OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

Wrong ... fifita is the best ... what offer did Haas get?

no he isn't ... he may be more flashy, but that doesn't mean he is our best.

BTW. Haas isn't off contract for another 3 odd years. I they were both off contract this year, Haas would have far bigger offers than Fifita

Last edited:
We won’t just magically climb out of the hole though, things need to be done for that to happen. At this stage it doesn’t seem like we have anyone equipped to do get it done and I’m not convinced we have bottomed out.

Massive, massive job for whoever the incoming CEO is.

Freeing up cap space a year earlier than expected could be what helps us turn it around earlier tho.

Haas is currently an Australian incumbent in a more important position
It isn't more important. A prop is a simple positon. Play 20 mins run straight, tackle, wrestle. Backrowers are an offensive threat. Look at contracts to see value.

Darius Boyd retiring opens up approx $800k a year, Fifita's salary gone opens up what....$500kish..?

So; take half of Boyds salary and give it to Haas; whatever length he wants, PO etc.....whatever he wants, we give him. He is now the only super talent left here

If/when Bird takes up his PO; accept that we will have to carry maybe 50% of it for next season but shop him.....theres another $500k

Easy really to start opening up some flexibility. But once Haas is tied up on his new contract.......get a fucking NRL standard coach and half decent assistants.

Use Fifita's and what you save with Birds....and pay out Siebolds contract......and **** him off next...

THEN......start going to market. But for mine, this is how the club should progress...

Last edited:
Just noticing BHQ’s online presence is basically just Super Freaks thoughts. Seems odd

Well that’s my final **** gone for season 2020...

The absolute irony of the fucking abysmal administration tearing this club apart day by day when they come out and say “At the same time we wanted to ensure we did not go beyond what was responsible for the good of the club and playing list as a whole” yet have no problems with offering Seibold the most undeserving 5 year deal in NRL coaching history and continually trying to back their atrocious recruitment decision making to cover their asses and keep themselves in a job.

I am going to be that guy, and say I hope Fifita does his knee a day before Round 1 next year just in spite of this whole debacle. Don’t care if it makes me a petty prick, this on top of being humiliated every week has just broken the final straw and is the final kick in the guys I’ve been fearing.

It’s all well and good to say at least we didn’t over pay for him, but this potentially will have a domino effect especially when the piss weak administration refuse to make the hard decisions at the top and we have a team who don’t even look well coached. Once the corporate money and aura dries up further and the 2nd Brisbane team comes in, you can kiss goodbye to the Broncos as you know it. I hope I’m wrong but this is going to be one hell of a fucking effort to rise out of this in the near future. If the club wants to keep what little faith most of us have left they need to make a big signing of their own but won’t hold my breath.

Oh and enjoy playing ‘comfortable’ footy at the Gold Coast next year David when you are having to single handedly try and win the Coast at least half a dozen games off your own back to justify your salary

It isn't more important. A prop is a simple positon. Play 20 mins run straight, tackle, wrestle. Backrowers are an offensive threat. Look at contracts to see value.

Props set the platform for the attack to work off. Haas touches the ball 1 to 2 times a set, Fifita would be lucky to touch it 15 times a game. Additionally, if Fifita is the only threat for the titans on the left (he will be) good teams will just target him in attack and defence. He also relies on halves to give him the ball in a good position, before he has the opposition second rower on top of him.

Edit: on my phone and made a couple of errors.

Last edited:
Fifita isn't that leader
I'm not talking about Fifita... I'm talking about the players that will be here in 2021 not having a leader to look to.

Fifita was never a leader in the team, but the group as a whole decided to be one in all in... that's why they were sticking with the Broncos... and now the group may have fractured with one of them walking

They need a leader to reunite them and give them hope there is still something there worth staying for

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Just noticing BHQ’s online presence is basically just Super Freaks thoughts. Seems odd

He will regret this when his value tanks after 3 years at the Titans. Our offer was very very good and would have ensured he kept earning extremely good money for years to come.

We are an absolute shit show right now but I guarantee it will turn around, the Titans will never be a contender.

Hopefully this can be the catalyst to cleaning things up.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.