Trial #3 Warriors vs Broncos - POST GAME DISCUSSION

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
There was a rumour circulating on another forum (sportal) that if we weren't performing by about round 5 or 6 that Griffin would be sacked and Neil Henry would get the gig ... not too sure how i feel about that TBH, considering his performances with what i beleive has been a strong Cowboys roster over the last few years

Neil Henry is a great assistant, but an average head coach.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Neil Henry would be a massive upgrade, fucking massive. If that rumour is true **** waiting until 5 or 6 rounds, get it done this afternoon

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
At this stage, I wouldn't be against Griffin choosing our best 13 purely based on defense.

Gillett and Glenn on to the bench, Stagg and Lowrie into the starting lineup, who gives a **** about offense when we are letting teams score that many points on us.
Lowrie's defense was pretty bad today. He was flat footed for just about the entirety of his unjustifiably long stint on the field.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This attitude will change when Broncos beat Bulldogs. Mark my words.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I hope so. Like someone already said, this hiding might serve as a wake up call to the players and get their head straight...

I know, I'm a hopeless optimist.

FTR, we have a great gap in the halves that needs to be resolved, but besides that, it is my belief we have a good roster. This is not worthy of the players we have!

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i think barba is going to have to play "in the halves" in attack but stay at fb for defense.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
There should be just as much concern with the style of football being played as with the actual results. I would be surprised if 'boring' didn't come up during post-season fan surveys.
True, but the results will only result in more caution and even more boring footy, especially with Griffin at the helm...

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
i think barba is going to have to play "in the halves" in attack but stay at fb for defense.
Yeah I think Barba in the halves is our only option left. At least he'll have a better chance of getting his hands on the ball before the play breaks down. Nobody else is going to take enough attention away from Hunt to make fifth-tackle options viable either, at least based on today.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

I think Hoffman is a good defensive fullback, so if we play Barba in the halves and Hoffman at the back, we may as well just leave them where they are.

I'm not as against Barba playing in the halves as some people ... i actually think he could make a very good #6. although we would have to be a bit patient with him, it will take him time to adjust.

Last edited:
Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Well my pessimism has been nothing but warranted after that drubbing today. Not only has nothing changed we have gone backwards, absolutely woeful. Griffin needs to go before the season kicks off, we need fresh thinking. These rumours about shit going on behind the scenes and people being unhappy def seems like it may have truth.

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
Barba in the halves will most likely happen, I don't want to see him put up a bomb every set......

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
There should be just as much concern with the style of football being played as with the actual results. I would be surprised if 'boring' didn't come up during post-season fan surveys.

Yep I said this last year. The thing that will kill Hooks career just as much as bad results is the crowds and who wants to pay to go see that. No way I'm going to Lang Pk from Wellington Point with the cost and travel time and late night return because even if we win you know we're going to just grind it out.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Normally, I would say you can't change players in key positions this close to the season starting.

But, does it really matter,

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
We've got Milford coming next year so that solves our halves problem long term. This year we just need to make the best out of what we've got.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd rather be able to have Hoffy on the wing so we don't have spud Maranta in the team

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Griffin is a dead coach walking as far as I'm concerned. Unless he is very good friends with board members, they really have no reason to keep him around anymore. That was just an unforgivable display. It's as if Wallace and Prince never left.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
We've got Milford coming next year so that solves our halves problem long term. This year we just need to make the best out of what we've got.

Does it? He's barely ever played in the halves and as much as I want Hunt to succeed, he still hasn't yet. Milford improves our prospects, but the problem, so far, would very much remain.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.