Todd Carney returns to Sydney

So something I am unsure of. Do contracts not have behavior clauses in them? If breached the club would be within their rights to sack player without it counting towards salary cap. I may be way off base here. But I would have thought that was a given

Tod Carney is an idiot .
What his biggest fck up was his choice of friends . A bloke taking a piss in the mens toilet should not be posted publicly . Guy who posted it should be sued .

Fool played some games at the piss trough . So what ?

Because you're a professional athlete and the spotlight is on you permanently for your whole career

The standards are higher, whether you like it or not

The Seven Network has been rocked by allegations sports reporter Josh Massoud has been suspended for making threats to a junior colleague.
Massoud has reportedly been disciplined by the network for allegedly threatening to “slit”a reporter’s throat and “shit down his neck” according to News Corp.
The rugby league reporter is said to have attended a meeting between the company’s human resources representatives and Seven’s news director Jason Morrison, culminating in Massoud’s suspension.

The journalist reportedly reduced the junior employee to tears while also abusing a producer over the incident.
It’s alleged Massoud lost his temper when the junior mistakenly published a story on Todd Carney, while the report was still under embargo.
Carney left North Queensland’s feeder club to be closer to his sick mother in Sydney and the journalist from Prime’s regional Queensland network, accidentally published the piece to social media before it aired on the network’s 6pm news bulletin.

Hadley famously slammed Massoud on his radio show in 2014, claiming "other journalists simply despise him, as they tell me, or in the broader rugby league community where he’s equally despised."
The veteran broadcaster accused Massoud of attacking his family on social media and also lashed the Seven reporter for the way he covered the NRL's investigation into Manly for match fixing.
NRL fans have reacted to the news on social media, with several Twitter users heavily critical of the sport reporter over the incident.
Seven has been contacted for comment over the incident.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/05/03/16/21/seven-reporter-josh-massoud-threatens-colleague

Pretty much every reporter is a ****. Even the ones where you think they might not be too bad, they are just better at hiding their cuntness.

North Sydney Bears have snagged Todd Carney and Souths are not happy.

They are reportedly going to end North's status as their feeder club because of the signing.

North Sydney Bears have snagged Todd Carney and Souths are not happy.

They are reportedly going to end North's status as their feeder club because of the signing.

They made clear last week that they wouldn't play him either. I wonder if they're pissed off because legally they can't say they won't pick him?

They made clear last week that they wouldn't play him either. I wonder if they're pissed off because legally they can't say they won't pick him?
Why is that mate? Surely if he's not in the squad of thirty, he can't be picked anyway?

No idea. I thought that was the case when Manly back flipped on Hastings.

Manly backflipped because their 5/8 Lachlan Croker ruptured his ACL and was ruled out for the season.

No idea. I thought that was the case when Manly back flipped on Hastings.

the difference is that Hastings was/is a Manly contracted player inside their top 30 ...

Carney has no contract with Souths, meaning they could pretend that he doesn't exist ... in fact since he would be outside of Souths 30 man squad, i don't think they could even name him to play without the NRL granting them an exemption

the difference is that Hastings was/is a Manly contracted player inside their top 30 ...

Carney has no contract with Souths, meaning they could pretend that he doesn't exist ... in fact since he would be outside of Souths 30 man squad, i don't think they could even name him to play without the NRL granting them an exemption

I don't disagree with any of it. I'm just trying to make sense of why it's being made out to be a big issue for Souths. Maybe the NRL will put pressure on them to play him.

I don't disagree with any of it. I'm just trying to make sense of why it's being made out to be a big issue for Souths. Maybe the NRL will put pressure on them to play him.

possibly ....

more than likely the NRL media didn't have enough to blow out of proportion that week

Active Now

• Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Ondi
  • bb_gun
  • BooKhaki
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • Swordfish
  • NSW stables
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.