OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

The media talk about Fifita deflecting from the Broncos to the Titans is ridiculous.
Ennis and Hooper last night talking about how Broncos players have always taken less to stay at the club.
Brisbane have lost the plot etc. and stating that this pretty much would not have happened under WB, wake up..
Yes, I agree we are sitting in the worse position in the clubs history however..
Anyone recall Ash Taylor leaving? Ben Hunt leaving? Jai Arrow leaving?
They were all the 'next best things', especially Ash Taylor. They all left under WB.
The media have extremely short memories.

Mate they can't even remember what they said a few weeks ago let alone previous years. Take Paul Kent, not even a month ago he is saying that if the Broncos are smart they will not match the Titans offer and let him go as a blessing in disguise so they can use that money for a key position/experience. Literally exactly what we have done (assuming that we do use that money wisely) yet now he is saying what a blow it is to the club.

In general they are just out of control. They make up damaging statements that have no quotes or sources and more often than not are proven false, yet once it is printed every other journo uses it as fact to just keep deathriding clubs and players. It's disgusting.

Why is it hard to believe, if it wasn't about money he would have signed a long time ago.
I’m not saying it wasn’t a contributing factor but there are clearly other things at play. The entire club is a dumpster fire.

I’m not saying it wasn’t a contributing factor but there are clearly other things at play. The entire club is a dumpster fire.

We know mate, we fucking know. But if the dumpster fire was the reason he would have been gone long ago. It's been a dumpster fire for more than a fucking year.

The media talk about Fifita deflecting from the Broncos to the Titans is ridiculous.
Ennis and Hooper last night talking about how Broncos players have always taken less to stay at the club.
Brisbane have lost the plot etc. and stating that this pretty much would not have happened under WB, wake up..
Yes, I agree we are sitting in the worse position in the clubs history however..
Anyone recall Ash Taylor leaving? Ben Hunt leaving? Jai Arrow leaving?
They were all the 'next best things', especially Ash Taylor. They all left under WB.
The media have extremely short memories.

Weren’t arrow and Taylor released early to pursue starting spots? It wasn’t until we tried to re-sign Taylor he got the mega bucks and what do you know bennett has re-signed Arrow. Hunt is the only example there that you could really reference.

[
I think people need to calm the F down and think more rationally. Did Fifita go for the money? Most likely hell yes because I like to see if any of you would knock back a multimillion deal (I know I wouldn’t). Is he going to a club that is worse off? Given our current debacle I wouldn’t be surprised if they even up out-pacing us while Seibs is still here.

To all those talking about loyalty, it’s dead and has been dead ever since a) the NRL decided to place a salary cap to ensure a “fair” system and b) when the Broncos became a business on the ASX.

I personally think that there is something seriously wrong at the club either at management level, the coach or the playing group. Why would anybody want to stay at a place where nobody is talking to each other and the lower level “plebs” are having their pleas ignored. Some people here sound like abused partners blindly sticKing with the club knowing that they can “change” the club and it’s only a phase.

I wish Fifita all the luck and if the bloody Broncos have become so toxic, we need to have/ a full clean out.

Maybe not entirely dead.

Taking one for the team: Keary set to take less to stay with Roosters

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ta...ss-to-stay-with-roosters-20200726-p55flw.html

Last edited:
We know mate, we fucking know. But if the dumpster fire was the reason he would have been gone long ago. It's been a dumpster fire for more than a fucking year.
Yeah for about the last 20 months

Mate they can't even remember what they said a few weeks ago let alone previous years. Take Paul Kent, not even a month ago he is saying that if the Broncos are smart they will not match the Titans offer and let him go as a blessing in disguise so they can use that money for a key position/experience. Literally exactly what we have done (assuming that we do use that money wisely) yet now he is saying what a blow it is to the club.

In general they are just out of control. They make up damaging statements that have no quotes or sources and more often than not are proven false, yet once it is printed every other journo uses it as fact to just keep deathriding clubs and players. It's disgusting.
All you have to do is look at the other players that have deflected from their clubs this year. Two that come to the forefront of my mind are Tyson Frizell and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui.
One is a current NSW & Australia rep, and the other is apparently a Fifita or Petro clone. How many media reports were written around these two?
The thing that gets me is News Corp. they're the major shareholders in this club, yet are the ones that are flicking the most mud. They're clearly adopting the 'any publicity is good publicity' theory.

Dennis Watt was on Big League Wrap talking about the Fifita signing, guy is classy. Hooper constantly tried to bait him into rubbing it into the Broncos faces but he wouldn’t bite. After the the fifth time he said the game has an issue if Brisbane aren’t strong given the ratings and money they bring into the game, I think Hooper is still trying to figure it out.

Very impressive man 14 years on the Broncos board and two years chairman and at the Storm too, Broncos losing him was a massive hole and he will be huge in turning the Titans around. He was Rupert's right hand man for a long while. Chatting to him is a lesson in life.

