OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

Morkel writes hundreds of words about the Titans and I say, let's not discuss it here and you decide that you won't mention Morkel but you quote me who is literally saying 'let's NOT talk about the Titans in this thread' as if I'm continuing the discussion. How about being reasonable and fair?
I in fact underestimated, it was 19.

I too have wondered if Fifita was smart enough to make 2022 and 2023 PO. Then he would hold all the aces.
Especially if there was any truth to him not wanting to play under AS. I’m pretty sure he would know that we will have a new coach in 2021..
It would just make sense as our 2022 and 2023 offers were larger then the 2021 offer and I think the titans front ended him.
I guess only time will tell..

I in fact underestimated, it was 19.
But my previous posts, other posters too are not the subject of your objection. You wanted me to not discuss the Titans in this thread because you were sick of reading about them. I thought it was derailing the thread too and moved discussion away from the thread and suggested that Morkel move too and I'd be happy to debate the topic in the appropriate thread.

Why the **** then, when it was blatantly obvious I was avoiding discussion on the Titans did you criticize me for discussing them? I wasn't the one keeping it going, was I ? I'd ALREADY taken the steps you belatedly suggested or at least steps to avoid clogging the thread with irrelevant posts. No matter how you want to rationalize your comment you're out of order on this and actually should be wise enough to recognise my actions as correct and hell, maybe apologize.

He will lose 30-40% to tax in reality and the salary cap changes if they come will haircut it some more.

Still decent tho

I too have wondered if Fifita was smart enough to make 2022 and 2023 PO. Then he would hold all the aces.
Especially if there was any truth to him not wanting to play under AS. I’m pretty sure he would know that we will have a new coach in 2021..
It would just make sense as our 2022 and 2023 offers were larger then the 2021 offer and I think the titans front ended him.
I guess only time will tell..
Still would be a massive risk from Fifita ... because that would be him banking on us still having that coin available.

The chances are that once he turned us down we move on and spend the money we set aside for him

Then Soward dropped his theory ... that Fifita signed a 3 year contract with the Titans because that's hopw long Seibs has left on his contract if he doesn't get sacked. he left out the fact that the vast majority of contracts in rugby league are either 2 or 3 year deals.

if this was even remotely the case, then Fifita (or his mum or both) is insanely stupid. because Seibs is at long odds to be the coach in 2021 (despite what the board say publicly). either hold out until October or sign a 1 year deal, then you don't get locked into the shithole down the road for three years

I truly doubt there's a functioning brain cell between them

Still would be a massive risk from Fifita ... because that would be him banking on us still having that coin available.

The chances are that once he turned us down we move on and spend the money we set aside for him
No risk at all from Fifita.
He just simply takes up his PO at the titans if we were unable to give him the expect $.

Mate if you are so keen on the Tits, just sign up to their forum and debate away to your hearts content. I am sick of reading about them on here.
Big Pete contributed well over a thousand words in multiple posts concerning the quality or lack thereof of the Titans team and not the topic itself. Unbreakable provided a possible/probable Titans team again not the topic and you yourself contributed in post 422, again not on the topic. There were 313 posts before I posted the first time and my first three posts were all 'on topic'. You were part of the discussion.

I acted to leave out off topic discussion because I didn't want it clogging up the thread. Your comment was unwarranted. Also, 19, bullshit.

No risk at all from Fifita.
He just simply takes up his PO at the titans if we were unable to give him the expect $.

no financial risk ... but the risk is he is stuck at a club he doesn't want to be at and can't get back to the club he wants to play for because they've moved on

I'm extremely confident he will be back and maybe sooner than we think. No reason for it, just a gut feeling.

Every time I see that picture of Fifita in Bali shaking hands with that dodgy local and the Broncos welfare officer, I get a sick feeling in the gut that he turned his back on us.

You and me both.

The difference now too is this time around the Titans have made Fifita the highest paid player in the game at 20 years of age and 37 NRL games, 0 origin series wins and 0 NRL finals wins whilst coming off a knee injury, who is consigned to one position on the edge of the field. No matter which way you look at it is irresponsible and unjustifiable from the Titans. For the money they threw at him they could have gotten someone who would win them games more regular and touch the ball more if they weren’t so desperate to try and get a vulnerable big name right now. Think Mal was under pressure to justify his head of culture position and just went for the easy option.

Fifita is an absolute gun at breaking the line and has blistering strength and some decent pace but that’s all he has. David Taylor at least had an offload, a ball playing game and could even put in the odd decent kick.

If you could have fused Fifita and Taylor together with Cam Smith’s brain you would have the Don Bradman of Rugby League.
Fifi has put in kicks for himself too

Every time I see that picture of Fifita in Bali shaking hands with that dodgy local and the Broncos welfare officer, I get a sick feeling in the gut that he turned his back on us.

That was probably the time when we should have moved to sign him up but we missed that boat.

I'm extremely confident he will be back and maybe sooner than we think. No reason for it, just a gut feeling.

But......but.......but............... Mal and Gordie, they're his best mates.................. looking out for his best interests............. its not about the money.

Too many ex QLD players out there with chips on their shoulders against the Broncs, this team built QLD rugby league into what it is even the players that didn't play for us where funded through our system, a bunch of degenerates the lot of em.

Not really because we have a list of players coming of contract in 22 ,23. We could easily make room if needed.

Active Now

• barker
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.