Top 5 halfbacks.

Who is the best halves in the NRL?

• Total voters
Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Ok, so here is the scenario.

You are a CEO of the newly established NT Buffaloes.

You have to find a halfback for your team. You have the following players profiles in front of you;

Prince
Thurston
Cronk
Wallace
Inglis
Lockyer (you bin it, because he hasn't got enough years left in him)

Now the 2 things you have to bear in mind....you have tried to secure the services of the greatest player in the NRL (Cam Smith), but were unable to. Also, you may be able to secure Inglis at CENTRE, which is his real psoition anyways.

So, who do you go and why?

For me, I go JT, because, him and Prince are neck and neck the 2 best halves in the comp...hands down. Cronk is great, however without Smith, compared to these 2 he isn't at the top level. I wouldn't go for Inglis, because quite frankly, he is the world's greatest centre, playing out of position in the halves. IMO, this leaves JT and Prince; JT's organisational and kicking (short and long) get him over the line)

Yours?

Between Thurston and Prince, hard to pick but I would go with Thurston because he has an X-Factor that can get teams over the line.

LOLZ. 6 for JT already. WOW! I guess I do know some stuff after all [icon_shady

Thurston just edges out price. Less injury prone and slightly more versatile IMO.

Scotty said:
Thurston just edges out price. Less injury prone and slightly more versatile IMO.
Agree...you just beat me to it.

JT FTW.

I'd take Prince although i am slightly biased as he is one of my favorites. JT has an attitude problem that I wouldn't want around a club I was running.

The Rock said:
Scott Prince for sure. I seriously cannot find a weakness in his game. Even behind a beaten forward pack he has at times this year shown what brilliance he has. There have been a few games where the Titans were without 2-3 of their top forwards yet he still came up with a brilliant, game turning play. This guy is one of the most composed halfbacks I have ever seen - Even in a beaten side this guy stands out. There aren't many players in our game that could do that.

Not only that but he's probably going to play more games than Thurston per year, so you'd want someone who's going to be there for most of the 26 rounds.

2 broken legs and a broken arm might not help that [icon_wink

Can't see anything you have said there that Thurston can't do. Thurston in 2007 carried the Cowboys all the way to the preliminary final on the back of a woeful forward pack and O'Donnell out for most of the season.

It's tough between Prince and Thurston

I'd go Prince. He's been in a situation of being at a brand new club with players that he's never played with before. He's been absolutly marvelous for the Titans since day dot. And we've seen this year how much the club and the players have been moulded around him (possibly a bad thing in a way, cause they lose when he isn't there).

That's not taking anything away from JT who the cowboys often fail without. But Prince has been at a club starting from scratch and the fact he has played the best football of his career in the last 2 years while having to create bonds with players and find out what's gunna work with what players and all that jazz.

I gotta say also, there are so many games where the Cowboys lose even with Thurston being outstanding. The bloke is just everywhere, clean up defence, diving on loose balls, making the last ditch effort to stop a bloke scoring, give me JT any day.

Prince FTW, i think he is the best half in the game

Scott Prince would be my pick.

He and Thurston are pretty much equal anyway.

Thurston for mine. I think Prince is more like a Cronk kind of player. Follows the game plan well, a robot to some extent. Whereas Thurston plays the moment. Has that extra flair in him.

Prince for mine because he can get the team playing around him. JT proved to me this year he is not as good a team organiser or team player and not as effective without Bowen drawing some of the heat.

Rep teams JT all the way though.

LOL at Rock. What did he do to you and your dog? JT is golden!

I think I would go JT by a whisker over Prince with Wallce third.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.