Trial #1 vs. Cowboys Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Broncos v Cowboys, 8:15pm AEDT (7:15pm QLD local)
Referee: Adam Devcich; Assistant Referee: Brett Suttor; Touch Judges: Michael Wise, Clayton Sharpe
Broncos: 1. Jordan Kahu 2. Lachlan Maranta 3. Dale Copley 4. Jharal Yow Yeh 5. Stewart Mills 6. Zach Strasser 7. Kodi Nikorima 8. Martin Kennedy 9. Jake Granville 10. Jon Green 11. Joe Ofahehgaue 12. David Stagg 13. Todd Lowrie
Interchange: 14. Cameron Cullen 15. Marmin Barba 16. Daniel Vidot 17. Jordan Drew 18. David Hala 19. Jarrod Wallace 20. Frank Molo 21. Sebastian Martins
Cowboys: 1 Lachlan Coote, 2 Kyle Feldt, 3 Javid Bowen, 4 Kane Linnett, 5 Curtis Rona, 6 Doug Hewitt, 7 Robert Lui, 8 Scott Bolton, 9 Anthony Mitchell, 10 Ashton Sims, 11 Jason Taumalolo, 12 Tariq Sims, 13 John Asiata. Interchange: 14 Zac Santo, 15 Rory Kostjasyn, 16 Ricky Thorby, 17 Glenn Hall, 18 Sam Hoare, 19 Cameron King, 20 Ethan Lowe, 21 Matthew Wright, 22 Patrick Kaufusi.

Last edited:
Cowboys missing Winterstein, Tate, Morgan, Thompson, JT, Scott, Tamou & Riethmuller.

Interesting to note the selections of Taumalolo & Sims ahead of Hall - looks like Green is making good on his promise of developing JT3. Mitchell over King is also an interesting selection.

Away from those positions, the performance of Coote will be a key concern of theirs.

What about Ashley Graham? Did he retire?

Cheers mate. That means a nice cheap winger for my super coach team from the cowboys :D they got rid of that other youngster that debuted last year, umagi or something? Will be interesting to see who gets the spot

Damn, I was hoping to see Thurston play and see how he goes with Coote.

No club ever names their strongest team in the first trial.

Wayne Ugulia - for some reason he is still listed on Supercoach..

It looks like it will be Feldt coming in to the available wing spot for the season proper. He aint cheap though - after only 3 games in 2013 he's at 233k. It will be very interesting to see how Bowen and Rona go as they will be first cover for CTW.

Once a player is in there they can't scrap them - it'll play havoc with their database for all the teams who'd picked him. That, and it's possible he'll be signed by another club, so they just have to change his team info instead of having to re-add him from scratch again.

Really hope Coote plays well for them.

When do we name our side? Is it this afternoon?

Yeah, I am itching to see our squad. No doubt everyone will get a run at some point in the trials.

i think we'll name a pretty weak side (and thats fair enough), none of the big names will play.

BRONCOS
1 Jordan Kahu
2 Lachlan Maranta
3 Dale Copley
4 Jharal Yow Yeh
5 Stewart Mills
6 Zach Strasser
7 Kodi Nikorima
8 Martin Kennedy
9 Jake Granville
10 Jon Green
11 Joe Ofahehgaue
12 David Stagg
13 Todd Lowrie
Interchange
14 Cameron Cullen
15 Marmin Barba
16 Daniel Vidot
17 Jordan Drew
18 David Hala
19 Jarrod Wallace
20 Frank Molo
21 Sebastian Martins

Interesting line-up.

Maranta and Mills being preferred over Vidot isn't a positive sign IMO.

Neither is Green over Hala, Molo & J. Wallace.

Ofahengaue receiving a starting birth is very interesting, I think he'll be a bolter this season for the Origin period.

Cowboys missing Winterstein, Tate, Morgan, Thompson, JT, Scott, Tamou & Riethmuller.

Interesting to note the selections of Taumalolo & Sims ahead of Hall - looks like Green is making good on his promise of developing JT3. Mitchell over King is also an interesting selection.

Away from those positions, the performance of Coote will be a key concern of theirs.
Gavin Cooper isn't playing either - you'd expect him to be the first edge backrower picked when fit.

Mitchell over King may not mean much as they could get equal minutes but I think a lot of people, particularly Cowboys fans, are overrating King and his chances of starting. He's about 2 years removed from being the future superstar he was being touted as in Toyota Cup - 2 years spent either injured or playing pretty poorly.

YOW YEH NAMED!!! WOOOHOOOO! Kahu at fullback too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • The Strapper
  • Rambstien
  • Lostboy
  • Kev_Guz
  • kman
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • MrMoore
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • broncs30
  • Santa
  • Mister Wright
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.