RUMOUR TPJ to be sacked

I think thats why we havnt heard from the club yet Mchunt. I'd say its a fair bet that they are seeking external legal opinion around his contract. As in to terminate him and have cap relief etc. which would require working with the NRL. I honestly think he's played his last game for us. They would have come out with a fine and suspension period by now but nothing. Like you, its cheerio TPJ for me too.

Which is probably exactly what he wants and the reason he did this.

With Fifita gone and now tpj on the outer, will a young and impressionable Payne haas also get influenced as well?

I think thats why we havnt heard from the club yet Mchunt. I'd say its a fair bet that they are seeking external legal opinion around his contract. As in to terminate him and have cap relief etc. which would require working with the NRL. I honestly think he's played his last game for us. They would have come out with a fine and suspension period by now but nothing. Like you, its cheerio TPJ for me too.
Doubt it. No one is leading the club atm.

This coming into fruition would be perfect.

TPJ gone would be a great start moving into next year.

Does anyone think that it's more than a coincidence that following chain of events occurred after calls for his sacking a month ago?
1, Fifita signs with Titans
2. Rumours Niu will follow
3. Boyd announces he had wanted to play fullback all season - throws Seibs under the bus during presser
4. Club advises Seibold staying in Sydney for serious personal reasons after Souths loss - family relationship
5. Rumours of rift between Seibold and Staggs - Staggs wants out
6. Pangai Covid breach - Staggs best mate - Pangai shopping around on the market wants out
7. Langer Covid breach
8. Rumours of more players breaching covid bubble on the weekend - guess who?

Seibold is history, players and staff have lost all respect. The gamble didn't pay off - Broncos set back years after the decision of the board to sign a rookie coach to a 5 year deal after knifing 6 time premiership winning coach.

The media should stop describing him as an NRL star as well and call him what he is: a part time footballer.

so he gets find twice as much as the guy who wrote the rules and 4 times as much as the NSW player who broke stricter rules ...

yep sounds like the NRL are just as consistent as ever

I agree Bennett should have been fined more as well but I do agree with the fine for TPJ, this is deliberate and he is trying to get sacked.

so he gets find twice as much as the guy who wrote the rules and 4 times as much as the NSW player who broke stricter rules ...

yep sounds like the NRL are just as consistent as ever
Days after, knowing exactly what the punishment was and how much pressure this puts on the competition. This doesn’t deserve consistency.

I don't agree with that ...

we all know TPJ is stupid, we see it on the field on a weekly basis
This isn't being stupid, this is disobeying a rule they all know, and flaunting it at a public event. I agree with @Sproj

It's not like this is tackling someone too hard. This is breaking a rule that enables the entire competition to exist. If he had've returned to the club and this information would've come out after, he would've put the entire club into isolation and forfeited the next two weeks.

This was an outright **** act of wilful disobedience. The correct punishment should be to dismiss him from the competition, without pay.

Seriously, **** him. He's gone. He's the same as that quarantine guard who did his own risk calculation that ultimately led to Victoria's level 4 lockdown.

Last edited:
Kevvie:

“If Tevita does want to leave the club, well here’s an opportunity for him to get out. His actions indicate that he probably doesn‘t want to be in the system anyway. Tevita Pangai has taken it upon himself to not listen to those rules and put himself above the rules and above the team and above the club, which is extremely disappointing from my perspective and the game‘s perspective as well. We‘re all relying on these players to do the right thing … when rugby league players and sports people, in particular, don’t do the right thing it’s just really upsetting and disappointing in every respect.’’

JT on Tevita's breach:

“the stupidest of all, or could I say most selfish of all”.

McHunt

Last edited:
Kevvie:

“If Tevita does want to leave the club, well here’s an opportunity for him to get out. His actions indicate that he probably doesn‘t want to be in the system anyway. Tevita Pangai has taken it upon himself to not listen to those rules and put himself above the rules and above the team and above the club, which is extremely disappointing from my perspective and the game‘s perspective as well. We‘re all relying on these players to do the right thing … when rugby league players and sports people, in particular, don’t do the right thing it’s just really upsetting and disappointing in every respect.’’

maybe Kevvie is trying to tell TPJ something ... hoping he takes the hint and isn't there when he takes over from Seibs in 2021

Imagine the stress Paul White is under at the moment. Looking for a new job while the playing group implodes and explores new depths by the day.

The poor guy must have twitches every time he picks up his phone to check the latest mail.

Imagine the stress Paul White is under at the moment. Looking for a new job while the playing group implodes and explores new depths by the day.

The poor guy must have twitches every time he picks up his phone to check the latest mail.

Not stressed enough to do anything about the situation clearly. The bloke has checked out and is a big reason for the shit we are in now and will be for years so I fucking hope he is stressed.

“You reap what you sow”

why would he be stressed ... unless his new job is the CEO of another NRL team (which it won't be), his potential new employer won't give a flying **** how we are performing on the field.

The only thing his new employer will care about is his financial record.

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.