Top 20 Roo's of last 3 decades - Dean Ritchie

Big Pete said:
yes you could, and youd be right.

[icon_confu How? Because AP said so?

2003 Ashes, 2005 Tri Nations and 2006 Tri Nations were all great contests too Coxy. Also Game 1 of the 2009 Four Nations was better than anything produced in the Origin series in 09.
no, because anyone that watched tests back then and since then would know that back then they were real contests. you never went into it expecting Australia to win by 40 like you do every single time theres a test match these days.

The Rock said:
Therefore they should be rated purely on their performance for the Kangaroo's, regardless of the opposition.
disagreed.

so you think that say Watmough scoring 3 tries against PNG would be equal to Lockyer scoring 3 tries against a fully-fit and firing on all cylinders Kiwi team? when a team used to thrash the western suburbs you never went 'woah theyre awesome theyre gonna win the premiership!' - you went 'its only western suburbs, who cares?'. its the same with test matches. scoring 3 tries against a team that can barely put up a fight on their best day is a LOT different to scoring 3 tries 15 years ago where matches were 80 minute contests between 2 pretty evenly matched teams.

By 15 years you're meaning Pre-Super League right AP?

This reminds me of the argument somebody made about Thurston being the better Queensland halfback than Alfie.

Big Pete said:
This reminds me of the argument somebody made about Thurston being the better Queensland halfback to Alfie.

Thurston has time on his side for that.

draggx said:
Big Pete said:
This reminds me of the argument somebody made about Thurston being the better Queensland halfback to Alfie.

Thurston has time on his side for that.
Yep, it could happen if Thursto can get his crap together off the field and get his ego straightened out...he has an incredible competitive drive and vision on the field.

Broncos fans may have to brace themselves for the eventuality that Alf will be surpassed as the best halfback of all time (which he clearly is at the moment, never mind that other fellow certain sectors appear to worship)

Ricky Stuart played 9 times for Australia compared to Langer who played 22 times most of which were at the expense of Stuart. How someone could rate his performances for Australia above Langer's is retarded (regardless of all the other dumb errors he has made).

- JT still has a lot to go before he can reach Langer status but don't disregard it IMO. Not as a player - but what he's done for QLD sinice 06 should be recognised. He's played an integral part and I must say I have a lot of respect for what he's done in the origin arena.

- Origin is the pinnacle of RL - should be promoted accordingly. Test footy is NOT - and should openly be promoted and organised as so. Someone suggested a 3 match NZ series at the end of the year. I like the sound of that. They should look to reformat the INT RL scene IMO.

- The list is garbage. Assuming the list is for 'kangaroo' players and going by their test careers. Joey at 2 is embarrassing. I like Joey but I followed his test career and he was barely the starting 7 anyway. He was good here and there but he wasn't there consistenly enough. To be rated 2 is [icon_drun [icon_drun D Ritchie has some wack opinions anyway... I also reckon he just says shite to cause debate.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Organix
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.