TRIAL 3: BRONCOS 6 v COWBOYS 26

SATURDAY FEB 26, 8PM (QLD TIME), 9PM (COCKROACH TIME): BRONCOS v COWBOYS. BB PRINT STADIUM, MACKAY

WEATHER

GUSTY STORM CLEARING. 23 DEGREES.

ScreenFMVl9reVcAA97uv

BRONCOS TEAM
1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Billy Walters
8. Pat Carrigan
9. Cory Paix
10. Payne Haas
11. Kurt Capewell ©
12. Jordan Riki
13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Ryan James
15. Keenan Palasia
16. Jake Turpin
17. Rhys Kennedy
18. Corey Jensen
19. Tyson Gamble
20. TC Robati
21. David Mead
22. Ezra Mam
23. Brenko Lee
24. Jamayne Isaako

COWBOYS TEAM
1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Valentine Holmes
4. Peta Hiku
5. Murray Taulagi
6. Tom Dearden
7. Chad Townsend
8. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
9. Reece Robson
10. Coen Hess
11. Heilum Luki
12. Jeremiah Nanai
13. Reuben Cotter

14. Jake Granville
15. Jordan McLean
16. Mitch Dunn
17. Tom Gilbert
18. Brendan Elliot
19. Scott Drinkwater
20. Griffin Neame

Match will be telecast on Fox/Kayo.

Other matches in @theshed Cockroach time. Subtract an hour for QLD:

4pm — Sunday February 20: Panthers vs Sharks
6pm — Sunday February 20: Eels vs Dragons
7pm — Monday February 21: Bulldogs vs Knights
6pm — Friday February 25: Sea Eagles vs Raiders
8pm — Friday February 25: Roosters vs Tigers
3pm — Saturday February 26: Warriors vs Titans
5pm — Saturday February 26: Panthers vs Eels
7pm — Saturday February 26: Rabbitohs vs Dragons
5.45pm — Sunday February 27: Storm vs Knights
7pm — Monday February 28: Sharks vs Bulldogs

I would say we might see something like:

Fullback: Mead / Isaako
Wing: Herbie / Oates
Centre: Staggs / Lee
Centre: Lee / Herbie
Wing: Pereira / Cobbo
Five-Eighth: Walters / Mam
Halfback: Reynolds (60 mins) / Gamble
Prop: Haas / Jensen
Hooker: Turpin / Paix
Prop: Flegler / James
Second-Row: Capewell / Robati
Second-Row: Riki / Piakura
Lock: Hetherington / Carrigan

Others who will get some minutes: Kennedy, Bayliss-Brow, Gamble, Kelly, Quai-Ward, Hoeter if fit
I would love to see Cobbs and Herbie get some time at FB but doubt it will happen

I get a sneaky suspicion we will see a few shocks in the round 1 team list....... paix, cobbo and mam are all young and would have a lot of pressure put on them if there were to be part of our starting spine. Not saying all will be, just think 1 or 2 will. Which ones I'm not sure...

Depending on who the Cows name, I won't be comfortable unless we beat them by 20+

I just get the prime Segeyaro feeling when seeing Mam play, he will feature at some stage this year. He and Robati would provide great impact off the bench.

Walters may end up being the buy of the yr. Staggs is the only back that is locked into position and as for me and fb, geez youre asking for a bit there, even in prime 8 seasons ago was alot for the legs. I dont see any ball playing fbs in the squad so the route must go the Anthony Minichello way, busy rough n tumble.

Isaako
Cobbo
Staggs
Lee
Farnworth
Walters
Reynolds
Haas
Turpin
Carrigan
Capewell
Robati
Hetherington

Paix
James
Riki
Jensen / Palasia

Let's hope Isaako is nowhere near the fullback roll come round 1.

I think we should just bite the bullet and run with a Cobbo, Walters, Reynolds and Paix spine.

Give that spine 10 rounds to start gelling and run Niu off the bench in 14 when he returns.

Badel reporting that Reynolds is set to be ruled out of the final trial against the Cowboys due to "general soreness"

says we want to keep him in cotton wool for our season opener

Kevvie says:

“At this stage, Adam won’t play next week,” Walters said.

“We will see how he goes but he is not 100 per cent over the line.

“If he’s not OK next week against the Cowboys, we’re OK with that, we’ll just make sure he is fully fit for round one.”

“There’s no problems with his shoulder,” Walters said.

“He’s got some general soreness. We will talk to the doctors and physios during the week, but we don’t want to jeopardise Adam for round one.

“He has some soreness through his legs, we’ve had a big pre-season, and if you push someone, that’s when injuries can come, so it’s just a precautionary move really.

“If he isn’t feeling that great, I’d rather give him a spell for another few weeks.

“It’s a long season, so it’s important we look after Adam and make sure he has a good prep for round one.”

“I know Adam has played a lot of games, so that’s not the issue,” he said.

“It’s more the combinations and communication with others around him and the boys getting used to Adam’s style.

“You can do things at training but nothing beats playing games. It will be good to have Adam back on deck.

“He is great at building pressure and we missed that in this (Titans) trial.”

If Reynolds is ruled out of this final trial, I cannot help but think there is more to it.
Being the new general at the club, captain and also still not knowing who the 6 will be next to him, it would have been great to have seen the potential 6's get a true hit out with him before heading into the season.
Not to mention he hasn't played a second of real footy next to any of his new team mates or spine. K.Walters & Reynolds (if I remember correctly) only last week said that Adam would get some minutes in the final trial.
Something certainly isn't right.

I would say we might see something like:

Fullback: Mead / Isaako
Wing: Herbie / Oates
Centre: Staggs / Lee
Centre: Lee / Herbie
Wing: Pereira / Cobbo
Five-Eighth: Walters / Mam
Halfback: Reynolds (60 mins) / Gamble
Prop: Haas / Jensen
Hooker: Turpin / Paix
Prop: Flegler / James
Second-Row: Capewell / Robati
Second-Row: Riki / Piakura
Lock: Hetherington / Carrigan

Others who will get some minutes: Kennedy, Bayliss-Brow, Gamble, Kelly, Quai-Ward, Hoeter if fit
I would love to see Cobbs and Herbie get some time at FB but doubt it will happen
Other than the obvious challenges with fullback and if Walters combines well with Reynolds, it’s looking good on paper

Could be Covid or post Covid.

Ok, I'm starting to feel confident that barring injuries, this will be the round 1 team (all except fullback I'm pretty sure on and I am not saying this is what I would run out):

1. Farnworth / Cobbo / Mead / Isaako (I really don't know here BUT if they go with the 6, 7, 9 here, they can afford to go a rookie and either Herbie or Cobbo isn't going to be any worse than the other two)
2. Cobbo / Farnworth
3. Staggs (Locked in)
4. Lee (Locked in - need his defensive ability)
5. Pereira (Locked in)
6. Walters (90% Locked in - Mam could get this spot but only if Walters is at 14 and not Piax)
7. Reynolds (c) (Locked in)
8. Haas (Locked in)
9. Turpin (Likely first 20 and then Paix comes on)
10. James (Locked in - Flegler of course is suspended)
11. Capewell (Locked in - Likely on the right to marshal Staggs and Lee on the left to marshal left side (Strong side!))
12. Riki (Locked in barring injury)
13. Hetherington (Locked in)

14. Paix (90% Locked in)
15. Carrigan (Locked in)
16. Jensen (Locked in)
17. Robati (Locked in)

18. Mam (90% Locked in)
19. Kennedy (Locked in)
20. Gamble (Locked in)
21. Mead / Isaako (Not sure which)

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Lazza
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Organix
  • Spoon
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.