Trial #3 Warriors vs Broncos - POST GAME DISCUSSION

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Discuss everything, including your Griffin/coaching grievances in this thread.

Any hints, spoilers about this game are to be restricted to this and Live game threads ONLY!

This is my last warning!

It will take a magician of a sports psychologist to produce a Broncos win before Origin.

Seriously though, WTF have they done in the off-season?

SJ and Tomkins looked very exciting. Great for the neutrals, which is what we'll all end up being this year if there's not a major change in philosophy.

Warriors looked great, might have to support them until we sack Griffin and get Milford.

Thank god that is over, even though it was a trial game that performance was unacceptable and definite improvement is needed ASAP. It was Griffinball 2013 continued into this year.

Notes

- Halves looked out of their depth and were unable to capitalise on anything

- Lachlan Maranta hasn't improved and missed out on 2 try scoring chances

- Stewart Mills doesn't know how to defend on the wing although he did do some good things with the ball. If he works on defence he could turn out to be a good buy

- Fitness and defence (obviously) is still a major issue

- We will have trouble beating teams that are capable of scoring plenty of points like the Warriors. At least the Bulldogs attack isn't the flashiest in the game

Hopefully this is a wake up call and the team can rally, get themselves right and put up a decent challenge in the premiership.

We need a coach that can make a tough decision and bench a backrower so we can play two props. Kearney and Woolfe to go as well

I've come to the realisation after that game, that our fitness is still lacking, but more importantly.. we don't have any fast players.. our fastest player would be the Warriors 8th or 9th fastest.. How are we meant to play exciting Rugby League when we're the slowest and most unfit team?

Positive thinking.

Between now and round 1, LIKELY(hopeful?) changes:

- Maranta out, Vidot in
- Mills out, Hoffman (or Oates?) in
- Barba at FB
- One 5/8 for the entire game (maybe Nikorima... seriously I'm keen on the Gillett/Glenn safety option)

It will take a magician of a sports psychologist to produce a Broncos win before Origin.

Seriously though, WTF have they done in the off-season?

What they did wrong was that they made a scapegoat of the the wrong person...... (hint Thaiday)

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

Can't draw any positives, all the problems that existed last season were still present and if anything were even worse. Defence was absymal in all aspects & when it came time to apply our own pressure we just lolly-gagged around and gave ourselves no other option than to go for the lottery bomb.

With that said, we came up against a very good Warriors performance. I don't buy into the second gear comments at all, when you give the Warriors the authority to thump you, well, expect to get thumped. That was a top shelf performance from them and they deserve all the accolades.

I feel so sorry for the BHQ'ers who were staying away from the live chats and waiting for the delayed coverage on Nine.
[MENTION=2221]Porthoz[/MENTION], are u sure I can't warn them not to bother watching it? No Bronco fan deserves to go through that if they don't have to.

PS. To everyone else, stay away from twitter or any other forums, we are currently the laughing stock of the NRL ;)

So glad I didn't renew my membership after 6 years.

Won't be renewing until Griffin and Kearney are sacked.

the whole "it was just a trial" thing cannot be used here. we looked pathetic. i feel embarassed. i feel sorry for ben barba coming to ou club and he's going to be completely nuetralised by our lack of halves.

its fair to say that ben hunt would be struggling to make any other NRL side.

our forwards were just rolled over by the warriors.

Warriors deserve some credit . There are some saying they didn't go full tilt but they had one of their warriors day out. We've seen it before . Having said that we were exposed . I thought Copley was good with limited opportunities.

FMD I thought ST GEORGE were bad !!!!!!! Bye Bye Anthony,Stephen,Kristian............ S.O.S. Wayne S.O.S Karmichael
S.O.S. Andrew Fifita,Dylan Napa, and Ben Mataulino.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.