Trial #3 Warriors vs Broncos - POST GAME DISCUSSION

Warriors have been known to do this to teams and then go on to defeat themselves...

I cannot accept the fact our defense has not changed or improved, but I'm not surprised that we looked tired and unfit after the sheer possession dominance of the Warriors in this game. Without the ball, this will happen to any team...

Maranta on the wing... seriously, unless Vidot has been screwing around with discipline, he should get the gig. In fact, anyone of Vidot, Mills, Drew and even Yow Yeh (with his limitations) is better!

Hoffman at 5/8... LOL

I must be nuts, because I'm still hoping in my head that this was just a trial, we played the "on fire" version of the Warriors, and come round 1, it will be totally different...

On another mod note, we'll open up the Round 1 Pre Match Thread after the Channel 9 telecast to discuss what needs to happen before Round 1.

Otherwise, please leave those comments in here.

Well I'd love Griffin to leave before Rd1 and us sign a capable half. Also improve defence ten fold.

That's not too much to ask is it?

Also on a side not, why is it that every game (last year too) we seem to get steamrolled through the middle because we let the opposition play the ball far too quickly. Manly and Melbourne have one premierships because of their 'wrestle' in the ruck and slowing down the play, whereas we seem to let them jump up the instant they hit the ground. It's ridiculous.

I'll say exactly what I want when I want, you haven't even heard me complain yet. Wait till you see the same structures get trotted out again this year which exactly what I saw at Redcliffe.

Well this is exactly what I was talking about, one off structures are necessary sometimes but they don't cut it in todays game. We are just so predictable, our forwards are getting smashed every time we take the ball forward and it's far to physical a style which has to add to fatigue.

The Cowboys had some nice little plays around the ruck at Redcliffe particularly close to the line, the Warriors were 2 passes wide so often and nearly always had a second man play at the ready. They just fell into those structures so easily. There is only one reason we don't do it and we all know who that is.

The glass half empty tag just doesn't fit with me, now it's more like 90% empty.

"I'm keen on the Gillett/Glenn safety option"

Seriously?

These two guys have the worst defensive records of any second rower in the NRL combined over the past two seasons, as missed tackle/total tackle percentages. They compete amongst themselves for the number 1 position.

Bronco boosters need to understand that when your coach's favourite players are the worst in the league, then Broncs are only going to win one title this season - the big spoon.

If you wanted to avoid the score, you'd be an absolute idiot to come onto these forums and visit the Brisbane Broncos talk section. I know Porthoz made a warning and all, but seriously, if the game got spoilt because you came into Broncos talk then you shouldn't get sympathy. It'd be like going to a nightclub and complaining it's loud.

Besides, if someone didn't found out accidentally they were just done a public service. Now they know not to watch (well, unless they are SJ fans. Then you can watch the first half at least!)

Did you miss my point? :o_o:

Well I have been supportive of Hook but he has lost me now. Nothing has changed and I don't think he has any idea yet what the 17 will be for round 1

At this stage, I wouldn't be against Griffin choosing our best 13 purely based on defense.

Gillett and Glenn on to the bench, Stagg and Lowrie into the starting lineup, who gives a **** about offense when we are letting teams score that many points on us.

It really does look like nothing has changed since last season.

We are sterile.

Sandow would be an enormous upgrade on our current halves, and that's saying something.

#BringBackCoreyNorman

Just imagine how many more tries we would concede with the opposition forwards charging at him. You know your team's halves are in trouble when Sandow is a better attacking option. Off topic but I heard during the coverage that Parra picked Luke Kelly ahead of Sandow for Round 1.

At this stage, I wouldn't be against Griffin choosing our best 13 purely based on defense.

Gillett and Glenn on to the bench, Stagg and Lowrie into the starting lineup, who gives a **** about offense when we are letting teams score that many points on us.

Who gives a **** about offence?

BOTH facets of our game are woeful no matter which one you focus on.

It really does look like nothing has changed since last season.

We are sterile.

Yep. It's not even about losing a trial it's about how we've played and how nothing seems to have changed

There was a rumour circulating on another forum (sportal) that if we weren't performing by about round 5 or 6 that Griffin would be sacked and Neil Henry would get the gig ... not too sure how i feel about that TBH, considering his performances with what i beleive has been a strong Cowboys roster over the last few years

I was hoping to see a better attitude to D particularly the wrestle, I was hoping to see some subtle ruck moves second man plays or any attempt to get our runners one on one for a quick play the ball, I was hoping to see some type of kicking game.

I was hoping for way too much. Seriously we have NFI inside 20.

I'd take Neil Henry. He will have learnt a lot from the Cowboys debacle.

There was a rumour circulating on another forum (sportal) that if we weren't performing by about round 5 or 6 that Griffin would be sacked and Neil Henry would get the gig ... not too sure how i feel about that TBH, considering his performances with what i beleive has been a strong Cowboys roster over the last few years

Before he signed with the Cowboys I was a big Henry fan. The style of football he had the Raiders playing was very entertaining, the kind of style we haven't played since the early 2000's, and because of that I was quite keen on him when WB first left.

After seeing his results as the Cowboys I'm less convinced he's the answer, but if there's one thing I do think he'd do is make us infinitely more entertaining. I don't really know if he'd improve our attack much, but at least we'd play some fun footy. I'd rather lose 40-30 than 50-4.

Active Now

• Dash
  • dasherhalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bongo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Alec
  • pennywisealfie
  • Maddy
  • thenry
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.