Last edited:
I know there has been talk on here about not playing him for the rest of the year. If he's fit, we need to play him and we need to play our best team. I think it's really important we finish the season off well leading into next year to give us something to build off.

On a side note, why is there no racket about Melbourne losing Tino? Up and coming star, he left for a bigger offer. The only thing Melbourne did better was they gave him an offer early, and didn't let him drag it out. Or he respected the club enough to not drag it out.

But the parallels are pretty striking. Up and coming star, left for a shitter club. Both cases are obviously in search of bigger money bags but it's more exciting to make it sound like he's left because the club is a basket case(which it is but that's besides the point).

The perception is the Storm will replace him, and they will lose little- the noise about the Broncos is because they're struggling and a replacement isn't seen.

The Storm have lost 20 Tinos and replaced them pretty quickly.

Last edited:
[

Maybe not entirely dead.

Taking one for the team: Keary set to take less to stay with Roosters

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ta...ss-to-stay-with-roosters-20200726-p55flw.html

This is what Brisbane should do. The Roosters are clearly not keeping him for less, they are just paying him in creative ways. Brisbane should do the same. And Brisbane needs to target guys like Keary early because it’s I’ll help drive the price up which is what everyone does to Brisbane.

Weren’t arrow and Taylor released early to pursue starting spots? It wasn’t until we tried to re-sign Taylor he got the mega bucks and what do you know bennett has re-signed Arrow. Hunt is the only example there that you could really reference.
That is the narrative that rolled out regarding Arrow and Taylor.
Again, the Broncos and WB were still unable to 'lure' Taylor back to the Broncos a couple of years later when he was off-contract.
Hunt from all reports took 300-400k more to leave the Broncos and move to a different state and relocate his family.
Fifita is taking 500k more, doesn't have to relocate at all and just has to travel down the road.. I would have thought that would have been a much easier decision then the up and leaving decision from Hunt.

Again, Hunt, Arrow and Taylor all took much larger $ to leave the Broncos, years ago and we weren't even in a mess..
But that totally goes against what the media is currently portraying RE the Fifita saga.

Why do we care so much about the media’s representation of the club? Why care about the gossip columnists?

The NRL will likely realise way past the damage is done what is happening to Brisbane right now will be extremely detrimental to the league if this goes on a few years when their paychecks are being affected as the drop off in ratings leads to lower media deals. They would secretly be hoping Brisbane doesn’t stay down.

That is the narrative that rolled out regarding Arrow and Taylor.
Again, the Broncos and WB were still unable to 'lure' Taylor back to the Broncos a couple of years later when he was off-contract.
Hunt from all reports took 300-400k more to leave the Broncos and move to a different state and relocate his family.
Fifita is taking 500k more, doesn't have to relocate at all and just has to travel down the road.. I would have thought that would have been a much easier decision then the up and leaving decision from Hunt.

Again, Hunt, Arrow and Taylor all took much larger $ to leave the Broncos, years ago and we weren't even in a mess..
But that totally goes against what the media is currently portraying RE the Fifita saga.
To paraphrase what you said earlier: as long as we're talking about it, they will spew any shit out. They only care about the clicks and the reposts etc. They buy into their own bullshit and the circle spirals further and further.

We've got the talent, we just fucked up with the new rules and I personally believe we copped some bullshit decisions early on and it blew us well off kilter. Their mentality is shot and the need to completely reset. Let Fifi go and move on.

Why do we care so much about the media’s representation of the club? Why care about the gossip columnists?

The NRL will likely realise way past the damage is done what is happening to Brisbane right now will be extremely detrimental to the league if this goes on a few years when their paychecks are being affected as the drop off in ratings leads to lower media deals. They would secretly be hoping Brisbane doesn’t stay down.

It’s because it’s so intrusive. You turn on Nein: it’s there, you turn on Fox: it’s there, you go on Facebook/Twitter/Reddit: it’s there. You go on BHQ: it’s there. We can’t watch a game, and not even our own sometimes, without seeing or hearing about it

Listening to Dennis Watt, you can certainly understand what the Titans are trying to do with their recruitment, they are bringing together a group of talented young guys who have history and association and then putting them under a coach who seems to have a bit nous.

I think the problem is tho they have invested so much of the cap in these guys its like going all in, with a bit of luck it could pay off but they will need to compromise the overall quality and depth of the squad, a few injuries to the key guys and they are screwed.

I think you need that balance of quality across the squad in the game now, with the speed and toughness of the game injuries are a problem, investing too big in a few players is a recipe for disaster. You need those backup players ready to step in.

You cant have quality forwards and shit backs/halves or vica versa, you need that balance.

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tmac
  • kiwi2
  • Lozza
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • westy316
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.