Trial #2 vs. Titans Pre-Match Discussion

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
You've got to wonder about the sense of having a trial on the same weekend as the 9s. A mid week trial would have made more sense or no trial at all.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
is this trial still going ahead?

Tony Webeck@TonyWebeck 12m
Having missed @NRLAKL9s selection, @brisbanebroncos stars Ben Hannant, Daniel Vidot and Marmin Barba will play trial game for @JetsRLFC.

maybe they feel the ISC will provide a stronger warm up?
Maybe without the 9s players the Titans and us don't have enough senior players to field a full side so we're doing a Broncos+Jets vs Titans+Seagulls trial. Makes sense as it would be hard to field a backline with the players we have available. Barba, Cullen, Vidot, possibly Maranta are the only ones outside the Holden Cup guys that I can think of, and from memory the Holden Cup guys usually play their own trial vs the Titans.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
yeah - i think warriors are playing a trial tomorrow vs wigan

it would make sense that hannant/vidot/etc would be over in NZ early in the week anyway to train with the full team since griffo said previously the warriors trial will basically be a dress rehearsal for rnd 1

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
You've got to wonder about the sense of having a trial on the same weekend as the 9s. A mid week trial would have made more sense or no trial at all.
The non-9s players still need to have a hit-out, especially fringe players. The Warriors trial is usually full strength with a 5 man bench, so fringe players not picked in the 9s only have the Cowboys trial and this one to impress and get match-fitness.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Maybe without the 9s players the Titans and us don't have enough senior players to field a full side so we're doing a Broncos+Jets vs Titans+Seagulls trial. Makes sense as it would be hard to field a backline with the players we have available. Barba, Cullen, Vidot, possibly Maranta are the only ones outside the Holden Cup guys that I can think of, and from memory the Holden Cup guys usually play their own trial vs the Titans.

One game is at Wynnum and one game in Ipswich.

Don't think Bears and the other Seagulls would be too happy about Titans helping Wynnum.

Last edited:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Agreed

Most of the squad will be over at the 9's playing or supporting the team demoting this trial to a game compromising of under 20's players. Takes away a fan's interest and although I still want to win as always I couldn't really care about it.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Players going to their allocated side.

Norths- Reed, McGuire, Maranta, Yow Yeh and Molo.
Jets- Hannant, Vidot, Barba.
Dolphins- Hala, Green, Cullen.

Titans taking their whole side to NZ meant the Broncos had to pull out or they would of been playing a 20's side. Call was made yesterday to put the guys into their QLD Cup side.

Jets v Bears
Reddy v Norths

Not ideal for those sides to get lumped with these guys for their last trial.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
So the trial is still happening and it's just going to be an U20's trial instead?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
If the game was played does anyone know the result?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It's being played tomorrow night.

Anyone going to the game?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
It's being played tomorrow night.

Anyone going to the game?

I was going to but I decided against it when I heard they'd changed it. I wonder if they offered refunds?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I was going to but I decided against it when I heard they'd changed it. I wonder if they offered refunds?

Wynnum offer refunds? That'll be the day. They should offer refunds, but if I remember correctly, technically they don't have to refund a thing. I've found every club would be more than willing to take that path.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I was going to go, but I can't make it anymore unfortunately. I'm hoping whoever goes on here will keep us updated on the scores.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Wynnum offer refunds? That'll be the day. They should offer refunds, but if I remember correctly, technically they don't have to refund a thing. I've found every club would be more than willing to take that path.

Well it was hyped as the Broncos team not their under20s and to change it so soon to the date is ridiculous. I doubt most the fans going will even know it was changed.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Broncos all trained last night with their ISC side.

Unread

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • BroncosAlways
  • Swordfish
  • Redfern_1980
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Seibs
  • sooticus
  • teampjta
  • Spooky1013
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.