Trial #1 vs. Cowboys Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what time does the game start on Saturday night? I finish work at 6:30 in Newstead and could make the drive up there to be there around 7:15 or so...

Cheers.

7:15 kick off.

Just bumping to see if there is definitely someone going to the trial that I can send this banner out to? We're almost there, but if no one's going to display it then there's no point rushing it. It'd be pretty cool if it does happen though.

BUMPING AGAIN.

Anyone actually going? The banner is ready to go - planning on printing it in half an hour, but ONLY if someone is actually going to the trial game and is happy to bring it with them.

Anyone?

BUMPING AGAIN.

Anyone actually going? The banner is ready to go - planning on printing it in half an hour, but ONLY if someone is actually going to the trial game and is happy to bring it with them.

Anyone?

Hey Morks I might be going, Well I hope I'm going but havent got the ok from the missus yet, not that I have asked yet. Will ask tonight and let you know

Seriously guys, someone better go to the game and display the banner [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] has come up with.

It is legit a more impressive work of art than the Mona Lisa and Whistler's Mother combined!

Hey Morks I might be going, Well I hope I'm going but havent got the ok from the missus yet, not that I have asked yet. Will ask tonight and let you know

Roughly what area do you live (Brisbane North, South, Deep South etc) again? I need to make sure that if I print it tomorrow I have time for the courier to get it to you. And you'll need a buddy to hold the other side...

I was thinking about recording the game on my iPhone. If I can get a good spot.

to get a decent spot it sounds like you'll need to get there quite a few hours early - and in that case your iphones battery will be dead before kickoff :D

still dont understand why people are concerned about who is and who isnt in the starting lineup...

Especially over the first trial which more or less is a side largely based on depth, players will get rotated during it anyway.

Personally I'm just thrilled to see Yow Yeh there, anything else is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Roughly what area do you live (Brisbane North, South, Deep South etc) again? I need to make sure that if I print it tomorrow I have time for the courier to get it to you. And you'll need a buddy to hold the other side...

A buddy you say? Hmmm that complicates things lol

I'll be there and I'll probably cry when Yow Yeh runs on....just so you all expect it when you see it!!!!

Good team for a trial match. The new recruits Kennedy, Lowrie, Mills and Vidot getting a run along with Strasser getting a shot in the five-eighth spot, Granville getting a shot at hooker and Yow Yeh playing his first Broncos game for a couple of years.

Right on. Any idea if the place will be packed? Chances of getting a park etc etc?

On a night that's good weather, they usually pull in about 10k give or take a couple of thousand so chances are they will be packed. You would be able to find a place to park and find a place to sit, but how good that is depends on when you get there. Within the first couple of hours of the gates opening, all of the good spots would be taken. But you would be able to find a spot. If you want a great spot, you would need to get there when the gates open.

Parking is not really an issue. There are places all up Klinger RD and Ashmole RD where you can park. You might have to prepare for a bit of walking, though.

Word of advice, eat before you go. The lines are extremely long. I missed out on an entire half of footy in 2009 because they only had 1 canteen open.

to get a decent spot it sounds like you'll need to get there quite a few hours early - and in that case your iphones battery will be dead before kickoff :D

Unfortunately, that's most likely going to be the case. I'm looking into sneaking in a video camera with a small tripod.

Very excited to hear about how Copley goes in the centres, and obviously how Yow Yeh plays too. Both Strasser and Kahu will be ones to keep an eye on too, since apparently they are the only contenders (unless Griffindor somehow sneaks Barba into the halves later on). Also hoping Granville and Maranta have good games. Granville, because I always though a speedy hooker off the bench is one of the most underrated tactics, and Maranta because I want him to improve on last year, and not wither away like Michaels.

On a night that's good weather, they usually pull in about 10k give or take a couple of thousand so chances are they will be packed. You would be able to find a place to park and find a place to sit, but how good that is depends on when you get there. Within the first couple of hours of the gates opening, all of the good spots would be taken. But you would be able to find a spot. If you want a great spot, you would need to get there when the gates open.

Parking is not really an issue. There are places all up Klinger RD and Ashmole RD where you can park. You might have to prepare for a bit of walking, though.

Word of advice, eat before you go. The lines are extremely long. I missed out on an entire half of footy in 2009 because they only had 1 canteen open.

Right on. Good info. Earliest I could get there is 7:15. Newstead to Redcliffe is a good 35-40 mins.

No Adams in the team, that's interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncomax
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.