OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

Latest blatherings from the papers:

Gould:

“You would never ever get to a position where this kid would even be thinking about leaving. You would be upgrading and extending his contract the whole time ... you would never get a position where he would even be thinking about other clubs or whether other clubs get a chance to get into the fight. Leaving it to this stage in the season where he’s coming off contract I think is ridiculous.”

Pies:

“Without going into details the offer on the table from the Titans was substantial. There was an opportunity to set himself and his family up financially and we respect the decision that every player and staff member makes. We have a great working relationship and he has a lot of strong friendships here, but ultimately it is a once in a lifetime opportunity for David. We gave our best offer to David and I want to respect David’s decision.”

Fatty

Respect where it's due.

Lockyer:

“Hindsight, you’d say yeah, we’d secure him two years ago - but we didn’t. We did all we could to keep him. We had to be responsible with our salary cap spending. Obviously it’s disappointing to lose him but it’s a hell of a deal for him down there at he Titans. After this year, we obviously wish him well. But yeah, hindsight, you’d say yes; it was probably prudent to sign him a couple of years ago but we didn’t.”

McHunt

Latest blatherings from the papers:

Gould:

“You would never ever get to a position where this kid would even be thinking about leaving. You would be upgrading and extending his contract the whole time ... you would never get a position where he would even be thinking about other clubs or whether other clubs get a chance to get into the fight. Leaving it to this stage in the season where he’s coming off contract I think is ridiculous.”

Pies:

“Without going into details the offer on the table from the Titans was substantial. There was an opportunity to set himself and his family up financially and we respect the decision that every player and staff member makes. We have a great working relationship and he has a lot of strong friendships here, but ultimately it is a once in a lifetime opportunity for David. We gave our best offer to David and I want to respect David’s decision.”

View attachment 9035

Respect where it's due.

Lockyer:

“Hindsight, you’d say yeah, we’d secure him two years ago - but we didn’t. We did all we could to keep him. We had to be responsible with our salary cap spending. Obviously it’s disappointing to lose him but it’s a hell of a deal for him down there at he Titans. After this year, we obviously wish him well. But yeah, hindsight, you’d say yes; it was probably prudent to sign him a couple of years ago but we didn’t.”

McHunt

Nice one Darren.

I don't recall too many if any wanting to sign Fifi up 2 years ago. Everyone had hard ons for TPJ and Haas and Lodge as must signs.

Hahahaha gordon "2 brain cells" tallis has already HEAPED the pressure on fifita hahahaha... saying he has the same "aura" as meninga. I am getting more and more confident every day this is going to end in tears for everyone but the Broncos...

Hahahaha gordon "2 brain cells" tallis has already HEAPED the pressure on fifita hahahaha... saying he has the same "aura" as meninga. I am getting more and more confident every day this is going to end in tears for everyone but the Broncos...

So far he has been told he will have a statue out the front of their stadium, will be responsible for getting crowds to the game and elite talent to come to the club for less. Add to that the expectation of the price tag meaning that he is their best player nearly every week and they play finals football; now he has “Mal Meninga’s aura”.

**** me no pressure Dave. I would say I hope that it doesn’t crush you but we both know I would be lying.

I to believe that is what will happpen but at the same time we have zero idea how this kid handles pressure yet. He hasnt really been put under any in his career.

And we have no idea how he will perform now that teams will putting plans together to put him under enormous pressure and now other forwards have put a * near his name thinking they want to make a statement against him cause hes the best.

All that will now change and it will defiantly be fascinating to watch what unfolds next year.
i do hope he handles it all well and it does not ruin him. But even if he does play to his potential i still think that amount of money for him is insanity and i just cant see how the titans will be able to build a decent side around a player who will only touch the ball a dozen times a game if that

Last edited:
You know this for a fact??

Eyewitness accounts from 2 or 3 different people I’ve spoken to. Now they could be just saying stuff to try and sound ‘in the know’, but multiple people with no connection to each other?

Eyewitness accounts from 2 or 3 different people I’ve spoken to. Now they could be just saying stuff to try and sound ‘in the know’, but multiple people with no connection to each other?

I don’t know about now but the big fella allegedly didn’t mind a durry when he lived in Canberra

So far he has been told he will have a statue out the front of their stadium, will be responsible for getting crowds to the game and elite talent to come to the club for less. Add to that the expectation of the price tag meaning that he is their best player nearly every week and they play finals football; now he has “Mal Meninga’s aura”.

**** me no pressure Dave. I would say I hope that it doesn’t crush you but we both know I would be lying.
I think they call that "comfortable football"

Milf smashes the pineapples too (ironically)
What does this mean? That he feeds $50 notes into the machine? Or that he likes tropical berries? Or that he likes girls with a pineapple figure? I'm not a betting man, so forgive my naivety. This post just piqued my interest.

What does this mean? That he feeds $50 notes into the machine? Or that he likes tropical berries? Or that he likes girls with a pineapple figure? I'm not a betting man, so forgive my naivety. This post just piqued my interest.
50 dollar notes I think

Yeah 50s

and I said ironically as most shots people take at him is about his weight and it’s a fruit, so for him to ‘smash’ a fruit and it have nothing to do with his diet - see where I’m going? haha

I'm extremely confident he will be back and maybe sooner than we think. No reason for it, just a gut feeling.

Unless he back flips before seasons end, which I’d find hilarious, I can’t see him coming back. How much would we pay a backrower?

Yeah 50s

and I said ironically as most shots people take at him is about his weight and it’s a fruit, so for him to ‘smash’ a fruit and it have nothing to do with his diet - see where I’m going? haha
Hahaha ok! Thanks, lads. It's pretty funny even though I made you explain it. I thought there was some new phrase that I wasn't aware of.

Bloody Isaac John saying "Money for the Prez (prayers?)" in his Melbourne Storm play breakdown video had me feeling way too old. I still don't know what he meant.

Unread

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • cento
  • Alec
  • Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.