OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

Not really because we have a list of players coming of contract in 22 ,23. We could easily make room if needed.

Nope, his ship has sailed. If the Titans are going well he won't want to come back and if they are going shit he can stay there if he wants to still live with mummy. For better or worse he has made his bed and he can lie in it, hopefully it is uncomfortable and full of regret.

Nope, his ship has sailed. If the Titans are going well he won't want to come back and if they are going shit he can stay there if he wants to still live with mummy. For better or worse he has made his bed and he can lie in it, hopefully it is uncomfortable and full of regret.
I understand the hate but if he's killing and wants back in, I would be fine with it if it helps us win a premiership.
I mean after all an extra 1million $ over 3year's is almost impossible to give up.

I understand the hate but if he's killing and wants back in, I would be fine with it if it helps us win a premiership.
I mean after all an extra 1million $ over 3year's is almost impossible to give up.

It really isn't, why to people keep saying it is impossible to give up? If you are weak, greedy and self-absorbed (which clearly he is) I agree would be nearly impossible to give up. If this guy had any character after Bali especially he would have set his sights on at least giving the club another contract no matter what was thrown at him. He is a pea-heart that is only playing a team sport based on what is best for him and unless he develops some heart and accountability he is going to find not just the game but life in general very, very difficult.

Furthermore, people claiming he isn't a mercenary need to open their eyes, he never had any passion for this club. If he did Tallis approaching would have shut down the deal after everything that piece of shit has done to the club that made him. Look at Lodge FFS, he has been here for only a few years and you can see the hatred he has for Tallis.

Last edited:
It really isn't, why to people keep saying it is impossible to give up? If you are weak, greedy and self-absorbed (which clearly he is) I agree would be nearly impossible to give up. If this guy had any character after Bali especially he would have set his sights on at least giving the club another contract no matter what was thrown at him. He is a pea-heart that is only playing a team sport based on what is best for him and unless he develops some heart and accountability he is going to find not just the game but life in general very, very difficult.

Furthermore, people claiming he isn't a mercenary need to open their eyes, he never had any passion for this club. If he did Tallis approaching would have shut down the deal after everything that piece of shit has done to the club that made him. Look at Lodge FFS, he has been here for only a few years and you can see the hatred he has for Tallis.
Well it's obvious Gordon got on his knees and got the job done but I believe it wasn't all about $$$ , definitely a major factor. Especially for a kid with a single parent, it's how kids think when they have only one parent and even worse it's mother and son.
Have seen it many times , they feel obligated to give them everything.
Also the whole keebra connection and then you have the Australia coach wooing you ,and one of the best second rowers the game has seen (even if he is a fuckhead).
We were really up against it imo and even then it sounds that it was really hard to turn his back on us.

Well it's obvious Gordon got on his knees and got the job done but I believe it wasn't all about $$$ , definitely a major factor. Especially for a kid with a single parent, it's how kids think when they have only one parent and even worse it's mother and son.
Have seen it many times , they feel obligated to give them everything.
Also the whole keebra connection and then you have the Australia coach wooing you ,and one of the best second rowers the game has seen (even if he is a fuckhead).
We were really up against it imo and even then it sounds that it was really hard to turn his back on us.

I suppose expecting him to somehow support his mum on 800k was ridiculous, how stupid of me I mean they poor bloke would barely make rent.

Pro tip Dave, you can support your mum even better by not smashing the pokies, you don't get that money back.

I suppose expecting him to somehow support his mum on 800k was ridiculous, how stupid of me I mean they poor bloke would barely make rent.

Pro tip Dave, you can support your mum even better by not smashing the pokies, you don't get that money back.
I get it you don't understand and you have valid points , it's easy to sit on the sidelines and say that you would do things differently. But until you get put into the same position it's hard to criticize.
Don't get me wrong I'm fuming about it but I'm not going hold a grudge against him , I will move on and cheer the boys on to absolutely smash him though.

This

And that is also why I hate the analogy that it is insinuated that everyone of us in the same position in the workforce would have done the same.

Here’s where that analogy falls flat, for starters if any of us were going to be in $800k+ per annum for the next few years, especially only in the opening years of your career, I doubt any of us would be complaining or feeling undervalued.

There is also the fact that if my employer was continuing to pay me exorbitant money to not even have to do my job whilst I was recovering from surgery, I would feel indebted. Especially if he was to still stick by me whilst I found myself in an overseas prison.

Young sportsmen are so out of touch with reality it isn’t funny. When is enough money enough? It seems like the more you over pay the young players who haven’t even matured off the field, they seem to waste the extra earn they sell their soul anyway on gambling, drugs or other vices.

Players should be focusing on financial freedom and doing what will make them happy. Would not be against the Broncos adopting the Storm model of making players who aren’t ingrained into their culture work for 2 weeks during preseason. That will really seperate the men from the boys and will help identify who has the fortitude to drive real change.

This

And that is also why I hate the analogy that it is insinuated that everyone of us in the same position in the workforce would have done the same.

Here’s where that analogy falls flat, for starters if any of us were going to be in $800k+ per annum for the next few years, especially only in the opening years of your career, I doubt any of us would be complaining or feeling undervalued.

