TRIAL 3: BRONCOS 6 v COWBOYS 26

SATURDAY FEB 26, 8PM (QLD TIME), 9PM (COCKROACH TIME): BRONCOS v COWBOYS. BB PRINT STADIUM, MACKAY

WEATHER

GUSTY STORM CLEARING. 23 DEGREES.

ScreenFMVl9reVcAA97uv

BRONCOS TEAM
1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Billy Walters
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Cory Paix
10. Payne Haas
11. Kurt Capewell ©
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Ryan James
15. Keenan Palasia
16. Jake Turpin
17. Rhys Kennedy
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tyson Gamble
20. TC Robati
21. David Mead
22. Ezra Mam
23. Brenko Lee
24. Jamayne Isaako

COWBOYS TEAM
1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Valentine Holmes
4. Peta Hiku
5. Murray Taulagi
6. Tom Dearden
7. Chad Townsend
8. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
9. Reece Robson
10. Coen Hess
11. Heilum Luki
12. Jeremiah Nanai
13. Reuben Cotter

14. Jake Granville
15. Jordan McLean
16. Mitch Dunn
17. Tom Gilbert
18. Brendan Elliot
19. Scott Drinkwater
20. Griffin Neame

Match will be telecast on Fox/Kayo.

Other matches in @theshed Cockroach time. Subtract an hour for QLD:

4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

An insider has given me the secret names of the exit sets:

- the “Oates second tackle knock on”
- the “Flegler third tackle knock on”
- the “spread it wide aimlessly”
- the “Haas runs it over the sideline”
- the “forward pass between 2 props”
- the “kick it out on the full”

The Rhys Kennedy "be nice and aggressive" and lazily get the bloke around the jaw, concede the penalty and spend the next 15 minutes trying to get the ball back.

The Rhys Kennedy "be nice and aggressive" and lazily get the bloke around the jaw, concede the penalty and spend the next 15 minutes hearing from @Huge about how amazing Kennedy is and that he can’t be expected to hold the ball, he isnt.

Fixed it for you.

I won't be overly concerned if we don't win this game providing there are good signs from the performance. There are likely to be changes going on left right and centre given we've named a 25 man squad. I also have a feeling we've just finished up a heavy period of training so there's a chance the boys could be flat. In addition to that, the cows have named a pretty much full NRL squad so it won't be a walk in the park.

In saying that, we also have a pretty strong squad so i would expect us to throw a few punches and give this a good shake. Would only have real concerns should we go down heavily.

I really hope Selwyn locks down that fullback position, the more i look at the back line as it is today the more i like it. Having two wingers and a centre who are absolute meter eaters goes a long way towards ensuring we play football at the right end of the field.

Apart from that it would just be good to see our forwards do damage up the middle then our havles get the ball to our danger men off the back of it.

Our ball control and discipline has to improve from last week. One week of the "drops" and poor discipline can be forgivable but two weeks in a row becomes a trend. Regardless of if you're playing your 4th string team in a trial or your top team in a semi final, poor ball control is something that can't be excused.

Prediciton: Tom Deardon to have a once in a blue moon bilder of a game and Sunday morning headlines declaring him "the one that got away". Because that's just what ex broncos do when they play us.

I won't be overly concerned if we don't win this game providing there are good signs from the performance. There are likely to be changes going on left right and centre given we've named a 25 man squad. I also have a feeling we've just finished up a heavy period of training so there's a chance the boys could be flat. In addition to that, the cows have named a pretty much full NRL squad so it won't be a walk in the park.

In saying that, we also have a pretty strong squad so i would expect us to throw a few punches and give this a good shake. Would only have real concerns should we go down heavily.

I really hope Selwyn locks down that fullback position, the more i look at the back line as it is today the more i like it. Having two wingers and a centre who are absolute meter eaters goes a long way towards ensuring we play football at the right end of the field.

Apart from that it would just be good to see our forwards do damage up the middle then our havles get the ball to our danger men off the back of it.

Our ball control and discipline has to improve from last week. One week of the "drops" and poor discipline can be forgivable but two weeks in a row becomes a trend. Regardless of if you're playing your 4th string team in a trial or your top team in a semi final, poor ball control is something that can't be excused.

Prediciton: Tom Deardon to have a once in a blue moon bilder of a game and Sunday morning headlines declaring him "the one that got away". Because that's just what ex broncos do when they play us.
My biggest concern is defence and errors. We will have an almost full strength starting line up so the first half at least is worth reading into because that will be close to our round 1 team. If we lose the first half 6-4 I’d be happier than winning it 26-24. Just defend and hold onto the pill. The attack can develop through out the season.

The Rhys Kennedy "be nice and aggressive" and lazily get the bloke around the jaw, concede the penalty and spend the next 15 minutes trying to get the ball back.
Who is the least penalised Bronco forward?

Blocking on an internet forum is such a weak thing to do, generally done by people who don't trust themselves to win an argument, so they need to avoid it.
Sometimes it's not about winning arguments why it's done. People just might not want to have the way others go about things in their lives.

I think there are likely to be a fair few handling errors in wet conditions tonight. If it happens it will be interesting to see how we handle it because in the past few years we haven't been able to.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • Horseheadsup
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • animal eater
  • Jedhead
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • eggstar10
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.