RANT Transgender inclusion in sports.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019

So what is your opinion on this?
Personally i think it is a farce and will do far more damage to both sport, and transgender rights than anything else.

Firstly i dont care if people want to change their gender to suit their view of themselves or what gender they truly believe they are, but when it impacts the legitimacy of a naturally born female to compete then you have to question its merit.

Funny how you dont see any female to male transgender athletes destroying their competition and breaking world records.

Regardless of your views on transgender rights, you cannot avoid the conversation of biology and the fact that people like Laurel were born a man, have a males bone structure/density and have lived the better part of their life with far higher testosterone levels than a female athlete in the same sport.

I truly believe transgender individuals should only be allowed to compete as the gender they were born.

Imagine you are a woman who has trained her ass off her whole life, made numerous sacrifices and dedicated yourself to something you love, only to be completely destroy by what is essentially a man on HRT who has had his **** cut off.

I may be an old fart, but what the **** happened to common sense?

Of course it gives them a huge advantage, but I'm just going to find it entertaining, mostly cause I'm really looking forward to see how some people react if Hubbard wins gold.

I'm all for it, especially for high strength and combat sports.

It might be the only thing that gives the olympics any entertainment value these days.

I'm all for it, especially for high strength and combat sports.

It might be the only thing that gives the olympics any entertainment value these days.
I would 100% back down on my opinion on this if a transgender female to male entered the UFC as a heavyweight and kicked Francis Ngannou's ass.
Otherwise its a joke and i cannot understand how this is being allowed.

Is it any less fair than Kevin Hart wanting ro play NBA when guys like Lebron exist?

Is it any less fair than Kevin Hart wanting ro play NBA when guys like Lebron exist?

Lol, this is such a warped way of looking at it. I'm going to assume you're taking the piss.

It's incredibly stupid that any transgender individuals can compete in women's sport. There's a very good reason that you never see any female to male transitions competing in men's sports, because they literally can't compete with men, even at the most amateur level of any sport where physicality, strength, speed, etc. is involved.

The same goes for the opposite transition, an amateur male sprinter that's not ranked in the top 1,000 in the world could "transition" in to the female equivalent event and break every world record in the books.

The world record for the women's 100 metre sprint is 10.49 seconds - I just looked it up, there is nearly 6,000 recorded faster times by a man, many of which were by amateurs.

There should unironically be a transgender Olympics or something, let them have their own little thing so they can stop ruining our fun.

I read, and re-read this comment 5 times to see if my sarcasm meter was working or not.
Still have not figured out if you are joking or serious.

Troll skills are on point if joking.

If Ale player x from broncos can do it then why can’t she?

Intolerant minorities 'winning'.

Seems to be a case of anybody pointing out the status of the women whose place she took, thus excluding her from the Olympics, is TERFed all over by the attackers on this front of the culture wars.

All a bit boring I find. Would like to see it taken to it's practical extreme.. I mean Lauren (formerly Gavin) Hubbard was a mediocre male athlete when he competed as a male, what will happen when excellent formerly male athletes transition?

They will play the discrimination card but just from a biological standpoint, it simply shouldn't be a thing

A bloke competing against women because he's got this psychological thing going on where he believes he's actually a woman

I have absolutely no issues if people want to change their genders (as long as they are old enough to make that decision themselves) ... as far as i'm concerned that's their own business.

However, like others have already stated in this thread, no-one who was born male should ever be permitted to compete in womens sport. being born male (even if they've taken the drugs had the operation or whatever) gives them an unfair advantage over those competitors that were born female.

Dave Taylor was a halfback born in a front rowers body but he never got to play halfback….

Why not just make a new category and run with three: men, women, those somewhere in between

Problem solvered.
I think they will eventually. Wouldn't have the numbers for it right now.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • cento
  • Galah
  • Financeguy
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • Nerd
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.