OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

Even looking at our offer of 2.5 over 3 that is still crazy fucking money for a backrower no matter how good he is.

I feel this whole ordeal has played out the only way it could have. Fifita has every right to take that cash, its stupid money. I think our offer was overs anyways. He is really good, and im going to miss having him in our team, but he isn't an 800K per year player yet.

In respects to Fifita owing us something because we bailed him out... i dont think so. I would have been furious if we didnt. Same as the knee. You got to look after your players. Who knows, could be the good juju that makes him wanna come back in a few years.

I wouldnt be too worried. We didnt lose a once in a generation talent, and this gives us the opportunity to better balance our roster.

Also, we should play him if we can. He is a bronco until he isnt. He hasnt spat in the clubs face, it's nothing personal...he is just doing whats best for him and his mum. You dont see Melbourne benching Tino...

I feel this whole ordeal has played out the only way it could have. Fifita has every right to take that cash, its stupid money. I think our offer was overs anyways. He is really good, and im going to miss having him in our team, but he isn't an 800K per year player yet.

In respects to Fifita owing us something because we bailed him out... i dont think so. I would have been furious if we didnt. Same as the knee. You got to look after your players. Who knows, could be the good juju that makes him wanna come back in a few years.

I wouldnt be too worried. We didnt lose a once in a generation talent, and this gives us the opportunity to better balance our roster.

Also, we should play him if we can. He is a bronco until he isnt. He hasnt spat in the clubs face, it's nothing personal...he is just doing whats best for him and his mum. You dont see Melbourne benching Tino...

Tino also didn't drag it out and plus there was no Bali bullshit with him, pretty different situations.

Tino also didn't drag it out and plus there was no Bali bullshit with him, pretty different situations.
Yeh this is true. The way in which it was dragged out sucks heaps. There is something dodgy with the whole "I want to wait for new management before i sign" thing.

No doubt the whole situation is less than desirable

Common folk giving life advice to a soon to be millionaire footballer...lmfao, im sure young Dave is taking notes.

Let it go guys, we all would have done the same in his shoes. Our hate should be directed at our club.

Agreed with all of this, even the generational talent. He will be I think but not yet and I reckon he will be back when he is starting to be that talent.

Common folk giving life advice to a soon to be millionaire footballer...lmfao, im sure young Dave is taking notes.

Let it go guys, we all would have done the same in his shoes. Our hate should be directed at our club.

You don't know any of these people, who they are, what they do, what they've done, or how they've done it.

He's a big dumb footballer. I assure you, we have smarter people here.

I dunno, I feel like I'm already over it. At the end of the day, he's just another second rower to fork out huge money for when frankly we have other positions that desperately need greater attention, namely the 1, 6 and 9.

I am still highly uncertain about Turpin in the hooker role after being force fed years of shit in that position. I will be watching him closely tomorrow night and the knock on effect he has for the men around him before I really settle on any judgment, but I am still of the opinion that we need to spend big on a quality 9 to take control of the rest. Whether that is C Smith or B Smith or Grant, whoever.

I kind of got the impression a few weeks ago that the Titans were too invested and would not stop until they got the signature. I mean, how fucking pathetic would it appear to be so unpalatable to players that people would not sign with you even after offering close to 50% more than the next best offer. Mal was begging him, Tallis was begging him, and they were still going to be standing there with their dicks in their hands. They had to pull out all stops to make sure they wouldn't have egg on their face.

Last edited:
I kind of got the impression a few weeks ago that the Titans were too invested and would not stop until they got the signature. I mean, how fucking pathetic would it appear to be so unpalatable to players that people would not sign with you even after offering close to 50% more than the next best offer. Mal was begging him, Tallis was begging him, and they were still going to be standing there with their dicks in their hands. They had to pull out all stops to make sure they wouldn't have egg on their face.

I also get the feeling that neither Mal nor the Raging Fool expected people to be saying the deal they made with Fifita was a ridiculous offer. The definitely expected everyone to be patting them on the back for landing such a big signing.

they also appear to have expected that people would believe Fifita has gone to the Titans for reasons other than money ... Mal squirming in his seat while Fox were talking to Parker was glorious to see

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • bazza
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • levikaden
  • ivanhungryjak
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.