Trial #3 - Broncos vs Dolphins

Our speed is worrying. Who in our team is fast besides Milford who has admittedly bulked up? Copley has a bit but reed, hodgo and vidot are pretty slow. Can't see Oates having much either

kahu reed and vidot have all stated in pre-season they were trimming weight and working on adding speed.

obviously we wont know if thats happened until we see the proof. but the club is obviously aware of it.

Vidot and oates, while big and strong, is easily the worst winger combination in the nrl in terms of finishing a try.

Other teams have acrobatic, quick and nimble wingers to finish tries, we just have big guys that will have to use their size to barge over. I think we will miss out on a lot of tries that other teams would score easily.

Vidot and oates, while big and strong, is easily the worst winger combination in the nrl in terms of finishing a try.

Other teams have acrobatic, quick and nimble wingers to finish tries, we just have big guys that will have to use their size to barge over. I think we will miss out on a lot of tries that other teams would score easily.

It's like you didn't even watch Oates score a try from no where every week? Regarding his speed, he out ran Uate with the ball in his hands.

Aw well I think the positives' outweigh the negatives in this scenario.

It's like you didn't even watch Oates score a try from no where every week? Regarding his speed, he out ran Uate with the ball in his hands.

exactly

oates debuted late in 2013 and scored 8 tries in 9 games. was definitely not a mug on the wing.

That was close to two years ago.. He was young and has gained some significant size since.

That was close to two years ago.. He was young and has gained some significant size since.

He was massive back then too and is only 20 now. Deary me some of you are acting like they are moving Thaiday to the wing

He's weighing now at 107kg. He's been named there to get him game time and hit out post surgery. I'd still guess he will play ISC to start the year.

Oates isnt going to score a try that nightinggale, nofoluma, morris or simmons could score where their entire body is out of the field of play and they are still grounding the ball. Those are the tries that the broncos havent been able to score in years and Oates certainly isnt going to get them. Thats what im referring to. Sure he has speed, but he doesnt have the acrobatic skills

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on the oates v marants on the wing.

oates is tall, fast, strong, and the stats suggest he knows how to find the line as well (try line, not the sideline). He's scored 13 times from 29 games with limited minutes. Comparing that to marantas 12 tries from 42 games, I would have to assume that hes bombed more tries than that over the last 2-3 seasons.

So oates to the wing... I'm all for it!

Oates isnt going to score a try that nightinggale, nofoluma, morris or simmons could score where their entire body is out of the field of play and they are still grounding the ball. Those are the tries that the broncos havent been able to score in years and Oates certainly isnt going to get them. Thats what im referring to. Sure he has speed, but he doesnt have the acrobatic skills

That is very true, and I really hope that this kind of winger is something the broncos are targeting (not aware of any coming through our ranks). I think Oates is a great option for this year as it gets him on the field for 80 and seeing as we don't have those wingers available to us I think he is our best option

That is very true, and I really hope that this kind of winger is something the broncos are targeting (not aware of any coming through our ranks). I think Oates is a great option for this year as it gets him on the field for 80 and seeing as we don't have those wingers available to us I think he is our best option

Should see Chris Walker's running times- still damn fast!

Wish Carlin Anderson was given a go on the wing.

Dude is a monster who would sooner push his way over the line than get pushed out himself.

Should see Chris Walker's running times- still damn fast!

Walker was my favourite player when I was younger. It would be good to see him get a run again.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • MrRobot
  • winslow_wong
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.