Trial 1: Broncos vs Cowboys

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Saturday February 7
- Broncos NRL v Cowboys – Mackay Stadium

It will be interesting to see which side Bennett picks..

Does he play it safe and uses reserves graders? Or does he give his star players a run so they can get a match under their belt before they go to England.

Hopefully it's not a repeat of the 2014 trial...

Didn't even watch any of the Nines, bring on the real format.

Most likely a bare bones side for this trial though.

At this stage I don't think it be playing Kahu in ANY of our pre-season games except for the last one, we really need to give this kid a chance to start an NRL season healthy.

At this stage I don't think it be playing Kahu in ANY of our pre-season games except for the last one, we really need to give this kid a chance to start an NRL season healthy.
IIRC, two of his injuries were during training... I don't think it makes that much of a difference tbh.

I didn't think we'd have these sort of trials because of the world club challenge.

Rehab group won't play- Copley, Reed, Gillett, Stagg and Oates will play against Reddy only. Dragons were in Mackay last night to play the Cutters it's a great up there to play.

IIRC, two of his injuries were during training... I don't think it makes that much of a difference tbh.

He did his two knee injuries in trials at Dolphin Oval at Reddy. Last year was training pre-9s I think

Rehab group won't play- Copley, Reed, Gillett, Stagg and Oates will play against Reddy only. Dragons were in Mackay last night to play the Cutters it's a great up there to play.

That's a great a news. Bupadabopy

Last edited:
This game won't be televised. I've checked.

And from what I've been told, there won't be a stream.

Would love to see the following for the first trial

1. Eden at fullback to see how he goes
2. All the fringe props named to see who is getting a bench spot for rnd 1. Gavet, Molo, Ofa, Garbutt, Dodds & Wallace all lining up
3. Maranta and Vidot on the wings
4. Parcell at hooker with the nikoramas on the bench

The one player I think deserves a shot is Winchurch. Was really surprised at his size and strength at the nines and he made some great one on one tackles. Kid was the best player for the Broncos IMO. If would have him just behind Copley and Hodges and ahead of Reed after his 9's performance.

[MENTION=8605]mitch222[/MENTION]

Can i just ask why Maranta ?
We already know what hes's capable of and how shocking he is, wouldn't you rather see if a rookie can prove himself to be better ?

@mitch222

Can i just ask why Maranta ?
We already know what hes's capable of and how shocking he is, wouldn't you rather see if a rookie can prove himself to be better ?

its harsh that maranta should be judged on that one call in the nines. he actually had a decent season last year and was improving. sure he made a mistake but its not like it was the grand final. his ability to catch a high ball has come on in leaps and bounds and his finishing wasn't to bad last year. its pretty harsh to judge him on one play in a tournament we didn't care about this year to start with

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Pablo
  • LittleDavey
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • something
  • broncsgoat
  • DrGee
  • Bish
  • levikaden
  • Maroon4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • Broncosgirl
  • Splinter
  • BroncoFan94
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Maddy
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.