Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I think Flegler definitely was better at the role of a bench forward tonight. He bent the line considerably more. Carrigan was stopped dead in his tracks a number of times.

In all seriousness, i didnt see Carrigan stopped dead. It always takes 3 blokes to stop him. Thought he was a lot better overall than Flegler. Thats not saying i think Flegler was poor either, i thought he had good impact.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, i didnt see Carrigan stopped dead. It always takes 3 blokes to stop him. Thought he was a lot better overall than Flegler. Thats not saying i think Flegler was poor either, i thought he had good impact.

You could be right, I'm not an expert on either player, and I'm definitely hoping Carrigan is the next big thing too. Flegler reminds me of Webcke a bit, so I'm on his hype train too I guess.

Every team aims to be higher than that but only six achieve it. It might be a little optimistic to think the Broncos can make the top 6 with this roster. They will be fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot.
I couldn’t disagree more. I don’t think it’s being optimistic. I absolutely expect this roster to make the top 4. Anything less will be catastrophic failure.

As for Carrigan v Flegler I thought Carrigan looked slightly better. He just looked a little less flustered at the step up in class and as though he could maintain the effort for bigger minutes. This is not a criticism of Flegler though. He looked good last week at a lower level and I thought he might struggle this week but he stepped up and had a go. Points victory for Carrigan.

As for Carrigan v Flegler I thought Carrigan looked slightly better. He just looked a little less flustered at the step up in class and as though he could maintain the effort for bigger minutes. This is not a criticism of Flegler though. He looked good last week at a lower level and I thought he might struggle this week but he stepped up and had a go. Points victory for Carrigan.

Honestly, as big a fan as i am of Carrigan, if i wanted a forward to come on and have big impact for a couple of short spells, i'd pick Flegler. Its suits how he plays as he is a bit of a lunatic and has great impact, could be ideal to unsettle teams and keep the rage going.

Wouldn’t be a bad thing at all if Joe O starts to feel the heat from Carrigan (and Flegler).

Honestly, as big a fan as i am of Carrigan, if i wanted a forward to come on and have big impact for a couple of short spells, i'd pick Flegler. Its suits how he plays as he is a bit of a lunatic and has great impact, could be ideal to unsettle teams and keep the rage going.
It feels super weird to defend Carrigan to you but if TPJ does his hammie early in the game I will be cheering the choice of Carrigan on the bench.

Wouldn’t be a bad thing at all if Joe O starts to feel the heat from Carrigan (and Flegler).

Yeah, I thought he was pretty underwhelming tonight all things considered. Overshadowed considerably by Lodge

Hope Kevvie was watching that one. Both him and Darius need to tread lightly when talking about origin returns. Not on tonight's showing anyway. Being unable to catch a ball has nothing to do with working with Benny all his career either.

I couldn’t disagree more. I don’t think it’s being optimistic. I absolutely expect this roster to make the top 4. Anything less will be catastrophic failure.

Couldn't agree more, and I reckon Milford will make a huge difference to this team, organising the attack for starters which nobody seems able to do at the moment, as well as his running, kicking and passing game taking this side to another level.

Can't wait

Hope Kevvie was watching that one. Both him and Darius need to tread lightly when talking about origin returns. Not on tonight's showing anyway. Being unable to catch a ball has nothing to do with working with Benny all his career either.

Maybe he misses Bennett and realised he’s under more pressure at that moment. Next minute it’s a dropped ball.

The game turned when Carrigan came on. Losing until that point, then his leadership and skills brought us a victory.
I was at the game and could hear Carrigans talk from the other side of the field.

1. Darius Boyd - 2/10 , he was like the opposite of Midas, everything he touched turn to shit. Didn't offer anything in attack and made mistakes in defence. Not what you want from a captain
2. Corey Oates - 5/10, few great runs up the middle, few mistakes, quiet second half
3. James Roberts 6/10, didn't do much except that one schoolboy run, didn't make any mistakes either though
4. Jack Bird 6/10 very quiet in attack, but offered a fair bit of mongrel in D
5. Jamayne Isaako 8/10 made no mistakes, was shut down on the wing but very very good when switched to full back, if Glenn turned the game in our favour - Isaako put the nail in the coffin.
6. Sean O’Sullivan 7/10 I liked what he brought to the table, few errors of judgement early on - but he directed the team well, I especially liked how he slowed it right down and called the play in the lead up to the drop goal.
7. Kodi Nikorima 7/10 so deceptive when he is on. Started slow but got better and better.
8. Matthew Lodge 8/10 The leader of the pack, making all the right decisions
9. Andrew McCullough 6/10 hard to tell, normal Macca performace. We seemed to lift after he left the field
10. Joe Ofahengaue 5/10 steady, quiet first half, good second half
11. Alex Glenn 8.5/10 no mistakes, beautiful lines running and a deserved hattrick MOTM
12. David Fifita 7/10 Always seemed to be there, apart from that dropped ball early not a lot wrong
13. Matt Gillett 6/10 13 isn't his position - but love / missed his enthusiasm and consistency
14. Kotoni Staggs DNP
15. Jaydn Sua 6/10 Solid without being flashy
16. Thomas Flegler 7/10 Strong intensity, what you want from impact forward
17. Shaun Fensom 7.5/10 Workhorse performance, did a lot right in my eyes
18. Patty Carrigan 7/10 Same output but different style to Flegler, healthy competition between the two
19. Jake Turpin 7.5/10 intensity seems to lift every time he is on the field and seems super reliable
20. Richard Kennar 6.5/10 backed up to score a try, great tackle with Gillet to keep pressure in the lead up to Isaako's try.
21. Gehamat Shibasaki 6/10 only the one run, but it was a good one.
22. Tom Dearden 5/10 Didn't see much of him, put a grubber dead but nice to see him have the confidence to make the play

It's nice that the players having good games outnumbered the players having bad games. Shame that our captain was by far and away the worst. I felt really at ease when the young guys were on at the end. Comfortable that they'd make the right decisions (which, they did)

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.