Triple M reports David Shillington to Broncos

I'm not against the signing but where does it put us heading forward? We don't need a prop as much as we need a fullback.

I hope this doesn't force McGuire out of the club. He'd be starting at most clubs.

I'm not against the signing but where does it put us heading forward? We don't need a prop as much as we need a fullback.

Don't expect a signing for Fullback. Griffin is banking on Yow Yeh to return to first grade next year so he can move Kahu back to number 1. I can see it from a mile away.

It isn't official by the by, just another rumour.

Who knows? MMM may have been having a slow news day and posted a rumour they saw on their Twitter feed.

Don't expect a signing for Fullback. Griffin is banking on Yow Yeh to return to first grade next year so he can move Kahu back to number 1. I can see it from a mile away.
*somewhat of a tangent*

This is the reason he hasn't signed any depth for the backline imo, Yow Yeh if all goes to plan will be playing round 1 2014.

Note: I have no links to anyone, this is just my personal gut feeling.

But I still don't see the carry on about Kahu at fullback, it's just people looking at him and wanting him to be more than he is.

MMM make alot of crap up. matt johns in particular i am positive just makes up rumours. he is wrong so so often.

Hmmm.

I'm in the hope it doesn't happen camp. I do rate Shillo as a prop but he'd probably be on more money than what he's actually worth. If we get him cheap he'd be a great signing, if it's at a "marquee" level $ wise then I hope it's a false rumor.

is Griffin any guarantee to be around next year after we go 9-15 and miss the finals this year ??

Was hoping they were going to be knocking on TLL's door instead on any visit to the nations capital.

Yeah....something like that.

I'm not against signing another big prop by any means, but

Shillo the pillow? ....and at 30 yrs old, his best years of so-so footy behind him?

mehhh......

There were rumours of Shillington a couple of years ago and I was right behind it. I think it's probably a little late for him now. The joke about us being a retirement home for QLDers is starting to hit a bit too close to home...

Why sign Shillington when we just signed Tasi the Taser, and we desperately need a half and/or a FB?

We have Hannant, McGuire, Tasi, Hala, Dodds, Wallace J

Can't see the sense if it's true, or unless someone knows we are losing one of the above

There are no available worthy fullbacks or halfbacks on the market at the moment. Continuously whining about it is not gonna change that! :001_rolleyes:

As for Shillo, as long as he isn't on a marquee player type of contract, it's definitely worth the shot to bring size and depth to the front row, and return Thaiday to the second row.
At 30, he will definitely still have 2 or 3 years of good service, and hopefully he will bring more sledgehammer than pillow to his runs...

There are no available worthy fullbacks or halfbacks on the market at the moment. Continuously whining about it is not gonna change that! :001_rolleyes:

As for Shillo, as long as he isn't on a marquee player type of contract, it's definitely worth the shot to bring size and depth to the front row, and return Thaiday to the second row.
At 30, he will definitely still have 2 or 3 years of good service, and hopefully he will bring more sledgehammer than pillow to his runs...

That is true.

But then neither were Tasi, nor it seems, Shillington.

Assume we spend a reasonable amount on Shillo, and suddenly, Locke or Johnson for instance decide they want out?

IMO, with Tasi, we have sufficient forwards depth up front, we can focus on bringing through young talent like Wallace and have money to spare for a good half/FB

Taking into account players lost and players gained, If Shillo took the last of our cap space we need to march on Red Hill.

8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. Shillo
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Hala
15. McGuire
16. Gillett
17. Tasi

is a pretty decent pack that should lay the groundwork for the halves to actually do something.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • bazza
  • Manofoneway
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Brotherdu
  • BruiserMk1
  • Ondi
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • Harry Sack
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.