OFFICIAL Titans get their man with Fifita signing three-year deal

Mmmm, age has nothing to do with it.

500k a year is taxed at 45%. So, for 275k Haas, as a top ten nrl prop is fairly paid when other guys in the team play for half the time for considerably more?

If he was smart with his payments, he wouldnt be taxed at 45%!

Should be taxed at company tax rates or less (26%) with any sort of savvy structuring & management or unless ATO has specific rulings I would guess. Assuming they can act as a business and not a standard PAYG drone . More money you make the more options to streamline your tax appear.

Mmmm, age has nothing to do with it.

500k a year is taxed at 45%. So, for 275k Haas, as a top ten nrl prop is fairly paid when other guys in the team play for half the time for considerably more?
Those other guys are also being taxed at 45%, so that's irrelevant. Age has a lot to do with it when you sign your $500k contract after three games and approximately 30 minutes of game time.

And how many guys in our team would be on more than $500k anyway? Three? Four?

Those other guys are also being taxed at 45%, so that's irrelevant. Age has a lot to do with it when you sign your $500k contract after three games and approximately 30 minutes of game time.

If you go by media reports (yes I know they are guesses and this is no comment on their validity):

1. Milford
2. Macca
3. TPJ
4. Lodge
5. Haas
6. Flegler
7. Carrigan
8. Possibly Croft

If you go by media reports (yes I know they are guesses and this is no comment on their validity):

1. Milford
2. Macca
3. TPJ
4. Lodge
5. Haas
6. Flegler
7. Carrigan
8. Possibly Croft

where did you see Carrigan was on 500k+ ... i haven't seen a figure for him.

where did you see Carrigan was on 500k+ ... i haven't seen a figure for him.

I don't remember to be honest but I vaguely remember it was in an article where he had rejected the Bulldogs' massive offer.

Last edited:
I don't remember to be honest but I vaguely remember it was in an article where he had rejected the Bulldogs' massive offer.
I believe dogs offered him $800k (EDIT $1 million), but it was over 2-3yrs. When Carrigan signed it was mentioned that he received less.

I think it’s been reported that he’s on $350k?

which is still pretty high considering he had barely played a game when signing... or maybe hadn’t even made his debut at that point

Last edited:
No probs, feel free to scratch him off the list.

Missing the point. It's true that the other high earners pay 45 or at least are in that bracket.

Let's just say we have a fit Lodge on 500k. He plays 40 mins a match Haas 80. Well, at least that's how it's been. Ok ok, it might not be exactly that but Haas isn't just looking at his team mates.

He's seeing ex team mates making huge coin and I have no doubt he feels overworked and underpaid. On top he hears about other club's forwards with half his workload and not in his class yet earning more.

Just my opinion and I'd feel the same way too. Haas must be considered one of the top ten props currently. A fulltime, top shelf 80 minute rep prop should be paid better than a mid range second rower REGARDLESS of his age or experience. At least I believe that's likely to be how Haas views it. I view it that way.

Last edited:
Missing the point. It's true that the other high earners pay 45 or at least are in that bracket.

Let's just say we have a fit Lodge on 500k. He plays 40 mins a match Haas 80. Well, at least that's how it's been. Ok ok, it might not be exactly that but Haas isn't just looking at his team mates.

He's seeing ex team mates making huge coin and I have no doubt he feels overworked and underpaid. On top he hears about other club's forwards with half his workload and not in his class yet earning more.

Just my opinion and I'd feel the same way too. Haas must be considered one of the top ten props currently. A fulltime, top shelf 80 minute rep prop should be paid better than a mid range second rower REGARDLESS of his age or experience. At least I believe that's likely to be how Haas views it. I view it that way.
I 100% agree that Haas shouldn't be playing 80 minutes, but he's not overpaid. Others are overpaid, absolutely.

But if (and I stress if) someone getting $500k before they've achieved anything in the game other than a wooden spoon was to get upset about not being paid enough, they can **** right off to the Titans.

I 100% agree that Haas shouldn't be playing 80 minutes, but he's not overpaid. Others are overpaid, absolutely.

But if (and I stress if) someone getting $500k before they've achieved anything in the game other than a wooden spoon was to get upset about not being paid enough, they can **** right off to the Titans.
Okay, I can see the other higher paid forwards are overpaid angle. By that I take it to mean all other forwards including non Broncos.

I think playing Origin isn't exactly doing **** all and the Broncos position on the table really isn't worth comment. Whether you think the market should be something else or not the fact remains it is what it is. It's a workplace with a wage structure and table position means nothing.

I think he's on unders and has been poorly managed, overused and were I him, I'd be unhappy in the workplace. I think he is and has been for quite a while.

1. Milford
2. Macca
3. TPJ
4. Lodge
5. Haas
6. Flegler
7. Carrigan
8. Possibly Croft
You forgot oates😂

Okay, I can see the other higher paid forwards are overpaid angle. By that I take it to mean all other forwards including non Broncos.

I think playing Origin isn't exactly doing **** all and the Broncos position on the table really isn't worth comment. Whether you think the market should be something else or not the fact remains it is what it is. It's a workplace with a wage structure and table position means nothing.

I think he's on unders and has been poorly managed, overused and were I him, I'd be unhappy in the workplace. I think he is and has been for quite a while.
I think hes worth more than fuckfita but. Not on what the titans paid

Id be suprised if thats what hes on....a year or 2 maybe

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • thenry
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Rah88
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 52 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.