TPJ and Unregistered Third Party Agreement

I'd love to know the breakdown of the NRL $1.5 mill marketing fund.

1.1 mill to chooks players and 400k to others I'm betting

The other 400k is for the team sponsored by Steggles and is open to an added 0 on the end depending on who is sought to be signed.

Yes, help me out with this, if there is no signed agreement what is there to register? It sounds like there was a verbal proposal for a third party agreement that was never consummated. At worst there may have been a verbal agreement to agree. If this is the extent of the allegation, there does not apepar to be anything in it.

Kent and Crawley saying om NRL 360 that the NRL need come down hard on the club to stop this happening again

potential penalties they are talking about were loss of competition points next year and possibly a reduced salary cap

Crawley also brought up Andrew Gee

Ikin keep coming in reminding people this was only allegations at this stage

Kent and Crawley saying om NRL 360 that the NRL need come down hard on the club to stop this happening again

potential penalties they are talking about were loss of competition points next year and possibly a reduced salary cap

Crawley also brought up Andrew Gee

Ikin keep coming in reminding people this was only allegations at this stage

Brent Read too was urging caution. So too was Rothfield last night.

Has it been explained why TPJ would spill the beans? How would telling this tale to the integrity commission help his cause?

Kent and Hooper will be hoping that's not the case as they are loving kicking us in the guts while we are down

They also love kicking us while we're up, halfway up, halfway down, and anywhere else for that matter.

I did say that I'm not sure who is responsible for registering the TPA.

Why is it not also required to register with the NRL at the same time??

By the time it gets to the club it should be a formality as they can't source it or negotiate with the third party.

If the manager isn't also sending it to the salary cap auditor then that opens up potential for a club to rort the system.
"Oh Rob's chicken shop is putting in a $5k TPA for a guest appearance... why dont we just add another zero in there and flick it off to the NRL".

It also allows the club to see how much extra a player is getting on top of his salary and who potential TPA's are.... why should the club be given that sort of information??

"Oh look here old mate is getting $100k pa from the local Mercedes dealer... guess if he signs elsewhere he'll basically lose that so we can undersell him a bit"

I understand that the NRL may want clubs to be aware of TPA's for completeness, but it definitely shouldn't be a situation where the onus is on the club to disclose something that they're not meant to have any involvement in
Clubs need to be aware of and agree to any TPAs so they can manage any conflicts of interest before a deal is registered. Imagine a player is offered a TPA doing ads for Big Bill's Boats - this doesn't conflict with any of our other sponsors so no worries. Another gets offered a deal with Mercedes-Benz, could be an issue there as our major sponsor is KIA. Paul White has to speak to KIA and it turns out it's all good - their marketing wankers are sure there's very little overlap between the wankers who buy Mercs and the wankers who buy KIAs. Yet another player enjoys his local craft brewery and they'd like to pay him to turn up and have a few drinks with the locals every other Sunday. Uh oh, it turns out Mr Fourex doesn't like being two-timed, and even though the deal is completely at arms-length it still cannot go ahead.

Yes, help me out with this, if there is no signed agreement what is there to register? It sounds like there was a verbal proposal for a third party agreement that was never consummated. At worst there may have been a verbal agreement to agree. If this is the extent of the allegation, there does not apepar to be anything in it.

like TPJ's bank account.

I am sure however that the NRL will go a hunting for peppercorns, and the penalties will start flowing on the field on Friday night

Has it been explained why TPJ would spill the beans? How would telling this tale to the integrity commission help his cause?
He's that dumb he would have got asked a question like what's making you unhappy Tevita?
Uhhh I signed up for Brisbane and I've done everything I can and uhhh they didn't even make that sick deal I uhhhh had go through.

alarm bells went off, real questions started.

They also love kicking us while we're up, halfway up, halfway down, and anywhere else for that matter.

Clubs need to be aware of and agree to any TPAs so they can manage any conflicts of interest before a deal is registered. Imagine a player is offered a TPA doing ads for Big Bill's Boats - this doesn't conflict with any of our other sponsors so no worries. Another gets offered a deal with Mercedes-Benz, could be an issue there as our major sponsor is KIA. Paul White has to speak to KIA and it turns out it's all good - their marketing wankers are sure there's very little overlap between the wankers who buy Mercs and the wankers who buy KIAs. Yet another player enjoys his local craft brewery and they'd like to pay him to turn up and have a few drinks with the locals every other Sunday. Uh oh, it turns out Mr Fourex doesn't like being two-timed, and even though the deal is completely at arms-length it still cannot go ahead.

@Mr Fourex will drink to that.

TPJ isn't even on the field enough to justify his 700k price tag, yet alone an 800k one.

He's that dumb he would have got asked a question like what's making you unhappy Tevita?
Uhhh I signed up for Brisbane and I've done everything I can and uhhh they didn't even make that sick deal I uhhhh had go through.

alarm bells went off, real questions started.
I can hear his voice reading that mate haha. I would put money on this all stemming from the Hooper interview. Its all to conveniently timed post his exclusive one on.

Last edited:
We don't and the explanation is TPJ is an idiot.
So in a nutshell, TPJ is blowing up because he hasn't been paid for some deals that fell through due to Covid and according to Kent and Hooper, we are going to get next year's points docked and our salary cap cut because we didn't notify the NRL of the deals that fell through due to Covid and that were never paid?

So in a nutshell, TPJ is blowing up because he hasn't been paid for some deals that fell through due to Covid and according to Kent and Hooper, we are going to get next year's points docked and our salary cap cut because we didn't notify the NRL of the deals that fell through due to Covid and that were never paid?

Yes. So you know, burn all the Broncos boats (that don’t exist but the facts never get in the way of a good rant)

Active Now

• Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • thenry
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Astro
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • rj9
  • Browny
  • Griffo
  • Waynesaurus
  • mrslong
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • Justwin
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.