There is also the fact that if my employer was continuing to pay me exorbitant money to not even have to do my job whilst I was recovering from surgery, I would feel indebted. Especially if he was to still stick by me whilst I found myself in an overseas prison.

Young sportsmen are so out of touch with reality it isn’t funny. When is enough money enough? It seems like the more you over pay the young players who haven’t even matured off the field, they seem to waste the extra earn they sell their soul anyway on gambling, drugs or other vices.

Players should be focusing on financial freedom and doing what will make them happy. Would not be against the Broncos adopting the Storm model of making players who aren’t ingrained into their culture work for 2 weeks during preseason. That will really seperate the men from the boys and will help identify who has the fortitude to drive real change.
You can play the bigger person here but until you get put into the same position, then you're just having a guess at what you would do.
Do I feel indebted to my company for up Skilling me and doing the right thing by me ? No I don't. Will I leave for a better offer? Depends on certain situations. But I'll tell you what, I will do whatever it takes to look after my family financially and be in a position to retire early.
Now you can think you'll take the high road but I guarantee that if you had a chance to make your life easier and also look after your family, you would take the money.

I would have of stayed at the club (if somehow i was nrl player lol)100% . But that's just me, love the club and I'm loyal. The broncos offer was good so that wouldn't have been a issue for me.

You can play the bigger person here but until you get put into the same position, then you're just having a guess at what you would do.
Do I feel indebted to my company for up Skilling me and doing the right thing by me ? No I don't. Will I leave for a better offer? Depends on certain situations. But I'll tell you what, I will do whatever it takes to look after my family financially and be in a position to retire early.
Now you can think you'll take the high road but I guarantee that if you had a chance to make your life easier and also look after your family, you would take the money.

I have already answered this same question because it gets put to people whenever they have the audacity to question the lack of loyalty in this current generation of footballer so I will keep it brief because I’m sick of answering it.

I have been in this situation twice where I have been offered significantly more money and have stayed where I am. Obviously we are not talking the amounts of Fifita and I am currently paid well but the put remains I would have gotten significantly more if I left but I stayed because I like my workplace and they have put significant investment into me and I feel a sense of loyalty to them. They also didn’t need to get me out of a jail cell to get my loyalty either.

So yeah I am very comfortable with my ability to judge David and I will continue to do so, thanks.

Last edited:
I have already answered this same question because it gets put to people whenever they have the audacity to question the lack of loyalty in this current generation of footballer so I will keep it brief because I’m sick of answering it.

I have been in this situation twice where I have been offered significantly more money and have stayed where I am. Obviously we are not talking the amounts of Fifita and I am currently paid well but the put remains I would have gotten significantly more if I left but I stayed because I like my workplace and they have put significant investment into me and I feel a sense of loyalty to them. They also didn’t need to get me out of a jail cell to get my loyalty either.

So yeah I am very comfortable with my ability to judge David and I will continue to do so, thanks.
Still not even close to be similar circumstances
Fifita has probably 10 good years barring injury to make his money, You probably have 30 odd more.
Most footballers aren't equipped to get anywhere near what they earn post football which is 1 injury away .
He has done the right thing absolutely from a financial POV.

For the record here were the plonkers playing pokies the night before the 0-58 Eels finals defeat.

Anthony Milford, Payne Haas, David Fifita and senior players Andrew McCullough, Corey Oates and Matt Gillett ....

That's fine we'll leave it at that.

I don't really see why people feel a need to put others down. We are all annoyed at Dave, me too but the issue is between personal views and willingness to understand the decision or not. This is totally fine with me.

I disagree with @broncos4life but I respect where he is coming from and I like to see that passion in fans, goodness me we need fans like this at such a rubbish time. I understand the player's decision even though it sucks. The offer (by reports) was $1 million than the Broncs and there isn't much upside at the Broncs with the current administration.

I do genuinely believe he didn't want to leave and he will come back if the administration changes. And yes, it sucks he is leaving when the side needs him the most but that is such a ridiculously good deal for a short career, I understand him taking it. I would have too under the current circumstances and it saddens me to say it as a Broncos fan. I am ok with being called disloyal, etc for that but I hate where this club is currently heading.

Still not even close to be similar circumstances
Fifita has probably 10 good years barring injury to make his money, You probably have 30 odd more.
Most footballers aren't equipped to get anywhere near what they earn post football which is 1 injury away .
He has done the right thing absolutely from a financial POV.

It is similar circumstances. Yes he has a limited time to earn his money but he is also getting paid more than 10 times what I am in that period. Even if all he got his whole career was the 800k the Broncos offered if he invested that wisely and not in the pokies he wuld never have to do a day of work in his life post football.

For the record here were the plonkers playing pokies the night before the 0-58 Eels finals defeat.

Anthony Milford, Payne Haas, David Fifita and senior players Andrew McCullough, Corey Oates and Matt Gillett ....

And which ones of them left the club (not loaned) at the first opportunity and was rescued from a Bali jail cell? It was Gillett wasn't it?

It is similar circumstances. Yes he has a limited time to earn his money but he is also getting paid more than 10 times what I am in that period. Even if all he got his whole career was the 800k the Broncos offered if he invested that wisely and not in the pokies he wuld never have to do a day of work in his life post football.
Your suggesting he has a pokie problem ??.
Wow.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Foordy
  • Kev_Guz
  • MrRobot
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.