Todd Carney

broncospwn said:
What a cop out...

"Footy's going to be a part of the way he gets himself back into good health all-round," Smith said.

"If Todd completes every training session the way we hope he will he'll be available for the Sharks game Sunday week."

So much for indefinite suspension. IF he was a shit player he'd be gone for the year, probably contract terminated too but instead he gets a two week break.
Nothing wrong with that... [icon_shady

broncospwn said:
What a cop out...

"Footy's going to be a part of the way he gets himself back into good health all-round," Smith said.

"If Todd completes every training session the way we hope he will he'll be available for the Sharks game Sunday week."

So much for indefinite suspension. IF he was a shit player he'd be gone for the year, probably contract terminated too but instead he gets a two week break.
a two week break, just long enough to get his groin injury healed.

Nice work Rorters. [icon_non

broncospwn said:
What a cop out...

People seem to be forgetting that his biggest crime is that he lied to the team and went out on the piss. Far worse crimes have been committed in the past few years that haven't seen the players benched for a season. Nate Myles shitting in a hallway, Dugan driving without a licence, Benji punching everyone he ever meets at a club, Lui beating his pregnant missus... the only incidents I recall off the top of my head where a player has been dropped were Greg Bird and Carney himself - although in that incident, Carney had assaulted a bloke.

broncospwn said:
So much for indefinite suspension.
you do know the meaning of 'indefinite' dont you? "out for an indefinite amount of time" isnt always a long time, its just used when they dont know how long its going to be. could be 1 week, could be the whole season.

i think the punishment was too severe anyway.

Anonymous person said:
broncospwn said:
So much for indefinite suspension.
you do know the meaning of 'indefinite' dont you? "out for an indefinite amount of time" isnt always a long time, its just used when they dont know how long its going to be. could be 1 week, could be the whole season.

i think the punishment was too severe anyway.
Well then why not say two weeks. They said "indefinite" to get the media off their backs then two weeks later say he's good to go because they've been playing like shit without him.

If it was any other player I would say he doesn't deserve to be dropped at all but he promised gallop, the CEO of the NRL and the Roosters that he wouldn't drink and then he goes and drink after taking time off training and watching his mates play because he wanted to be WITH HIS FAMILY.

All he got was as mrslong said, a two week break to heal his groin injury, suspension my ass.
It only annoys me because the amount of pathetic behavior that comes out of that pathetic club which brings the game down and they do pretty much nothing about it.

Carney should have been under probation the minute he signed with the Chooks.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.