OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

He will regret this when his value tanks after 3 years at the Titans. Our offer was very very good and would have ensured he kept earning extremely good money for years to come.

We are an absolute shit show right now but I guarantee it will turn around, the Titans will never be a contender.

Hopefully this can be the catalyst to cleaning things up.

the club have made plenty of mistakes with their recruitment and retention over the last few years ... but at least in this case they are learning from their mistakes

Oh and enjoy playing ‘comfortable’ footy at the Gold Coast next year David when you are having to single handedly try and win the Coast at least half a dozen games off your own back to justify your salary

At least he’ll be used to that. What’s the difference with that here?

go back to the early years of the club; we had every position covered just about, but we needed 1 more piece to get us over the hump and win our first premiership...

So we went to the Raiders, and instead of offering the big cash for Clyde..

We got Lazarus....

Props win you premierships......resign Haas now...!

Not unsurprising, but massively deflating. My enthusiasm for the game is pretty much nonexistent right now.

Fair play to Fifita and the Titans. It's a fuckload of money for a young guy so I can't blame him for taking it. The Titans will need a lot more than a backrower to fix their roster, but Fifita is a genuine superstar. He will have people excited to watch the Titans when he plays.

Also, I remember the shit Raiders fans flung at us when we poached Milford, and while the circumstances are slightly different, we shouldn't get too caught up in self righteous indignation now that someone has done it to us too.

Props set the platform for the attack to work off. Haas touches the ball 1 to 2 times a set, Fifita would be lucky to touch it 15 times a game. Additionally, if Fifita is the only threat for the titans on the left (he will be) good teams will just target him in attack. He also relies on halves to give him the ball in a good position, before he has the opposition second rower on top of him.

Wayne Bennett always said you don't overpay props - look at contracts and props don't make backrower money. The role is more important than the player. Run fast and hard - work fast and hard - get off and come back on and do the same.

Fifita is a game changer. An offensive weapon whilst being just as important on the edge in defence.

He is better than Haas and why he has been offered record money.

The more that happens with this club the more I think Bennett having as much power as he did wasn’t the problem

[automerge]1595656454[/automerge]
Smart move by Dave. Big money and doesn’t have to play finals.
The titans will finish above us next year

Last edited:
Fact is our two best are Fifita and Haas. Teams have to know who there best are and know who they are building around. Storm knew that had Slater and Smith who they would do anything to keep - forced them to lose Inglis.

We have gone and upgraded everyones contracts and brought in a dud halfback and put ourselves in a position where offering a contract to our best player was a struggle. Terrible mismanagement.

Honestly as far as I'm concerned Fifita is selfish. After all the broncos have done for him, just goes chasing the money. It's bullshit he went to the titans to support his family, he could support three families on the deal we offered him. Just release him on Monday, selfish ****

yeh...im kinda split on what to do with him remainder of the year.....but it would be difficult to see a scenario where he is welcomed back, let alone suit up and play....

I reckon he's played his last game for us but......lets see...

Not unsurprising, but massively deflating. My enthusiasm for the game is pretty much nonexistent right now.

Fair play to Fifita and the Titans. It's a fuckload of money for a young guy so I can't blame him for taking it. The Titans will need a lot more than a backrower to fix their roster, but Fifita is a genuine superstar. He will have people excited to watch the Titans when he plays.

Also, I remember the shit Raiders fans flung at us when we poached Milford, and while the circumstances are slightly different, we shouldn't get too caught up in self righteous indignation now that someone has done it to us too.

In that case, Milford just wanted to come home. The Raiders offered him more to stay and they came close to signing him but the Broncos eventually got their man.

I'm not giving up on the club. This is the moment where they need the fans the most and they've got players there they can move forward with. In players like Carrigan and Haas, I believe they can help drive this club forward but they need a proper coach.

Last edited:
Fact is our two best are Fifita and Haas. Teams have to know who there best are and know who they are building around. Storm knew that had Slater and Smith who they would do anything to keep - forced them to lose Inglis.

We have gone and upgraded everyones contracts and brought in a dud halfback and put ourselves in a position where offering a contract to our best player was a struggle. Terrible mismanagement.
Would have been more mismanagement to try and match the titans offer.

Darius Boyd retiring opens up approx $800k a year, Fifita's salary gone opens up what....$500kish..?

So; take half of Boyds salary and give it to Haas; whatever length he wants, PO etc.....whatever he wants, we give him. He is now the only super talent left here

If/when Bird takes up his PO; accept that we will have to carry maybe 50% of it for next season but shop him.....theres another $500k

Easy really to start opening up some flexibility. But once Haas is tied up on his new contract.......get a fucking NRL standard coach and half decent assistants.

Use Fifita's and what you save with Birds....and pay out Siebolds contract......and **** him off next...

THEN......start going to market. But for mine, this is how the club should progress...
Haas has been there the last several weeks when they have been getting flogged and you want to upgrade him and build a team around him? If he has got three years left on his current deal it would be nuts to upgrade him.

Would have been more mismanagement to try and match the titans offer.

Broncos lowballed him because they had no more money. Then they tried to do a one year deal and we will pay you more after that year. They have then tried to get rid of all these players on the roster to offer more money but couldn't get any takers. They they upped there offer on a three year deal.

People have been talking about Fifita getting a million for a long time. Broncos management screwed it thinking the worst club in the league can keep a player on unders. Now we can go and reup Milford, Bird, Oates, Kahu, Lodge, Offa.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • achievedrap
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ezpz
  • Browny
  • Lozza
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Broncorob
  • Ozired
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.