players to create a super foward pack of islanders. Signing Fafita will actually weaken them long term unless the NRL just decides to ignore the salary cap with them like they do with the Roosters.

Broncos invested in front rowers.
Titans investing in edge attacking players and bringing in undervalued props such as ese'ese.

This is very different as the front rower position is a 40-50 minute a game position with not a major difference between players if the scheme is managed properly. Basically run hard, play the ball fast, move up and wrestle.

Last edited:
I don’t think they have the millions on hand to afford to pay him overs.

The titans aren’t a threat from a footy perspective. You need at least two top quality spine players to win the comp, they have none at the moment. They’re the new dragons in terms of throwing stupid money around and ruining their roster, but at least the dragons went after spine players.

Edit: and if they unearth one they will lose him almost instantly due to their cap position.

I think the cap position will be quite good for Titans in 2022 - plenty of money coming off the books.

Broncos will pay overs for him due to this Fifita mess and it will be a monumental mistake.

Also, am I right in thinking that the Broncos years ago had to choose between keeping Dave or Tino and chose Dave? I think I might have already said this but can't remember but how sadly ironic they both end up back together at the Titans.

But seriously, if the Titans keep these two and somehow get Haas and (as seems likely) Niu, goodness they have a potentially gun side in the making BUT also some experience to build around and ease them in. Let's not forget, even if they don't get Niu, they still have Brimson and he looks a deadset gun if he can get past his injuries.

1. Brimson
2. Spry
3. Sami
4. Niu
6. Fogarty
7. T.Boyd
8. Haas
10. Phototaker
11. Fifita
12. Alphabet (thanks @Huge)
13. Ese'ese

That is a heck of a lot to build around.

Also, am I right in thinking that the Broncos years ago had to choose between keeping Dave or Tino and chose Dave? I think I might have already said this but can't remember but how sadly ironic they both end up back together at the Titans.

But seriously, if the Titans keep these two and somehow get Haas and (as seems likely) Niu, goodness they have a potentially gun side in the making BUT also some experience to build around and ease them in. Let's not forget, even if they don't get Niu, they still have Brimson and he looks a deadset gun if he can get past his injuries.

1. Brimson
2. Spry
3. Sami
4. Niu
6. Fogarty
7. T.Boyd
8. Haas
10. Phototaker
11. Fifita
12. Alphabet (thanks @Huge)
13. Ese'ese

That is a heck of a lot to build around.

It was Tino vs Haas from what I remember.

Listening to Tallis on Triple M was disgusting and seriously cringe worthy.
I cannot recall how many times he said "it wasn't about the money" - BULLSHIT!
From memory Fifita rejected the Titans 2 or 3 times 900k, then 1.1m? But when the Titans went to 1.25m all of a sudden the culture, coach and club are so much better then the Broncos?
700/750k or 1.25m a year, and you reckon it's not about the money? Get yourself checked.
Tallis then said the first time he had spoken with Fifita was on the phone on Thursday. Literally 30 seconds later Tallis said "when I had a meeting with David about 4 months ago, I was so impressed with how intelligent the bloke is".
Get your story right Gordon, and stick with it.

Then the panel of Hooper and Kent then went on about how disastrous it is that the Broncos had lost their Ferrari, then dragged the fact he doesn't want to play under Seibold into it and how the club is a shadow of its former self (legit the only sensible thing they said). Then of course the talk that players use to stay at the Broncos for less, and now they don't blah, blah. Tell me, when was the last time a player rejected a contract (at any club) that was 500k more then his current club was offering?

It's so obvious that it was all about the money, and nothing else.
I say get Fifita out of the club ASAP. Do not play the bloke. And why would we if there is any truth to the fact that he doesn't want to play under Seibold? In fact, why would Fifita want to play at all this year if there is any truth in it?

I really, really hope that he is yet another Ash Taylor signing for the Titans.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Porthoz
  • LittleDavey
  • eggstar10
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.