To make it as a footy commentator

Frank the Tank said:
set up tries that were bombed - he set it up and all they had to do was catch it and it's certain try time.
Yep. He was so pissed, and I would've been too. Keith Lulia [icon_evillaugh & Cooper Vuna would've had a lot of explaining to do...

Kee said:
Coxy said:
Kee said:
Warren Smith and Mark Braybrook would be way up there as the biggest Bronco haters.
Smith is sickening to listen to at the best of times but even worse when it comes to the Broncs.
Often makes me wonder how some of these guys get such top jobs with Fox?Majority of the callers are hopeless.Freeman would be my favourite out of the lot of them(along with Belcher who has come on board now)

Can't comment on Smith, but i once met Braybrook and asked who he supported. He said Brisbane. Go figure.

I find he isn't as bad with the Cowboys but he is really bad with us.Maybe he is a closet supporter and only let you know ey. icon_smile

Well his kid was parading around in a Broncos jersey, so it was clear where his loyalties lay.

I think some people overread where commentators' support and bias is sometimes. Referees too for that matter. I still have a certain Bulldogs fan bitch to me that Bill Harrigan was a Broncos fan! He was and is a Souths fan! Always was.

Some of those Dogs still claim they were ripped off in the 1998 Grand Final [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
Kee said:
Coxy said:
Kee said:
Warren Smith and Mark Braybrook would be way up there as the biggest Bronco haters.
Smith is sickening to listen to at the best of times but even worse when it comes to the Broncs.
Often makes me wonder how some of these guys get such top jobs with Fox?Majority of the callers are hopeless.Freeman would be my favourite out of the lot of them(along with Belcher who has come on board now)

Can't comment on Smith, but i once met Braybrook and asked who he supported. He said Brisbane. Go figure.

I find he isn't as bad with the Cowboys but he is really bad with us.Maybe he is a closet supporter and only let you know ey. icon_smile

Well his kid was parading around in a Broncos jersey, so it was clear where his loyalties lay.

I think some people overread where commentators' support and bias is sometimes. Referees too for that matter. I still have a certain Bulldogs fan bitch to me that Bill Harrigan was a Broncos fan! He was and is a Souths fan! Always was.

Some of those Dogs still claim they were ripped off in the 1998 Grand Final [icon_lol1.
Are you serious!!! What have they to complain about?? [icon_confu

Apparently Bill Harrigan gave us all these wrong decisions early in the second half and that's what turned the game around for them [eusa_naugh

Coxy said:
Apparently Bill Harrigan gave us all these wrong decisions early in the second half and that's what turned the game around for them [eusa_naugh
eusa_think hmmm well i wonder what they think that denied try to steve renouf early on in the piece was? giving the broncos extra fire in their gut to go on and win i guess. [icon_evillaugh and going into half time with a 2 point lead was also unfair to the bulldogs because everyone knows they needed to be down at half time to make their miraculous come back

Coxy said:
Kee said:

No frigen way, out of all the commentators, I would of thought Braybrook hated the Broncos the most. Seriously. Unless he is trying to be show he is not biased by talking up the the other team.

I reckon Gary Freeman is the best. I don't actually mind Warren Smith, Gary Freeman or Greg Alexander. Wayne Pearce would be okay if he didn't go over and over the same thing. Also I reckon Belcher doe weel on the 20's comp with Stuart Raper.

Highly unlikely to change Mrs Long....the DragQueens will have started winning by then !!!!

Bennets bound to bring success to Saints, I believe he chose them out of a sense of guilt. He hurt them and their supporters pretty badly and I reckon feels duty bound to elevate them to Top Team status again. To my dying day I'll never understand why we ( the Board ) found it neccessary to replace the most successful coach in Nrl history with an inferior model.

Back on topic, I too found the commentary strangely biased towards a team being belted !!....No mention either about Gidleys try under the posts being assisted by a player coming through who impedes a defender from having a fair shot on Gidley. Funny thing about the game was the Broncos were described (particularly Hodges) as playing terribly (on regional radio in Nth central Qld). With 18 minutes to go radio 'experts' said Brisbane were virtually gone !!

I was surprised play continued with a severe electrical storm in progress given that golf tournaments are suspended even under much more benign conditions, Johns fears were valid and player safety seemed to be an afterthought, even humourous !!On YouTube a soccer match features multiple players being injured and single fans in massive crowds can be struck.

I guess the almighty dollar and the Networks ratings are more valuable than human life, strange way to treat what are so commonly referred to as our 'Heroes'.

The Broncos doctor actually did put in some sort of complaint.Commentators made jokes and went back to the old days and how they played.
Players must have been pretty scared [eusa_eh
Was on one of the TV programs that Bennett has been employed there more so as a 'marketing manager' 'who will rake in sponsors etc. as that club is not travelling too good.
As he said it is an historic club and he would love to be a part of that and I guess if he can rake in some dollars to get them back to where they should be would be good motivation.

Btw has been no talk of the family going with him and he is keeping very quiet about that. eusa_think

I doubt very much if he would go out of guilt. icon_smile All is fair in love and hate.

Btw has been no talk of the family going with him and he is keeping very quiet about that.

His grandkids are down there at least...

Active Now

• Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • Midean
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.